dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Reviews for Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 19, 13 11:35 AM
This game has gone backward in graphic time. It is not a bad game, just very old school. Graphics are a bit cartoony and not as good as the first two games (I only bought one of them). Game play is nice, music nice, not a lot of HOGs, but clean and easy to find items. Games are simple and don't take a lot of thought. Nice voice overs.

This game is more for a beginner than a more advanced player, which does not make it a bad game. There just isn't any real challenge to it. Because there is nothing new or special about this game, I did not see that it is CE worthy. Maybe as an SE if you have nothing better to do, or have a credit you are about to lose. However, not for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 19, 13 4:26 PM
oasis53 wrote:This is NOT a CE game...maybe if you are 10 years old..very childish..way too easy...boring...must click on an object and click another object to make anything happen at all...whoa BF..disappointing..
I couldn't have said it any better! Just awful. And I own the others.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on May 19, 13 5:59 PM

I don't know why, but I liked this game, not as a CE but as an SE. There's not enough here for a CE.

The game has a certain charm to it. It is child-like, but not child-ish. The earlier Isabella game, the best part was when the fairy said "you (did something) YAY!. I loved the way she said "YAY!" It made you feel like a kid again.

This game doesn't have the YAY! but it has a lot of charming characters and the voices are superly done. You have to love the mandrakes.

It's true there is nothing new (at least not during the demo) from a gameplay standpoint, but that is true of almost all the games here. It's certainly a better game than "attack of the killer trees" (sic) that was released last week .

Three and a half stars for the Princess.
1/2

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on May 19, 13 10:01 PM
Weird, from this dev. Nice to be able to speed up the hints, but the skip was still slow. No way to turn off the voices, or modulate the music separately. No option re cursor. Felt too out-of-date to work for me. I don't really see it working for kids, either, since it doesn't work smoothly--some moves make sense, but others too odd. And what's with the ultra-cutesy (mandrakes) vs. death&droning (entrance to castle), while a cartoony dragon circles overhead? Not for me, even as a DD. But swim over and see what you think.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on May 20, 13 12:59 PM
I love the other Princess Isabella games in this series, but this one falls a little short, I was going to wait and buy the SE of this game, but they had a sale today where I can get this collector edition for 6.99 great deal, seems like every Monday has a great deal.

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Reviews for Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition

[Post New]by appiel on May 21, 13 3:34 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/16u4hBF">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/247028.page>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 21, 13 4:09 PM
Review based upon completion of the game and the bonus chapter.

This is the third installment of the Princess Isabella series and conclusion of the trilogy. When we left off the witch turned Isabella to stone, and the allies swept in to rescue the baby. Now grown up, as Princess Bella, the heir, it is your duty to take the kingdom back, assisted by Fairy, a dragon and three Fairy Godmothers.

The Good:

+ story
+ trademark uncursing of rooms and landscapes
+ the magic duel is back!
+ adjustable options (I played with fast hint recharge, very slow skip and sparkles up)
+ still a lot of stuff to break, blow out or renew
+ diverse minigames

The Neutral:

o most riddles are very easy
o giant spider warning. She's not too big though, and you interact with her.

The Bad:

- the fairy used to be charming, but her new hastened and pitched up voice is annoying (then again, she's not with you that long...)

Bonus Content: The bonus chapter took me about one hour to complete. You return to the original castle and set the ghosts of the previous inhabitants, who were cursed by the witch, free. An unusual extra are two behind the curtain videos: A walk through the developer's studio (longer than the Big Fish one from Dire Grove) and Outtakes from the voiceover recordings (quite funny). Other than that you can re-watch the videos, as usual, artwork and some wallpapers.

Bottom Line: This is a satisfying ending to the series. Finally, one that knows how to not overstay their welcome. I have to give a warning for you ophidiophobists out there: You will encounter a lot of giant snakes. If you want to defeat every last bit of evil, get the CE, otherwise the regular edition will be fine.

BHQld
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by BHQld on May 25, 13 3:14 AM
OMG, I can't believe I wasted money on this!

The first 2 Princess Isabella games are still favourites of mine. I'm not a HOG person, but the majority of the games was to figure things out, so that was ok. This PI, is ALL about HOG. It's like someone fell asleep at the strategy wheel and figured, "meh, just wack 'em with another HOS, who cares"

I finished the game in about 2 hours, first time around. WT...

The ONLY enjoyable thing about this game was the Mandrake Root creatures, they were gorgeous.

The rest of the game.... *yawn*

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 25, 13 3:59 PM
Well I suppose we can't all like the same games, good news is there are enough games on the BF site, to PLEASE us all .

I am with Oldmanriver and JustTheFacts, I LOVED every minute playing this VERY charming, full of wonder, fantasy, with all of its magical abilities, cute creatures and especially the mandrakes.
Speaking of mandrakes, they made for some very creative puzzles, fun magical abilities, as well as TOO cute voices....LOVED them !
AND, I am a total sucker for magic wands, dragon flutes and making potions, gaining powers from creatures, and saving fairy godmothers.
PLUS after removing the evil, the scenery changed to visually stunning, beuatifully done, fantasy style imagery, at least in my eyes .

I had widescreen, that wasn't stretched, didn't have any technical issues of anykind, so was VERY grateful about that, couldn't play the ROPCOTF, which broke my heart, so I do understand the disappointment when others have issues, guess I got lucky on this on.
I totally enjoy this style of game, and the game play itself, was it brain taxing, no, it was a very relaxing, entertaining, FUN fantasy, full of magic, that brought my inner child out, which to be honest, lifts the spirits and the soul, I have a lot of SERIOUS health issues, so to be able to be transported to a happy place, which THIS GAME DID just that, while playing it, you just can't put a price on it .

I would like to personally say THANK YOU, to GOGII, I just LOVED everything about your game, GREAT ending also, sorry to see this series end, because I would keep buying them .
There are those of us that do LOVE your games, so I hope you will keep that in mind, for future games.
The only negative I found, and its a small request, I would like to see, extra items to find, and achivements, for a CE, got this on sale, but if I paid full price, it could have been longer, for the price of a CE, but otherwise, PERFECT for little O'le me .

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Jun 10, 13 1:02 AM
bel gioco,ma non come gli altri della serie.comunque piacevole e divertente...

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jun 15, 13 7:57 AM
This is my LEAST favorite game from one of my most favorite developers. Too much hand holding with sparkles, magnifying glasses, glowing orbs, etc. Many different rooms to explore, but only one or two things to do in each with much travel (without a jump map) to place one object, sometimes not being able to pick anything up to do something else... just a lot of busy work.

I found this game to be purely tedious and no fun whatsoever. Definitely will NOT play this one again and will be wary about the next one they put out. Seems like the entire game was done by their "B" team. Pity,,,

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 16, 13 12:20 PM
Don't like it....played about 30 minutes and was rather annoyed. I turned off the music and also the sound. Not going to buy the CE or the SE.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Jun 16, 13 12:58 PM
You say the music's too loud? Oh gee heaven forbid that you open up options and I don't know, maybe turn it down?! OMG What a radical concept! ;v)

Edited on 06/16/2013 at 1:01:28 PM PST

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Jun 24, 13 2:40 PM
Cobweb55 wrote:This is my LEAST favorite game from one of my most favorite developers. Too much hand holding with sparkles, magnifying glasses, glowing orbs, etc. Many different rooms to explore, but only one or two things to do in each with much travel (without a jump map) to place one object, sometimes not being able to pick anything up to do something else... just a lot of busy work.

I found this game to be purely tedious and no fun whatsoever. Definitely will NOT play this one again and will be wary about the next one they put out. Seems like the entire game was done by their "B" team. Pity,,,

You have said it BEST!!!! I for one was stupid enough to purchase this sight unseen to keep my "sets complete". WHAT a MAJOR FAUX PAS! Normally I will demo a game, As of the past few mos I haven't had the time to do so and put my trust in BF to not publish a game which is part of a great storyline .....that seems to be fished out of file 13!!! Quality control must be on vaycay~~~~!

[Post New]by ferzan171 on Jul 23, 13 4:10 AM
I have a link for PRINCESS ISABELLA 3 CE full version free

http://kat.ph/princess-isabella-3-the-rise-of-an-heir-ce-new-hog-asg-t7380656.html

It is for PC

Download Torrent and Enjoy

Thanks

[Post New]by oldbabci on Sep 6, 13 12:05 PM
BHQld wrote:OMG, I can't believe I wasted money on this!

The first 2 Princess Isabella games are still favourites of mine. I'm not a HOG person, but the majority of the games was to figure things out, so that was ok. This PI, is ALL about HOG. It's like someone fell asleep at the strategy wheel and figured, "meh, just wack 'em with another HOS, who cares"

I finished the game in about 2 hours, first time around. WT...

The ONLY enjoyable thing about this game was the Mandrake Root creatures, they were gorgeous.

The rest of the game.... *yawn*

[Post New]by oldbabci on Sep 6, 13 12:09 PM
Hi, I hope you can help. I am using the magic wand to get rid of the termites
and nothing happens. Am I supposed to use it a certain way, I feel that I have
tried everything and nothing seems to work I have looked at the run thru and
I still don't have a clue what I am doing wrong. I would very much appreciate your help as you seem to be so very good at the games. thanks

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 9, 13 4:40 PM
I loved all three of the games! I will agree that this game is much easier, but that doesn't take away from the fun I had playing it or it's charm. This is the first game I have ever played that let me set the speed of the hint and skip buttons. Sometimes I just like to play a beautifully drawn game, with pretty music and no brain torturing logic needed. I rate this game highly.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 24, 14 1:25 PM
So after playing the other two in the series, I automatically bought this one. So based on the completion of the game I can tell you it probably took me two hours. It isn't a difficult game, but there are a few things you do have to figure out. There are lots of hints and clues lying about, so no worries there. From time to time, it's nice to have something casual to play in between advanced CE's, so this one was just fine for that. Having said that, though, there is absolutely nothing CE worthy of this game. No achievements, no collectibles, no morphing, really nothing but straightforward game play. Sometimes that can be a good thing, but getting the SE is even better. After some of the games I played recently, the graphics were fine, my w/s was filled, and yes, you can adjust the volume, however, on cut scenes the volume seems to automatically get louder than when you are just in normal play of the game. Not sure what that is all about. I liked the game and recommend it for those who just want to play casually every now and then.

Gill_1off
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_1off on Jun 22, 14 8:32 AM
To date I am enjoying this game...BUT.....at present am in the dungeon with the cage suspended over poisonous green water,and a cauldron of fire! Question is:how do I get a fire torch from it? Everywhere I have returned to there is nothing to use for a torch.'
HELP please!

Go to: