patskarma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by patskarma on May 26, 13 6:25 PM
Game was playing pretty good until I got to the Art Room where you have to go to the desk and unlock a box and every time I have tried, the game comes up with an access error code and shuts the game down. Have installed and reinstalled and the same thing. Had no problems with the game till this point.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 26, 13 6:41 PM
I froze in a couple of other spots, but after restarting was working okay until I also got to the Art Hall...same place. I am so tired of buying games that don't work! I recently had a CE do the same thing and tried the SE version, but that also didn't work. What is the deal here!!

[Post New]by dolores3355 on May 26, 13 9:15 PM
i am also one of the "lucky" ones that have had it freeze up on me!!! all my video cards and stuff are up to date. i really like this game too! what gives??? can it be fixed? don't want to buy it if it doesn't work!!!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 27, 13 3:13 AM
Heya Fishies,

It definitely isn't good news that so ,many of your are experiencing freezes with the game. We know exactly how frustrating this must be!

If you haven't tried the steps here yet that bfgSeine mentioned, please have a look at the help article to see how to get your computer up-to-date.

If you have followed the steps or if your computer is updated already, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to your email. This way they can check what is causing the problem. They won't just check for problems on your computer but will also check for problems with the game itself as we haven't be able to reproduce this issue just yet.

Thanks for everyone that contacted us already!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 3:13:24 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 27, 13 7:58 AM
error access violation, in the 1st part of the unlimited mode...

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on May 27, 13 8:47 AM
I had the same problem as patskarma in the art room. As soon as I zoomed in on the box scene on the desk, complete lockup with a access violation.

CTRL/ALT/DELETE is the only way to leave the game. My drivers and PC are up to date and no problems except in this game.

EDIT: I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I completed everything else in the Art Hall, and then used the 'Hint' button and that took me to the desk scene and no crashes. Completed the scene and moved on.

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 9:42:46 AM PST

[Post New]by jeanieweanie on May 27, 13 9:11 AM
Me too. Same spot in the Art room

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 27, 13 12:45 PM
I think I play Crtl/delete then the game.
Checked with big..everything is up to snuff graphic card wise and x whatever.
This really is getting nuts, no fun at all.
Kris

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on May 27, 13 2:33 PM
Add my name to the list. Art room zoom in kills everything. Twice. This is obviously an issue that needs a patch. SO frustrating!

kimberelf
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kimberelf on May 27, 13 3:05 PM
bella81762 wrote:error access violation, in the 1st part of the unlimited mode...

same here, on trying to find a snowflake in one of the rooms.

[Post New]by crypticsolofawn on May 27, 13 3:48 PM
Have been playing full version and had a few minor freezes...Then about half way through, the game crashed my computer. It started pixelating then screen went black. Finally took it to Best Buy to fix it.

KAY21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by KAY21 on May 27, 13 5:43 PM
I'm also having problems with the game freezing. I've completed the game and am now in the timed search. Every time I try to find the shovel in the kitchen or the snowflake in the tower (both hidden, or green items) I have to use either the fairy or the hint button and my computer crashes. Starting to wonder if either of these objects exist! I get an 'Error...unable to read' message and have to shut down my system.

Please don't tell me to update my drivers like you always do, they are updated. It's obvious that this game has some serious freezing issues.

Thanks, Kay

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on May 27, 13 8:59 PM
Yes the desk scene in the Art Hall crashes for me too, even after trying the 'press the Hint button' tip. Shame, I was enjoying the game.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on May 27, 13 10:32 PM
Same problem in the Art Hall. I've tried several times and it freezes every time. Yes, my system is up to date. I will hope/wait for an update. I have purchased the game and enjoy it. I'm hoping that a "fix" comes out soon.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 28, 13 5:59 AM
kimberelf wrote:
bella81762 wrote:error access violation, in the 1st part of the unlimited mode...

same here, on trying to find a snowflake in one of the rooms.

yup thats exactly what mine was, tried usinf fairy, hint, and nothing no work around for this i fear...hopefully a new build is made

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 28, 13 6:52 AM
thought I'd snuck past the art room, but then you have you use keys in a certain way in the courtyard (via info from the #$#@ art room...you go back to the courtyard, thinking ah ha..got past it...fix a ripped up paper and Wynncoff the wise starts talking..his talking bubble goes grey and that's it...frozen once again.

This is after doing everything I was asked to do by BF.
oh nuts.
kris

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 28, 13 11:00 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks so much to those of you who have already contacted Tech Support to work on these issues. It really helps to collect that information about what is happening in the game to send along to the developer if a fix is needed!

For those freezing and crashing issues, I would recommend checking for any video card driver updates which can help with this kind of thing! Just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, or that Art Hall part is still not working please be sure to get in touch with or reply to one of our Reps. They will do everything they can to help get that working!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 28, 13 11:01 AM
Ok, I'm also having a game crash but it's very specific. The rest of the game runs just fine.

When I'm looking for Professor Vertillis and I'm in the Art Hall, when I go to the desk with the locked box on it, the game freezes right there before I can take the lock picks and try to open the box.

It has frozen here no matter where else I've gone, how much else I've accomplished or how many times I've done a soft boot.

I'm not uninstalling and reinstalling the game, because in the past I've seen that recommendation A LOT only to have a patch come through a few days later that fixes the problem that no amount of uninstalling/reinstalling can fix.

And yes, all my drivers and video programs are up to date.

Thanks.

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by OzGuy on May 28, 13 1:47 PM
I am also experiencing the Freezing problem ... and looking through the comments of others it would appear that the Freezing is completely random in terms of where you are in the game and not limited to any one operating system. My only exit each time has been the power off button.

So far my system has not experienced any other difficulties, failures or restart problems as a result of installing the game demo and/or the forced power downs.

I too keep all my drivers, etc right up to date (still running XP SP3 with NVidia based video) ... and I close all unnecessary startup programs and managers to ensure minimal chances of game play interruption ...

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 28, 13 3:12 PM
what I have noticed, is that when I'm crashing and I can open manager..my cpu is 100% with explorer hogging 50% of that. The game is a large one--32-25%, BFG administrator (game manager) over 20%,,,do the math..the computer has no choice but to freeze up.
Anyone have any suggestion on de-pigging explorer?
I haven't noticed this crashing at all in the better games ie Rite of Passabe , Parables..run smooth as silk.
kris

Go to: