SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jun 5, 13 11:21 AM
"Free to Play" or should that read "Money-Pit"

definitely a no-no for me, I would rather buy a downloadable $6.99 game that I can play to the end without forking out more cash. Thanks but I will stick with my original Fairway.

bobsfolly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bobsfolly on Jun 5, 13 11:32 AM
After loving the original Fairway, thought I would give this a go...what a bore. I completed about 4 levels and had a perfect hole every single time. There had to be more challenge than that. In the original Fairway, I would play repeatedly until I got high score. I have a feeling we will all tie for highest score on this game. And the pay for clubs thing...hmmmmmmmmm - NO! Thumbs down. Stick to the original. It is the best!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 5, 13 2:21 PM
I like this game and I love solitaire, but cannot get it to open in full screne. Therefore, I am not interested in playing it. Are any of you experiencing the same thing, or am I the only one? I tried deleting and reinstalling but that didn't work. I don't really like these 'free to play' games as that is most asuredly not true. Buying the game is must preferred than these free to play ones.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 5, 13 2:35 PM
Hi ladygem6,

The game was developed to play in windowed mode, so that is normal for the game to do that.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 5, 13 3:04 PM
I have the first Fairway and love it..I play it often and it just never seems to get boring. Didn't care for the second one and not too kicked out about this one either. The graphics and game play are nice, music is nice. I really like the cut-ins with the gopher, but he is a bit "nuts." That part is different and fun.

Do not care for the windowed thing at all. I want a game to fill my screen. The other solitaire games I have seem to be able to do that, but not this one. Also don't care for the "spend real money to get extra stuff" either. If you buy the game, everything else should be included in it. Why add the need to actually spend real money??

This game wasn't anything special and no where near as fun a the first. If it filled my screen, then I might buy with a credit, but since it doesn't, I won't. Too bad, could have been a nice game.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find that it is exactly what you wanted. Thanks for the reviews.

jigsnwigs
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by jigsnwigs on Jun 5, 13 7:53 PM
thistle809 wrote:I have the "regular" Fairway games and really enjoyed them, but this one may be a bit of a "bogey". I tried this because BFG sent me an email link for a "Sneak Peek". I will not get involved with a game that requires you to spend a ridiculous amount of cash, if you hope to truly enjoy it. This entire sector of the gaming industry is tacky, in my opinion. It is simply a rather crude way for developers to wring a lot of extra money out of customers.

In all "fairness", the graphics are excellent and the gopher is hysterical. The videos between courses are great. It does not have an option to play full-screen (that alone would be an automatic no interest for me). The sound levels should have been evened out. The intro when you first launch the game has a voice-over that is very, very soft. After you have turned up the volume on your speakers to hear the monologue, you are suddenly blasted out of your skin when the music starts. The volume levels are all over the place during the play on the courses: the commentator is fine, but many of the environmental sounds are much too loud.

Totally agree! I was planning on playing the original Fairway Golf tonight as I prefer it over the CE, but saw this and tried it. There is absolutely no reason to pay real money for Golf Bucks as it is easier to earn GBs in this version than in the CE. I'm deleting and going back to the original which is still my favorite.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jun 5, 13 8:03 PM
This current developer is stuck in the mid 1980s. Nobody's gonna shell out $50 for mega Golf Bucks. It's not even an expansion pack to the game, it's just a glorified paid cheat. Especially with game apps on smart-phones going for $5 or less is anybody gonna bother struggling with the math? I think it'll slap them in the face. I'm sure a few knuckle-headed morons will spend Daddys' $ on those features but I bet the prices drop dramatically in the next 2 months.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jun 5, 13 10:59 PM
Only plays in windowed mode. Not interested. Free is not always a good thing. Don't waste your time

[Post New]by LJRibbens on Jun 6, 13 5:49 AM
I got this game as I have got the collector's edition of Fairway Solitare

I think this is a good game, some holes are a bit hard (am on pack 3 and 1 course I have tried a few times and still can not get past) but that makes it more challenging in my opinion

As for sound I can not comment as I do not play with sound on

I know others have complained about the windowed mode but again just my opinion, I like playing in windows mode as well as full screen so for me this was not a problem

I look forward to hopefully seeing more fairway games

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Jun 6, 13 7:29 PM
I love this game. Easy to figure out and every new level is a bit more challenging. The graphics are good and I love the fact that you can buy the golf clubs to use if you get stuck.

This game is definitely a good buy!

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by lemarmot on Jun 11, 13 1:07 PM
RasmusB wrote:Extremely entertaining game. The only bad thing is, that sometimes, the atmospheric sound effects are way to loud, especially on the Breeze course. But I really like the concept, which seems very appropriate in this kind of games. I would rate it 4/5.

Edit: The atmospheric sound effects are way to loud (water sounds) generally on all courses.

the sound effects on the Africa course sounds like constipated elephants, and it's way too loud

[Post New]by Berniex7 on Jun 13, 13 7:28 AM
I am so addicted to this game I eat sleep and dream about it ( better than counting sheep lol) I just have a couple of annoyances with this game as follows.

I have a few questions regarding the trophies on the free to play game Fairway Solitaire as they could be a bit more helpful ie;
FORE THE CYCLE
Finish the coarse with a par, birdie, eagle, dbl eagle, trpl eagle, and a perfect score...it would be helpful if there were some way of knowing how we have done so far.
GOLF ****
whack the gopher 50 times. is this on a course or through out the whole game and can we have a counter please, maybe like we have with the stars.
and last but not least lol
SUPERSTAR.
Achieve the rank of golf pro....Yaay like How? LOL need level of achievement's.

Ok now gripe is over gonna go get on with the game LOL

Just found another problem...On the Scottish course Glasgow 211 Pack 6 The top score is 12 under par so how am I able to get the 15 under par needed to get the Great Scott Trophy....I dont know if there is another Scottish course...either the game needs tweecking or maybe me. lol

Edited on 06/13/2013 at 8:07:50 AM PST

Thereze
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Thereze on Jun 17, 13 8:32 AM
I enjoy playing the game but I agree with another comment about not being able to change the profile (I'm not the only one in the house that likes to play!). Some of the trophy's are also confusing, specifically the gopher w hacker. I can't find instructions on what you are supposed to do, so I figured when he showed up on the course, click on the gopher (or 'whack him') and that would take care of it, but nothing happens & he gets away.

I also wish it could go to full screen, but when I click on the full screen button nothing happens.

Other than those minor 'traps', I find it a very enjoyable game.

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 8:35:34 AM PST

Thereze
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Thereze on Jun 17, 13 8:39 AM
lemarmot wrote:
RasmusB wrote:Extremely entertaining game. The only bad thing is, that sometimes, the atmospheric sound effects are way to loud, especially on the Breeze course. But I really like the concept, which seems very appropriate in this kind of games. I would rate it 4/5.

Edit: The atmospheric sound effects are way to loud (water sounds) generally on all courses.

the sound effects on the Africa course sounds like constipated elephants, and it's way too loud

If you go into the settings, you can adjust all the sounds. (after you click play, you'll see the opening credits with a gear in the bottom right corner. Click on the gear & you can adjust volumes & change card decks & types).

[Post New]by TooLittleTime on Sep 26, 13 12:31 PM
Love the game! I'm addicted! It's one of the nice games that are free that you don't have to spend $$ to play. Example: there are a lot of free games that say free but to continue on in the game you have to spend real $$, Fairway Solitaire isn't one of them. Only down side is the course like the jungle one is overly loud and sounds like it's a mating party, or animals in pain... just annoying.

[Post New]by 99dudette on Jul 21, 14 11:24 AM
I loved this game but since being forced to purchase clubs I'm not going to play anymore; that's a sneaky and underhanded move and it ruins the fun of the game. I resent being forced to buy clubs when I don't want or need to, and I don't think that was a wise move for fairway solitaire.

Go to: