ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Post any Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Jun 5, 13 9:51 AM
As soon as I saw the game in a window i closed it..If it's the way the game is designed it was a poor choice.

[Post New]by pyramidblue on Jun 5, 13 10:18 AM
Error Access Violation at 0x021F0D50, game will not launch, game terminated. OS: Windows 7, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, same message. Any ideas?

[Post New]by carolthescot on Jun 5, 13 10:55 AM
Thank goodness I bought the original game as that's got full screen Shame i can't say the same for this version and since it can't be fixed either is not very helpful.I'm just going to uninstall it as it's to small on my desk top

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 5, 13 11:22 AM
Hey Fishies,

It looks like, at least for right now, the game is working only in windowed mode by design, so what you're seeing is totally normal.

pyramidblue, for that access violation, I would suggest making sure all of your drivers are up to date. For more details on making those updates, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't work, it would be really helpful for you to contact our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to look into this further and help figure out what's happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by larkyd on Jun 5, 13 3:49 PM
Flissa2 wrote:I got the same access violation as tejasgal. I also downloaded it on Firefox and Internet Explorer. Very annoying.
same here

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Access Error Violation

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 6, 13 3:32 AM
I don't understand why every time I download and try to play, I get an Access Error Violation and can't even open the game. I see others have this problem and no answers are yet forthcoming on what to do, if anything.

I have IE9 and Windows Vista. Latest everything, so I'm not looking for a solution like "please download the latest drivers"...

I sent in a Dr. Felix report just now. If anybody else has solved this issue, please post.

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 4:46:32 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 6, 13 3:44 AM
Hi Fishies!

For those of you who are up to date and have followed the advice already offered, yet are still receiving access violation error messages, my best suggestion would be to please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. For those of you have already done this, thank you!

This will allow us to offer specific advice for you issue and also any info we collect may help us identify a common thread that causes these error messages.

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 6, 13 5:39 AM
access violation. can't open it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 6, 13 6:45 AM
Heya krissywillow,

I'm sorry to hear you are getting that access violation as well .

As bfgBaikal mentioned above, if you have tried all the suggestions that have been posted here before and you keep seeing this error, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report with your message. They are already investigating this issue and the information we get from you will definitely help with that!

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Jun 6, 13 10:33 AM
The game runs fine for me. Windowed mode only, but that's the way I like it.
My problem is the missing Gopher coins. I played the first day and had racked up nearly 50k coins just from playing and winning trophies. When I opened the game the second day I had less than 10k. This puzzled me, but I thought maybe I'd spent them without realizing it.
Well, just now, I won a game contest saying I had won 5k coins. The coins didn't appear in my totals.
I plan to uninstall and re-install to see if this will fix the issue, but if it doesn't I will just delete this free game. I do not plan to spend real money on a game that is merely a diversion.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 6, 13 12:30 PM
Hi MzShel,

That definitely shouldn't be happening, and we want to make sure you're getting any earned rewards. If you contact our Tech Support Team, they'll be able to look into that further and figure out what's causing that to happen.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Tajuffy
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Tajuffy on Jun 6, 13 4:10 PM
Well I'm getting the access violation error. My laptop is only a couple months old so I have the latest drivers, reverified that. I have reloaded it, still access violation. I use Windows 7 using IE8.

Disappointing since I like the other versions of fairway solitaire.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 6, 13 4:52 PM
Hi Tajuffy,

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that's never fun to get an error like that when you want to enjoy the game. It sounds like you've taken some precautions against that error already, so at this point, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team to see if they might be able to offer some additional troubleshooting steps. Hopefully they can figure out what's causing that to happen and get the game running for you.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jun 6, 13 10:45 PM
Access violation error here, too. Still. I contacted the tech team and they had me update my video driver, to no avail. We'll see what they advise trying next, but I honestly think this issue isn't one that can be fixed by tweaking my computer.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Still no resolution to access violation...

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 7, 13 3:30 AM
I guess Tech Support can't figure out what's the issue with those Access Violations. People have sent them Dr. Felix reports (including me) and nothing has been solved. It must be something in the game itself, it's ability to function on certain platforms or computers with certain specs.

If anybody HAS resolved this issue, please post. I keep trying but still can't play at all. We wait so long for a good game like Fairway Solitaire to come along again and it's a disappointment.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jun 7, 13 3:47 AM
Me again, who hasn't had any luck with the Access violation even after updating my video driver, as the tech team recommended. I just downloaded the game to my laptop to see if it would work there. Same issue. Access violation error; game won't even start.

Both my desktop and laptop are Dells running Windows XP. Apparently it's not the OS that's the problem, as I see others are using different ones.

Edited on 06/07/2013 at 3:50:36 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 7, 13 3:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

We know how disappointing these access violation messages must be and we sincerely apologise that this is preventing many of you from playing and enjoying the game.

Just to let you know, we are working hard on resolving this so your continued efforts in contacting us is much appreciated, as this info is really useful in determining what is causing the issue on some machines and not others.

And rest assured that as soon as we have any news for you, will we let you know!

Thanks again!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by DirkHofmann on Jun 8, 13 1:18 AM
Hello all
as i am a bit of a Newbie I was wondering whether you could confirm that I am reading this correctly here : this -new- version of one of my favourite games ever can only be played in windowed mode ? Please please tell me that I am wrong and that I just haven`t read things correctly.
Owning an old-fashioned desktop I use a rather large screen and this tiny window is really not the way to play a game on it.
Any chance there migh be an `upgrade` of sorts to full screen ? Pretty please

D.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 8, 13 2:31 AM
Hi DirkHofmann,

Welcome to the Pond, Fairway is one of my favourite games too!

So, I can confirm that yes, Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play was developed to open and play in windowed mode.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback about this to the Fairway Team though and I am sure they will take it one board.

Happy golfing!

bfgBaikal

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Anybody resolve the issue yet?

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 8, 13 4:01 AM
It appears that this game is going to be one many won't be able to play unless the developers revamp it or change something. This Access Violation is still happening for a lot of people. I sent in Dr. Felix as did many others. But sometimes, the developers don't make any changes.

I give up on it for now. That's OK since there are a lot more games to play but I don't like getting the same stock replies saying "We're working on it...thanks for the information...have a great day...etc." That's stock customer service without any real assistance.

Go to: