I have given up

Re:I have given up

[Post New]by angelkirie on Mar 2, 09 4:36 PM
BinLA wrote:This game was obviously written by people who don't speak English as their primary language. I could tell that right away when I had to look for an "insulated flask." What the heck is that? Finally realized it's a thermos, at least in American English.

Unfortunately, things like Thermos, BandAid, Kleenex and Frisbee are all brands, they've just become so iconic in our culture that these may be the only names we know them by. These names are all copyrighted so it is very difficult for developers to use them in their games. It's too bad really, but it does make for an interesting challenge when you get stuck on something like that! It's a total 'duh!' moment.

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Mar 2, 09 4:48 PM
angelkirie wrote:
BinLA wrote:This game was obviously written by people who don't speak English as their primary language. I could tell that right away when I had to look for an "insulated flask." What the heck is that? Finally realized it's a thermos, at least in American English.

Unfortunately, things like Thermos, BandAid, Kleenex and Frisbee are all brands, they've just become so iconic in our culture that these may be the only names we know them by. These names are all copyrighted so it is very difficult for developers to use them in their games. It's too bad really, but it does make for an interesting challenge when you get stuck on something like that! It's a total 'duh!' moment.

I never thought about that. That's a good point.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Mar 2, 09 4:59 PM
I really enjoyed the game. At times I needed hints but tried to find the items needed for more hints to be given. Had to skip the mini-puzzle about the wine bottles and looking thru the telescope on the tower I clicked on all the symbols needed but would not let me go further--so I had to skip that one also. I don't care cause I am not playing for best time-just to enjoy the game. Told me it took 9 hours of time to play--guess I got my $6.99 worth.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Mar 2, 09 7:14 PM
bin, it's a logic game. You remove the objects/people that don't belong based on the clues.
Sorry folks, wrong forum for this.

AdTech, haven't seen any issues with your typing, but if I did I certainly wouldn't send you a message about them!

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 2, 09 7:56 PM
lilhexy wrote:I just finished the game and I loved it. I know some of the items are harder to find but thats what I like about it. If things are too easy to find I get bored fast and the game doesnt last very long. I saw someone say they finished Inspector Parker three times..which game is that? Have a great day all and good luck with the games!
Tami
lilhexy

Inspector Parker is a pure logic game if you like that type I do like them
lineck

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 2, 09 9:16 PM
Tammy735 wrote:Don't give up. Some of the objects are really hard to find because they are so small.

If you really get stuck and run out of hints, use your Paint Program and then click on the magnifying glass to make the picture bigger. I have found so many things myself by using that program.

Keep at it. It is a great game, but frustrating at times.

How do you use the paint program to make things bigger?

Tammy735
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Tammy735 on Mar 3, 09 5:28 AM
To use the Paint Program

First - Take a screenshot of the picture (just cick on the Prnt Scn button on your keyboard). It doesn't seem like you have done anything when you click on that button, but you have.

Now, open Paint by clicking on Start - All Programs - Accessories - Paint. Click on the Edit button at the top of the screen and then Paste.

You will see the picture you took appear. Click on the magnifying glass (it's small, near the upper-left of the screen) and the picture will get bigger.

You can choose any colour you want to circle the items you are trying to find. If the picture is dark, I usually use yellow or orange.

Remember to save the picture, either to your desktop or to you Pictures.

Hope this works for you.

Edited on 03/03/2009 at 5:36:32 AM PST

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 3, 09 6:26 AM
Thank you so much Tammy735

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 3, 09 6:34 AM
lineck wrote:
lilhexy wrote:I just finished the game and I loved it. I know some of the items are harder to find but thats what I like about it. If things are too easy to find I get bored fast and the game doesnt last very long. I saw someone say they finished Inspector Parker three times..which game is that? Have a great day all and good luck with the games!
Tami
lilhexy

Inspector Parker is a pure logic game if you like that type I do like them
lineck

Love Inspector Parker! I keep that one installed at all times!

cookeemama
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cookeemama on Mar 3, 09 7:45 AM
Thank you, Tammy 735!!! I have never. in 15 years of using a computer, used Paint. I could never figure it. Your wonderful, precise instructions made all the difference in playing ISIS. As well as any future dark games. You've made my day!

Margare G

Tammy735
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Tammy735 on Mar 3, 09 9:38 AM
You are quite welcome. Now - have fun with the rest of the game

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Mar 4, 09 6:03 PM
I agree. This game could have been a really great game. But I refuse to play or pay for a game, where I can't even see the items I am searching for. I am sure I am not alone. They need to lighten up all of the dark places, and stop you from losing your hints, when you have to search for hours, to find a single object. Big Fish better give me back my game credit, or I am moving on. It is a crime, to charge people for games, they can't enjoy or play. This may be the last straw for me.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 4, 09 9:35 PM
I cannot complain about Big Fish I explained the problem I had with the dark and they have refunded me a coupon to use. THANK YOU

Just wish I could have played the game

lineck

Edited on 03/04/2009 at 9:35:37 PM PST

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Mar 8, 09 7:19 PM
This is so frustrating to click on something and use up all your hints to find something that doesn't appear to be there. I am starting to hate this game!

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 9, 09 9:00 AM
I tried Parker some time ago and didn't click with that either. Finished this game in a little over 8 hrs and will start again. Yes it is frustrating and many times i used all my hints in one room and had to finish the rest of the city on the click marathon and "generous help" from this and another forum. Many times being a real pest but knowing I was desperate. In the end it was worth it and as I said am starting it over again.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 9, 09 9:06 AM
BTW, Tammy, thanks for that tip. Never thought of that

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Mar 9, 09 9:06 AM
Did you try to brighten up your screen. Or to unlit some light in your room to make the screen appear lighter?

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Mar 9, 09 4:02 PM
Finished it! I would have finished it days ago and not have to restart it if the last key hadn't been placed on top of the flashlight with no way to remove it. This wasn't a very well put together game!

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Mar 9, 09 9:24 PM
Wow, I am glad I am not the only one who is having clicking problems. I never know if it is because I have a mac or not. Sometimes things play a little different on them. But I see windows people are having the same problem. I am only on Chapter 4 and torn. I really like the game but some things are ridiculous. I laughed at the earlier comment about the insulated flask. I too was looking for a weird flask until it dawned on me THERMOS. I will try move on and hope I can finish. I really wished I had started in relaxed mode only for the reason that sometimes it takes 2 to 4 clicks on the right object for it to work.

Back to the drawing board.

Miss Clairol

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Mar 9, 09 9:25 PM
Downloading Inspector Parker as we speak......can't wait!

Go to: