Re:Post any Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting technical issues here only

[Post New]by WickedWendy on Jun 9, 13 5:27 PM
I am almost finished the game and in the room with a painting above the fireplace.
The hint keeps telling me to use the paint box on the painting to open it but not matter how or where on the painting I click with the paint box it will not open. I have completely left the game and restarted with no results. I am now going to reinstall it and start all over. Hope this works.

[Post New]by sfinx64 on Jun 10, 13 11:22 AM
I have the same problems as WickedWendy, who can help us?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 11, 13 2:49 AM
Heya Fishies,

sfinx64 - It might be that you are getting stuck at this point due to some of the game files not working properly. We found that often uninstalling and reinstalling the game already helps to solve problems like this as it will get all game files back in place.

WickedWendy - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope that you can get past the point without problems!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by suse1985 on Jun 14, 13 7:01 AM
I have to use the glue on the canvas in main hall. But it isn`t possible to take the glue out of the inventory. There`s only a little coloured box near the glue -is that a bug?
Suse

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 15, 13 4:15 AM
Hi suse1985,

Sorry about this.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading that scenes fully. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by WickedWendy on Jun 17, 13 2:06 AM
I had the problem with being unable use the paint box to move to the picture above the fireplace.

After I re-installed the game twice it worked and I finished the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 4:57 AM
Awesome to hear WickedWendy and thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot, this is much appreciated.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Pokeyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Pokeyk on Jun 18, 13 5:37 AM
close to the end of the game, it gets stuck. The game keeps asking us to use the paint box on a completed picture. Can't move forward at all. Need to fix this glitch.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 13 5:00 AM
Hi Pokeyk,

To help resolve this, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try, as this will reset the game files for you and smooth out any kinks.

Also, checking that you have the most up to date drivers etc. will help to ensure your game runs smoothly, progressing as it should. You can find some info on updating the elements that run your game here.

If you would like us to take a look at this for you however, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. There is a Contact Us link to the right of the Help pages and one of our Reps will be happy to help.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Jun 26, 13 2:51 PM
I don't see this problem listed anywhere, so maybe it's because I'm on an older computer. I'm having SEVERE mouse lag during the mini-games, and anytime the Hint button is recharging.

I've only played the Demo. I skipped both mini-games that I got to because of this problem. Even waiting until the Skip button finished filling did not make my mouse move any faster.

On the other hand, I didn't have any problems with the sound, like some people have reported.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 26, 13 3:37 PM
Hi peach23,

Have you by chance tried disabling the custom cursor in the game? That can sometimes help with issues like that. You might also try the steps on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working either, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help out.

Hopefully that works in getting your cursor moving a bit better!

bfgSeine

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Mar 24, 14 2:44 PM
did contact tech support some time ago about the game had stopped playing on the computer I just bought at the time. you might tell them that it plays fine on my laptop which I purchased before the computer and it has windows 7, the computer I had bought it on was windows vista, the computer causing the problems was windows 7. please ask them to contact me again.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 6, 14 6:42 AM
Purchased the game as a DD on 6/4/2014. The hint button stopped working about 1/3 of the way through and the cursor was hard to control.

Go to: