barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

Re:Group play for ND Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake started May 18th, all welcome to join in

[Post New]by barregar on May 18, 13 3:10 PM
So if there is a Second Chance button, is there a third or fourth chance? What happens if we keep dying in one part or another? just keep clicking the second chance button? sorry for asking as I'm new to ND games....I didn't know a person can die so quickly...that must mean the game is tough?

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Re:Group play for ND Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake started May 18th, all welcome to join in

[Post New]by mcquigan on May 18, 13 3:19 PM
Hi Barregar,
You are not alone. I have only played two ND games, and I only finished one.
I have been saving like crazy, with descriptive names (you can add a title to it when you save).
I have absolutely no sense of direction, and even with the map have been stuck in the cemetery for about an hour, I am saving with names like "stump on left" stump in the middle" etc.
Back to aimless wandering I go, which is how I even got into the cemetery in the first place.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 18, 13 3:25 PM
barregar...Every time you die just click Second Chance. There is no limit. No matter how many times you die in a row or anywhere in the game, it works.

abiloo...Normally I like mazes, but this one was tough. I finally tried to draw a map, but didn't do a very good job of that. I noticed that when you click on ** a bird or log or some such thing, it shows up on the map. ** So I would ** move a bit and then click on the map to try and see where I might be ** and that helped a little.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 18, 13 3:35 PM
Thanks mcquigan & marianne...noted.
I haven't started yet...only starting on Monday.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 18, 13 4:41 PM
Aquatic here, and starting in Senior Detective Mode.
Yay, no more looking for the alarm clock and resetting the time of day, and most marvelous, you can back away from an opened door or cupboard without closing it!

3 seconds in and ** fell through the floor boards! ** I laughed so hard the dog started barking. (That's my Boston Terrier, not the Ghost Dogs. )

It's been years since I last played this game. By ** maze ** do you all mean the ** forest trails ** or is there something worse to come. (Hate ** mazes. **)

Ive been all round the lake, talked to 3 people, and gotten lost in the woods twice.
Time to head topside and do my laundry, otherwise, I won't be able to "Semper Ubi Sub Ubi" !

mcquigan, I lived in Clark County in the the late 80's with a view of Mt. St. Helens from my house. Saw one of the ash eruptions in 1989. Scary! I am now in King County with a view of Mt. Rainier, may she ever sleep peacefully!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on May 18, 13 6:44 PM
Hi All

Have been playing for a couple of hours now, and I like how this came is going, have only played some of the first ones, and I like the changes that they made in this one

Of course I died right away like all of You just after a couple of minute into the game, have been in and out of the Forrest (Maze) a couple of times, and it's getting more easy the second time, just do as Marianne says, click on anything and it will show up on the map, that way You'll know where You are and where to go, Thanks Marianne

I'll get back tomorrow, Bye

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 19, 13 3:15 AM
YAY! I finished Gabriel Knight, great game! But boy did I have trouble with the final part!

Going to start with Nancy now

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on May 19, 13 6:01 AM
Way to go Catfish.
I started yesterday, played for about three hours, for 2.5 hours I've been stuck in the same place

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on May 19, 13 6:42 AM
Oh Aquatic that made me giggle

We have nice weather! So I am in the garden, about to start some work, but wish I was going to play some ND! Maybe i'll do a tiny bit of work, then play hehe

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on May 19, 13 7:57 AM

fellow Adventurous Fishies! How's ND:GDoML going? Just swimming by to see if you're all having fun.

I'm not sure how many (if any) of you are checking the Adventurous Fish forum but there's a new adventurous fishie to the Pond who'd like some recommendations re adventure games, especially if there are any CEs that (s)he could get today in the sale. If you pop on over there maybe you could give a new adventurous fishie some suggestions.

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 8:00:30 AM PST

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on May 19, 13 8:15 AM

WTG, CfG, finishing Gabriel Knight!

abiloo, you have nice weather ?!?!?!?!?!?! I could count the number of days we've had since last October on one hand ... and have plenty of fingers left over !!!!!!!! The eastern side of Germany is having beautiful, hot, days with temps in the late 20s (80s I think in Fahrenheit?) while we on the western side - especially up in the north where I am - are having cold, wet and miserable weather, day after day after day. It's nearly summer and we've had one week of warm...ish weather this entire spring (but it was overcast for most of the week). At least it hasn't today. But my garden's all different colours atm - mainly new foliage but also some - and I can't sit in the garden to enjoy it as it's miserable outside. Good day for gaming, though.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 19, 13 8:18 AM
A BIG CONGRATS CFG ON FINISHING GK I had to use a w/t for that last part.

Thanks Aquatic for reminding me of Semper Ubi Sub Ubi...LOL. I had forgotten that one.

stusue...I replied to the new adventure fishie. I was browsing the threads earlier this morning and saw her asking for adventure games and she was told to drop over to Adventurous Fish, so I listed some of the LFA games that we've played.

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on May 19, 13 8:28 AM
We have been having terrible weather here in England too, I think that's why it is so amazing for me today that it is actually nice enough to sit outside!! I don't think it will last though, i'm sure it will rain again tomorrow!! I sure am missing Summer this year.

But then again if we have scorching hot weather in August and i'll be 8 months pregnant I will probably end up moaning about it

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on May 19, 13 8:35 AM
mariannequilts wrote:stusue...I replied to the new adventure fishie. I was browsing the threads earlier this morning and saw her asking for adventure games and she was told to drop over to Adventurous Fish, so I listed some of the LFA games that we've played.

Thanks, Marianne, I just noticed that you'd made some suggestions over there. Unfortunately, I'm having a really bad brain day today and couldn't think of what to suggest, so thought I'd pass the request on to the experts, who may not see the message as they were busy trying to navigate their way around ND:GDoML and trying not to die ... again.

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on May 19, 13 8:52 AM

abiloo, I never complain about the cold - after all, I moved here from the other side of the world as it was way too hot there - and I love it when it's -20 C and snowing! But boy some sure would be nice.

And I certainly hope it isn't going to be scorching for you in August! If it is, I won't be here. I'll be back warm - not hot in winter - Sydney, visiting all the family.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 19, 13 6:02 PM
Thank you for all the congratulations everyone. DH and I had a really nice anniversary and it was extra special this year as it fell on a weekend (no work) Yay! and even Mother Nature was kind and gave us a gorgeous weekend.

I am at the part where I am looking for critters. So far, I have only found 10. Those last 2 are being tough to find. I am getting really tired of looking underneath rocks and fallen trees and coming up empty.

Has anyone found all 12 yet?

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 7:27:06 PM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 19, 13 7:26 PM
Whew, found the last 2. Now on the lookout for that elusive hawk.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 20, 13 3:03 AM
Hi Everyone! I have found all the** bait bugs** by going through the woods about 99 times, always on the lookout for ** birds too. I'm missing the same one as you Sunshine. Usually you hear their song just before spotting them, but all is quiet. Except for Nancy occasionally** yelling out "Tweet, tweet!"**

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on May 20, 13 4:10 AM
arghhh

** I am rubbish at finding bugs, only have 5 so far!!! I keep getting lost a lot still too, I am just rubbish at navigating that map! **

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 20, 13 4:43 AM
aquatic...Maybe Red Knott will have a suggestion for finding the hawk.

abiloo...Not all the bugs are in the woods and not all can be found in the daytime.

Go to: