Re:Reviews for Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 23, 13 2:39 PM
Another great Blue Tea game. Another great addition to the Dark parable series.
Some people don't like Blue Tea or ERs for being "Cookie Cutter"". My opinion is if you make a great product, make changes gradually and keep on the leading edge. Great game B.T.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 23, 13 3:19 PM
I guess you either love it or don't like it.. I have played all the other Dark Parables and since I have only played the trial, I really can't give a proper review. I do like the FROG's and this is one game that has them. Map, I just have to get used to it, but we do have one. Graphics are nice and clear, don't have any problem with them. Hints reload fast and puzzles are easy so far. Haven't quite made up my mind if I want to wait for the SE or just go ahead and buy the CE. Give this one 4 out 5 stars.. so guess I kinda like it..

[Post New]by onestraitfan2004 on May 23, 13 5:28 PM
Great game! Blue Tea Games never disappoints! Looks like the next one might be Jack and the Beanstalk and looking forward to it

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 23, 13 5:57 PM
HAPPY DAY, HAPPY DAY.... ..ABSOLUTELY love BTG'S!!!!
What can I say, I just LOVE fairytale's, and FROGS, and nobody does it better than BTG'S, IMHO of course .
The reason I love and enjoy this series, is the style and game play, and the familliarity, its what I expect and look forward to, when a new one is released.
Owning over 400 games, I can't say that after six, of the same style, that I am bored of them, I am the total opposite, and am hoping they have the same style and game play, that made me LOVE them, and really enjoy playing them, in the first place, so I for one am a happy camper and have no complaints, LOVE IT!!

BTG'S have BEAUTIFUL items, to find and put together, NOT the same old, same old, you find in most games.
They are always, colorful, magical and just exciting to play, and always have a good story and fitting music, with extra touches, that just make me happy while playing, I've never been disappointed with any of their work, so I guess you could say that I am a HUGE fan .

This is a no brainer, and will be a definite BUY for me, being a FROG fan also, this has everything I need and want in a game, GREAT JOB again BTG'S .
Keep making them and I for one, will keep buying them, there is no doubt, your team hits my sweet spot ...and I wouldn't change a thing .

I feel, if it isn't broke, don't fix it, that is just my opinion of course, and opinions are like ****, everybody's got one..lol!! .

Edited on 05/23/2013 at 6:00:58 PM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on May 23, 13 6:00 PM

Seems well made but way too "girlie" for me - and probably anyone else of the male persuasion.

I guess "Cinderella" in the title should have been a hint

Oh, and clock hands don't "float" in liquid. So there's that.

I don't care for this one. Quit the demo after chapter one. But try and see.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 23, 13 6:23 PM
Although I have all the Dark Parable games and have enjoyed them I have found this one a little to glittery and girly girl to waste a CE price on it....I'll either wait for a really great CE deal or wait for the SE to complete the game.

The game as far as the demo goes, seems to be taking characters from different fairy tales in this search for the "real" Cinderella.

Graphics and annimations are very nice, if not a bit too glittery and overly colorful....bling, bling all the way. But like I said above, I will buy when the price is right.

Map is NOT a transporter map, so it is fairly useless. This game also seems to have "side" games and "dress up dolls" which I am not the least bit interested in. Hint recharges very quickly and is the best to use when trying to navigate around...like I said, the map is useless.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 23, 13 6:33 PM
Another in the series. I have the other four and thoroughly enjoyed them all. This one is very much the same in nice graphics (a bit washed out color) and game play. Games are fairly simple. I usually skip the "move from here to there," but I actually got this one right! I do like the FROGs. Some items are difficult to see, because of the color. Things just sort of blend together.

Story is nothing new, just a bit different (who knew there was more than one Cinderella). Hint helpful and fairly fast recovery. Nice SG as well. Music not too bad, but does get a bit annoying after awhile.

I have sworn off CE games until I use up my credits, and even though this is a nice game, I'm not sure it is CE worthy. There is nothing special. Nice voice over.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT:

Not sure why we get the "extra" items we find, except for the clothing. I have not been able to find all four parts during the demo. END SPOILER ALERT

I did like this game and will purchase, but not sure yet if I'm going to spring for the CE or wait for the SE. I will add one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

(Edited twice for typo, yikes!)

Edited on 05/23/2013 at 6:43:47 PM PST

herchev68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by herchev68 on May 23, 13 8:18 PM
Great game Thanks Big Fish and Blue Tea. The Bundle sales are a great idea, but I have not been able to take advantage of any because I had already purchased the other games.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on May 23, 13 9:11 PM
I concur with the useless map! Mine isn't showing anything other than my location, and I tried it in normal and casual mode.

I can't stand the annoying "ding" every time I click on something...I couldn't handle it for 20 minutes, so I certainly don't think I'll handle it for 6 hours!

I like the fact that you can turn off sparkles.

I may consider as a SE but not worth the money with no jump map (yes, I'm too lazy to keep going backwards and forwards), and annoying ding.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on May 23, 13 9:47 PM
Gorgeous graphics. Love this developers games. Purchased before demo was over.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on May 24, 13 12:02 AM
no buy for me.

HATE FROGS.

do not like the fussy graphics... and loud colors. how many pixels can you fit in one screen, ya know? just too much.

and, the game is WAY too easy... and way too many FROGS... every time i turned around, another FROG scene.

puzzles were way too easy... (the ridiculously few i came across!) and now we have clothes to collect for... oh, never mind. not interested in dressing cinderella. or anybody else, for that matter.

i'm REALLY trying to find ONE thing to like... well, i guess i'm wondering who that big black thing with the red lines through him is... doesn't look like prince charming, but who knows?

i struggled to make it through the entire demo but my GM says i have 12 minutes left. well, at least that's 12 minutes of my life i still have.

and my last gripe?
i went into options and TOLD it to turn off sparkles (i played on the middle hardness so that i wouldn't lose "skip" and "hint" entirely, just IN CASE this was a game with some challenge ) and there, in the fountain scene, were SPARKLES... in the water... and, when i backed out from the fountain, there were sparkles everywhere!

i had turned them off! i HATE sparkles... they are my pet peeve. they should exist ONLY in the easiest level... and i turned them OFF, yet there they were, mocking me....

no buy. dumb game. sparkles. enough said.

ETA: another pet peeve of mine: when i click "no tutorial" i MEAN "NO tutorial"! and yet still, when i got to the wardrobe... a tutorial pops up to teach me to dress cinderella....

Edited on 05/24/2013 at 12:23:38 PM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 24, 13 12:21 PM
After replaying this game several times, then going back to Briar Rose down through the Red Ridinghood Sisters have reached the conclusion that Red Ridinghood exceeds ALL of them in graphics, connection with characters, music etc. All of them are of course very entertaining and are replayed frequently with great enjoyment but the Sisters are the best. Will be waiting anxiously for your next offering. Have been poking around on you website and facebook for clues to no avail.

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by NormanFan on May 24, 13 12:31 PM
Like you I LOVE all of the games and RRH was actually my 2nd favorite - for me the best was The Exiled Prince...

This current offering was great fun and quite lengthy... Blue Tea for sure always gives you plenty of game for the $$

SPOILER: Based on the teaser in this game (and some gossip) it appears the next game will have to do with Jack and the Beanstalk... no telling what other fairy tale characters will "crop up" in that one, but knowing Blue Tea, it will certainly be a beautifully-rendered and interesting story!

Penny1942 wrote:After replaying this game several times, then going back to Briar Rose down through the Red Ridinghood Sisters have reached the conclusion that Red Ridinghood exceeds ALL of them in graphics, connection with characters, music etc. All of them are of course very entertaining and are replayed frequently with great enjoyment but the Sisters are the best. Will be waiting anxiously for your next offering. Have been poking around on you website and facebook for clues to no avail.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on May 24, 13 4:19 PM
Just want to say that BTG did an amazing job with this game. This dev; never disappoints as far as I'm concerned. Their games always run smoothly, their graphics are gorgeous and the storylines are interesting. I will take these "cookie cutter" games anytime over games with all the bells and whistles and state of the art graphics that give me all kinds of technical problems and half the time won't run on my computer!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on May 24, 13 6:22 PM
I enjoy of DB Collector's Edition storyline is always great along with graphics. When one comesout I don't even preview I just buy because I know that I will not be disappointed.

Wish more of the games that come out are at this high level. This when BF is at it;s best!!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on May 24, 13 11:21 PM
O.K. just finished playing main game, and am glad to be back to the "normal world", cuz my eyes couldn't take one more minute of these bright colors and junkpile scenes!! And yes, not just the HOS which were the usual from these Devs, but every new scene I entered, I felt overwhelmed!! The story was just O.K., and the mini-games were also O.K. But when looking back on the other "Dark Parables" games that I bought, I think this will be on the bottom of my list. Something about this game just didn't grab me - not that I didn't get into the game about halfway through, but never truly drew me in.Just didn't get all that excited. Sorry Devs.

feenix

[Post New]by bam522 on May 25, 13 12:34 PM
The game is great so far. But How do get a clean cloth???

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on May 25, 13 4:35 PM
Bam522 - try dipping it into the mirror pool where fresh, clean water is pouring out of the angel's pitcher.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on May 25, 13 5:10 PM
Well, I went back to see what the bonus game would be like, and pretty much the same as the main game. But what I DID like about the bonus, was, it pretty much explained what and why things were happening in the main game. I'm not that much into the "fairy tale" type of themed games, although I have my share of them, but as I said in my previous review, I did enjoy the Dark Parables collection, just that this one is on the bottom of my list. Happy Memorial Day everybody and happy gaming!!

feenix

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on May 25, 13 6:49 PM
I wish the game had been better...

If there's one thing that the Dark Parable series is known for, is sharp, colorful graphics. The kind that makes you go wow!. Unfortunately, that is not the case this time. It seems that either they rushed the game into release, or they're slacking in terms of quality with the graphics, because they're not the standard that is usually done for this series. The graphics were either average, or in some cases (as in the HOS) a bit blurry.

Music was okay, at least it's not a rehash of the soundtracks from the other Blue tea games. In terms of storyline, however, seems to me that they're beginning to repeat themselves, and that is sad, because there was something of a story there with the Cinderellas from all over the world. The end result looks like a rehash of the DP version of the Snow Queen (Rise of the Snow Queen), and given the twists that they usually do for the fairy tales, this is surprising. Surely they could come up with something original. Plus for some reason, the two stories (the story of the evil Godmother, and the Cinderellas from all over the world) didn't quite gel into a cohesive story, and it seems that the devs. were running two stories in one game.

Overall, lots of content (the extra parables section, even in the bonus game, was nice), but the game itself looks far from great. So a very good game, just not the usual standards of the Dark Parables series.

Go to: