Developer Corner

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Bridge

[Post New]by Hapless on May 29, 13 12:50 AM
HI afan

Its great you have joined the forum. I tuned into this game straight away and have been enjoying it, but I am stuck at the bridge, I have 3 cipher wheels, a gun and a rasp in my infantry. I have searched every where for some nails and re-installed the game but still the bridge is still locked, and the hint button just sends me back there.

I was very interested to find out about you at the start, and now I know, just the two of you, very impressive.

Please can you help me.

Linda

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Bridge Sorted

[Post New]by Hapless on May 29, 13 1:27 AM
Hi again

Just been on another search and found the eighth board at the dead end near the punch ball. Brilliant now I can continue.

Linda

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Developer Corner

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 29, 13 2:31 AM
Just swimming in to sticky this thread so it is easily found and thank you for swimming in to chat and help us out with this game afan_o!

bfgBaikal

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 3:35 AM
judithannegg wrote:HELP! Have claw hammer, acid, and metal detector coil. Have been over every scene many times and can't find anything new or find any use for inventory! I absolutely love this game! Been using my brain! On hardest level, so no hints.

Hi ,
congratulations that is really hard ,my respect ,
I am not sure did you already finished this tasks , but I will try to help.

In the cellar scene on the right side on the table there is Metal detector , put the coil on the metal detector , you have to put charged battery in metal detector later on too.

Zoom in map in cellar use hammer you will find secret place !

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Bridge Sorted

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 3:39 AM
Hapless wrote:Hi again

Just been on another search and found the eighth board at the dead end near the punch ball. Brilliant now I can continue.

Linda

Thanks Linda , It is great to see that you find solution ! Sorry for delay Time zone differences

cheers!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 3:47 AM
phatkhat wrote:Kudos to you, Afan, et al! Great game! (Especially as a new Dev!) I think that this may be the most underrated game of the year. I played half an hour and had to buy! Can't understand why so many bad reviews. I find it quirky and creepy, fun and with a storyline I can't put down!

Frankly, I am kind of tired of the "cookie cutter" games put out by many of the "big name" developers, and this one is different! Yay! No missing relatives, no saving the world from evil witches/warlocks/monsters. Just a story about humans and their own demons, like greed. I also like that it isn't obvious where the story is going. I've just gotten to the boat, and I have no idea what is going to happen.

Is it perfect? No, but then, different people have different tastes. It has a few more HOS than I like - okay, one is too many for me, LOL. It's also a little too linear. But I understand that with limited staff and resources, there are limits to what you can do. Hopefully the commercial success of this game will open opportunities to grow your studio and come up with more like it!

Thank you Afan, and thank you BFG, for bringing us this great game!

Hi phatkhat,

Thank you for your great words! We're excited to see that you enjoying our game.
Yes , it is not perfect game but we will do our best to make our next game to be much better. And thank you, you are helping us to achieve that goal.

Best wishes,
Afan

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 4:03 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:I am enjoying the game very much. I bought it a while back as a Deluxe Edition elsewhere. I would suggest next time you design it so the player can access the strategy guide from the game, not from the main menu.

I love the creepy poems! I love the sound effects. I keep waiting for something to jump out at me! I love the morphing objects.

Thank you for letting us turn off sparkles. That is so important, and may developers don't let us do that. Also, thank you that we can exit the game without having to okay that a few times and go through the main menu, where we are asked yet again if we are sure we want to quit!

One question. Why is your website (the URL with your name) just a screen shot from the strategy guide, page 7? Show us more! Tell us a little about yourselves, what you're up to next!

ETA Oh, yeah... make the inventory stay open! Or at least open when the cursor is over it, none of that click to open it please!

Great job though! It is fun and creepy!

Hi twinsoniclab,

Thank you for your kind words! I said few words about us in the first post of this thread ! Our main goal was to finish this game , our site is under construction and yesterday I decided to put Walkthrough on our site , to help you to find it easier , because we can't post links to the forum.

Currently we are working on second part of Royal Challenge Solitaire game and preparing our next adventure game. Royal Challenge Solitaire was released on BFG before two years , it was relaxing simple game , second game will be much much better. Hopefully this game will help us to extend our team to make better game that you will love!

Best wishes,
Afan

Afan

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on May 29, 13 4:33 AM
I'm in the cellar ... and I cannot break the wall as my hammer disappeared when I opened the cellar door. I have in my inventory the acid, shovel and a key.

I have un-installed and re-installed thinking there may be a glitz in the game, did not have any changes, so I started over again under a new profile name.

Again, I'm stuck at the same spot with nothing to break the wall.

Can you help?

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 4:44 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:
drankin wrote:Early in the game, the hint button directs me to open a HOG in the living room, but there is no such space. No sparkles, nothing to click. The hint directs me to just left of the chair. I've tried moving to other rooms and returning, but still nothing.

I'm having the same problem in the 1st. Bedroom. The hint tells me to open a HOG scene near the lamp but there is nothing there. No sparkles, no HOG scene, nothing. I have hammer, light bulb and battery (charged) in inventory, but nothing interacts, so now I'm stuck. If I go anywhere else in the game the hint button directs me back to the bedroom again.
I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled as suggested but that did'nt do anything. So this is yet another game I'm unable to finish and I'm getting really fedup. It's just one of many just recently.
My computer is all up to date.

Hi ,

If you have charged battery in inventory that means that you already finish the HOS in Bedroom first time. so put the battery in Metal Detector. Go to cellar scene and on the table on the right side you will find metal detector .Put the battery in and pickup metal detector . Also did you find secret place behind the map in cellar. If not use hammer to find that place. After that yo can progress to lake side ...

cheers!

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on May 29, 13 5:10 AM
Where is the hammer??????

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 5:20 AM
ghostguide2002 wrote:Where is the hammer??????

Hi ,

I am sorry for delay I missed your post somehow. Thank you for playing our game and for your patience . If you opened cellar already with hammer, hammer should return to inventory. But few players have that same problem . We are working on to solve that problem . I am sorry for the inconvenience.

best wishes,
Afan

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on May 29, 13 5:24 AM
Thanks, I will wait for a "fix."

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 5:26 AM
Thank you so much for your your patience ghostguide2002.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on May 29, 13 6:03 AM
I think I already have the metal dectector, even though it says coil. I have the charged battery in it. I already used the hammer on the secret place. I used the shovel earlier and found a gnome. I put tar on the boat, but that is it for the boat. Don't know how to get bag off of telephone pole. I think that may be the only thing I see that needs to be done, but have tried using everything in my inventory. Somewhere else in forums it was suggested to go to front of house, but no HOGS there. Somewhere else said first bedroom, but I went there, light already on, been there before and nothing new there now. I really, really like this game because I really have to use my brain, so I really want to finish it! Hope to see more from you!!!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 6:47 AM
judithannegg wrote:I think I already have the metal dectector, even though it says coil. I have the charged battery in it. I already used the hammer on the secret place. I used the shovel earlier and found a gnome. I put tar on the boat, but that is it for the boat. Don't know how to get bag off of telephone pole. I think that may be the only thing I see that needs to be done, but have tried using everything in my inventory. Somewhere else in forums it was suggested to go to front of house, but no HOGS there. Somewhere else said first bedroom, but I went there, light already on, been there before and nothing new there now. I really, really like this game because I really have to use my brain, so I really want to finish it! Hope to see more from you!!!

Hi ,

It is open world game so it is difficult to track where are you and what you are completed so far . But I will try

There is a HOS in tool house near telephone pole at the lake side. Did you complete that HOS ? You need pincers to remove nails from painting in cellar.

cheers!

Lin1707P
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Lin1707P on May 29, 13 7:16 AM
Stuck again!!!! Can not find the torch to melt the tar. Can not find the oar. Can not find the search coil. No matter what I try it keeps sending me back to the basement and tells me to put in the search coil. I really like this game, but am getting frustrated. Can not find any HOS to help.......

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 8:06 AM
Lin1707P wrote:Stuck again!!!! Can not find the torch to melt the tar. Can not find the oar. Can not find the search coil. No matter what I try it keeps sending me back to the basement and tells me to put in the search coil. I really like this game, but am getting frustrated. Can not find any HOS to help.......

Hi ,
I am here to help you
search coil is located in dumbwaiter (1st floor)

Oar is in the HOS in the garden behind fish pond , but I am not still sure about your progress in the game.
Tell me pleas what do you have in inventory?

best wishes

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on May 29, 13 10:28 AM
Hello, I have opened the cellar door but can't go down as the paddlock does not allow me too. there is nothing else to do.

Hi shian1,

I didn't quite understand but I will try to help you step by step.

1. open cellar door - use claw hammer
2. it is dark so you can't progress
3. open fuse box near cellar door
4. finish HOS in front on left side behind cellar door and fuse box
5 put in two fuses and fix the wire in fuse box , that will turn on lights
6 progress to cellar

[b]T[hanks afon-o but the lights in the cellar are on the door is open, but when I click to go into the cellar the padlock is showing. When I hit the hint button it tells me to go into the cellar. Any suggestions

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 10:31:23 AM PST

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 11:03 AM
Hi ,

That is strange, It looks like it is first time happening . That is issue. We will try to find and fix that one as fast as we can.

I am sorry I, but the only way is to re-install and start over with new profile . If you start over again , when you use hammer you need to click just two times to remove nails . Try to avoid fast and multiple clicking.

Thank you.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on May 29, 13 11:03 AM
Already did do the HOGS by telephone pole and did get pincers and went to basement to use them. Still only have acid, metal detector, and hammer.

Go to: