stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Re:Post any Namariel Legends: Iron Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jun 6, 13 10:22 AM
I just finished this game a few minutes ago.
Someone else above me finished as well.

So whatever glitch there is must be solely in the CE edition purchased from the developers' site.

No one with the SE game bought from BF has mentioned a glitch that prevents them from finishing the game.

With that said, the people who bought the CE version from another site might be deterring people from buying this game on this site. These are two different versions.

Grammy, if the last 3 games you downloaded were unplayable or caused problems, you might want to get your computer checked out.
Make sure your computer meets all the recommended requirements like Ram, Direct X ,and so forth.
This game is huge. I think it should have been listed as a large file game. I bought it after demoing and I think it downloaded another 1.4 gb. Something crazy like that.

Not saying that is the cause but you might want to take a peek at those.

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 10:38:31 AM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 6, 13 11:45 AM
I don't know where the glitches are but I finally finished the game. Had problems connecting pipe to vat until I added the bucket and then was able to do it. I really liked the game though.

[Post New]by Okiebulldog on Jun 6, 13 3:31 PM
I have played to the end with no glitches. Enjoyed this game very much!

sammiJ
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sammiJ on Jun 9, 13 1:25 AM
Ok, people said no glitches in the BF version so I bought it here, but my screen froze up and had to Ctrl/alt/del to get out. Restarted game and am now having to start again from the beginning. Grrrr, off to send a Felix report I guess, but its really frustrating, especially with no fix so far.

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Jun 10, 13 12:22 PM
I too played BF version with no glitches. I really don't think it is appropriate or helpful to trash a game on the BF site when you played a different version of the game on a different site (I am not talking about sammiJ when I say this as s/he got the game on this site and is having a different problem than the ones who got the CE from the developer).

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 11, 13 2:45 AM
Heya Fishies,

It's great to see that so many of you could finish the game without getting any glitch! I hope you had lots of fun!

sammiJ - It sounds like your computer might be having a few general issues with the game as you usually experience these errors when the computer has problems to process everything as nit should. It's great that you already contacted our Tech Support team with a Dr. Felix report, they'll get back to you as soon as they can for sure!

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by robert1111 on Jun 12, 13 3:32 PM
The game with the rat. It won't let me skip the game I hit the skip and it keeps bring it back up

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 14, 13 9:15 AM
I don't think this is a Tech Problem. Someone posted that you can skip the game if there are No Direction Arrows on the board.

HTH

[Post New]by dippityD on Jun 15, 13 5:27 AM
Is there anyway to go back if you missed something?? I didn't get the 3 chips from the broken window with the magnet to punch a ticket. Now I can't advance and the game won't let me go back to collect them. Do I have to start all over with an uninstall???

[Post New]by lindamalloy on Jun 15, 13 12:11 PM
I am extremely frustrated with this game. I haven't gone very far in the game and can't advance. I need the robot to fly over and hit a dandelion but my curser never changes when I point to it. I have done everything I can think of, uninstalling, starting over, made sure all driver updates are installed on my pc, shut down, restarted .... Once I get back to this point in the game I can go no farther.

Blue Screen

[Post New]by pcangelnc on Jun 15, 13 5:46 PM
Just wanted to let you know that while playing the demo I got dumped out with a blue screen on 2 occasions. I was only in the first room and was still working on getting his arm oiled. I am using Windows Vista 64-bit. I will be deleting the game.

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 5:47:03 PM PST

curlly62
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by curlly62 on Jun 16, 13 7:55 AM
I really like this game, but unfortunately while playing the trial game, it keeps locking up on me and then get a blank screen. And if I try to go back and play again, it starts all over and then does the same thing. I am hoping BFG gets an update to this game so maybe I can purchase. I was having a blast playing this game.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

My posts don't appear

[Post New]by catsrobe on Jun 16, 13 6:49 PM
I posted two questions, one yesterday and one today and neither one of them showed up in the forum discussions. Why?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 4:54 AM
Hi Fishies,

dippityD - sometimes you can track back to collect an overlooked item, it really depends on the game but if you are unable to do so, creating a new player profile will help resolve things, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

For those of you seeing a blue or black screen while playing the game, or attempting to do so, would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display and run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help or you know that you are up to date already, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Finally, catsrobe, I am not too sure what went wrong here, this has happened to me before though so hopefully it was just a glitch! And we will have new Forums very soon, which should put this problem will be a thing of the past!

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/18/2013 at 4:55:08 AM PST

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

too sensitive and too glitchy

[Post New]by catsrobe on Jun 18, 13 8:01 AM
This game is BAD. Some of the games have SEVERE glitches. For example, the ship puzzle. Even though I know I've lined up all the circles It still isn't right. When I try to adjust the rings I don't get a cursor, only a mag. glass. There are lots of incidents where the cursor just stops working and the mag. glass appears. Some of games are extremely difficult to maneuver the objects in the game. For example, any game that requires grabbing an object and sliding it to a new location is nearly impossible and frustrating. When my hand grabs the object I have to press the mouse button very hard in order to hang onto the object. Then I have to work very hard to move the object along. For example, the worm game. The whole game is exhausting! The games are too sensitive. If an object is a teeny tiny bit off the game doesn't "click" the object into the correct place. I've never played a game that's been so overly sensitive. Again, very frustrating and exhausting. It's too bad because otherwise the game is one of the most addictive games I've played. No HOS for a change which is nice for a change. I hope the dev can fix these problems. For now I just don't have the patience to continue.

Can you give me a coupon for another game?

ation. Very squirrely and frustrating. That issue happens with quite a few games.

[Post New]by zirconmermaid on Jun 20, 13 9:26 PM
I really like this game, but I keep having it freeze. I guess I will need to get more help. If it is really a big file, that could be the problem. I didn't know about that. I tried to find the info on my computer. This did help, though. Thank you for keeping the forum up while you transfer.

[Post New]by athirteen on Jun 24, 13 9:29 PM
This game won't play on my HDTV, which I use as my monitor for my Dell laptop. I get an error msg on the screen "not supported mode". I tried changing setting for wide screen. All my other games do run on this monitor. Any suggestions?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 13 4:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

zirconmermaid - Because a freeze like you described indicates that the game is not running as smoothly as it should, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If a slightly newer driver has been released, that could make all the difference.

athirteen - have you checked the screen resolution and updated your drivers already? (if you can adjust on your TV of course)

I definitely suggest giving this a try as both steps will help to address any incompatibility issues.

Finally, catsrobe the Team can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

To reach Tech Support, please click on the green to the right of the page. There is a Contact Us link to the right of the Help pages and one of our Reps will be happy to take provide help for your particular situation.

I really hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/25/2013 at 4:58:13 AM PST

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Jun 26, 13 2:02 AM
I downloaded the demo and enjoyed it so much, that (with 17 minutes left) I bought the CE. I am now waiting for the fourth time, for the CE to finish downloading. It is s-l-o-w. I tried deleting and got a message about sample game still on GM twice, then followed the uninstall then uninstalled both game and game manager. At the time, my Recycle bin was empty, to my surprise, it showed a total of over 3,000 items deleted. I really hope this download takes. nehmah-who just wants to get to Chapter One!

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Jun 28, 13 7:03 AM
Funny, I was thinking how I have not had any game problems for quite some time. This game however changed that. I downloaded the demo, hit play, and got a black screen with a video not supported line. Could not even back out of this screen and had to shut the computer down. I already upgraded the video card, etc. but this game just does not work for me. And to boot, the Big Fish site has me signing in every time I exit and try to re-enter the site. What a pain.

Go to: