Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

Reviews for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 7, 13 5:51 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Namariel Legends: Iron Lord ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Namariel Legends: Iron Lord page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/ZsD1yj">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/248907.page#5305600>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

Reviews for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 7, 13 5:53 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Namariel Legends: Iron Lord ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Namariel Legends: Iron Lord page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/ZsD1yj">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/248907.page#5305600>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

Re:Reviews for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 7, 13 5:54 PM
Bring on more like this!

I have spent many enjoyable hours with this clever little game, kudo's to the developers, please make more

Eucritta
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by Eucritta on Jun 7, 13 9:09 PM
I've just completed the game. There were no glitches; it ran smoothly and all puzzles were solvable. Whatever may have afflicted an earlier version not on BF, it doesn't affect this one at all.

I'm very pleased with the game. It's a nice long straight adventure with a pretty good story, lots to explore and do, fun and fairly intuitive puzzles across a range of difficulties, decent voice-overs and an occasional clever, funny, unexpected element - all of which adds up to a very good SE. The steampunk x fantasyland theme was also a nice change after all the gothics.

One caution: some of the puzzles require some dexterity and steadiness with a mouse. I'm badly arthritic and managed them okay today, but I know that on a bad day I'd have trouble with some of the mazes.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 9, 13 1:43 AM
Really Fun Adventure
BASED ON DEMO

That is: NO HO SCENES & NO PUZZLING PUZZLES EITHER

I am not usually into these mechanical steam punk sort of games, but this one isn’t like any of that type that I’ve seen. It is as much FAIRY TALE as it is ROBOT INVASION.

There is a VERRRRY LONG intro that gives us the backstory, but it’s EXCITING and ATTRACTIVE and has wonderful MARCHING MUSIC to set the OMINOUS scene.

The kingdom of Namariel is invaded by robots led by the evil Iron Lord. We see the palace destroyed, the king humiliated, the queen fleeing. Heart rending stuff. Turns out, though, that this is all a show on your uncle’s mechanical music box. Or is it?

Your uncle is an INVENTOR and it is to him the king turns to for help. We are to go on a quest to seek out NOSTRAMUS, the seer who foretold the catastrophe. We never get to leave even, before the Iron Lord’s minions capture us and throw us into prison. Now we must ESCAPE and RESCUE our uncle, and make the JOURNEY to Nostramus.

We’ll have HELP along the way. We have a gadget which allows us to READ MINDS, a cute little ROBOT assistant to go where we can’t, and a strange SQUIRREL-LIKE critter who follows us around and is quite useful.

There is a lot of CUT-SCENES in this one, enough to really bug some people, but I found them fun. They are FLAWLESSLY DRAWN and the VOICEOVERS are EXCELLENT. Lips are out of sync, though.

All the ARTWORK is HIGH QUALITY and IMAGINATIVE.

The few PUZZLES so far have been VERY EASY, while the ADVENTURE ITSELF a bit more DIFFICULT for me. This was at least in part because I couldn’t COMPREHEND the mechanics.

But HINT is DIRECTIONAL, so I made do with that. NO MAP. I never even thought to look for SKIP. I don't think the game has one.

I like this game. I think it will appeal to those who usually like steam/mechanical games, but has a WIDER APPEAL, including those who enjoy a good FANTASY game with just a dash of *cute* as well.

I recommend this game!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 9, 13 7:00 AM
i too found this game "clunky" did not like the appows or the loading and the music was just plain annoying
it appears to me that the reviews here are 50/50 you will either like this game or not!

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jun 9, 13 4:27 PM
Now that I have finished the game I totally recommend it and I hope the these devs will make more games like this and Sandman. While I liked Sandman more for sure as it was just a really great game, this one is really fun and different and plays like an adventure which is always what I'm looking for. I thought the puzzles associated with the Robotics were great fun and the characters in the game very good. I also thought the cut scenes were just right for the game and added to the fun.

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Jun 10, 13 11:58 AM
Add me to the list of people who really love this game. I played through to the end with no problems. The mini-games were original and fun and not super-easy (except a few) or way too hard. I personally really liked the music. I don't usually re-play games but this one is going to be an exception.

A Good Game Marred By Many Flaws

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jun 12, 13 1:38 AM
This review is based on the entire game. This could have been a very good game, but it wasn't for me because of a few extremely annoying interface problems. It was great that there were no HOS because I hate those and the puzzles and storyline were also very good. You have Jim, your helper robot and Mindscope for reading people's minds, so the game was a bit different and that is good. I would have normally rated the game a 9 out of 10 based on the gameplay, but the interface was a nightmare for me. I suggest you try the demo to see if you have the same problems I did. If you don't, then I recommend the game. If you do have the same problems, then stay away from this game.

These are the problems I had with the game. The Custom Cursor was an absolute nightmare for me. It was very sluggish and when you picked things up they dragged behind your pointer when you tried to move them. Just for the record, I almost always use the Custom Cursor in a game, but sometimes when it's slow, I use the hardware cursor. In those instances, many times the hardware cursor is just a smaller version of the custom one, but it changes shapes to a hand, arrow, magnifying glass, etc. Occasionally, the hardware cursor will just be the standard white cursor, but it changes shapes, and the hardware cursor is always lightning fast.

With that being said, when I switched to the hardware cursor, it was a plain white cursor that did NOT change shapes, so I didn't want to use it. So I was sort of "forced" to use the custom cursor. It might sound like a minor point, but it wasn't. Using the custom cursor made the game almost unplayable. And the farther I got into the game, the slower the cursor got. So it was a chore just to try to click on things or pick things up.

The other point is that every scene had a delay because it had to load and I found that very annoying. I also didn't like the directional arrows that appeared all over the screen. I prefer the cursor itself to turn into an arrow to show where I can move to next.

So, because of the horrible custom cursor and the snail's pace of this game I do not recommend this game and give it 2 thumbs down. I rate this game a 6 out of 10. If you don't have the interface problems I did, then I recommend the game and rate it a 9 out of 10.

Edited on 06/12/2013 at 1:45:11 AM PST

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Jun 12, 13 7:46 AM
sunnyglow wrote:Almost missed this one! Toiling away trying to make deadlines, I found this little gem by BF. Cannot wait to play this game when I get a little more time. Absolutely wonderful. I love the storyline, the graphics are great, there are voice overs. What else could you ask for an SE. Thanks BF for a nice game in the middle of the week. And, yeh! No HOG scenes. I will treasure this little chestnut even if the CE games this week are the same old, same old.

Me too, I almost missed this good " no HO scenes" Adventure game, since it was marked in the Adventure section - Hidden Object game. I'm so glad I read a review that told me it is a pure Adventure game with none of that junk piles in it, so I bought it immediately without even trying the Demo and I'm happy I did!!!
My biggest wish to BF is going to the Adventure Categories and finding exactly THAT and not as it is now - just Hidden Objects - they have their own category.

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Jun 12, 13 3:54 PM
More positive comments here: loved the artwork and found the gameplay challengingly different and absorbing. As usual, I enjoy the steampunk design. This was quite a long game for me too (on the slowish side, I am) at about 5-6 hours. Cheers,

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jun 16, 13 10:54 AM
This was an excellent game, that makes you use your "grey cells".

The Hint System is pretty much worthless.

There is a lot to do in this game and to remember. There are mini games to be played, but so many that you're always tripping over them.

A walkthrough would have been nice, but the 3 times that I got stuck, I was able to find the information in the Forum.

Thank you to all of the other Fishes out there, that were kind enough to place helpful hints along the way.

richmondl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by richmondl on Jun 16, 13 12:31 PM
I just loved this game. I thought it was clever and enjoyed trying to figure out what to do next, not just HO scenes. It has great graphics and a good story. I did not mind the "loading" as it was only a second or two. Nice change of pace, hope that they create more games. Thanks!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jun 16, 13 2:28 PM
I love this game! The puzzles are delightful, the game play is smooth (except for the "loading" time between scenes, not a real issue) and the characters are original. It's somewhat like the Tiny Bang Story, but a lot easier.
Imaginative, sweet, fun, full of steam punk contraptions, and lovely graphics.
Perfect!

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Jun 18, 13 12:59 PM
I adore this game. I love having to figure out what to do next. I agree with all of the positive comments already posted. Please make more! Congrats to the devs.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 24, 13 2:00 PM

No HOGs, it's all "adventure" and puzzle solving. What a treat!

Highly recommended!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jun 24, 13 2:06 PM

Brilliant game, what a gem. No problems with the graphics and no glitches, so happy I bought this.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 23, 13 10:50 AM
this is a good game and it make you use your thinking cap . it is a hard game to finish. so if your new to HOS, you may not like this one. we give it a 3 out of 5 . we enjoy having the robot friend helping along the way.----------doug & lisa.....................

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 30, 13 12:57 PM
Boy, I just can't take anymore of this dredfully long, mindless game! NO MAP and boy does it need one. The hint takes you only so far and then it needs to recharge so that isn't even a good option. Tedious mini game after mini game and some of them don't even have clear instructions or if they do, they don't always work well. Arrrrgh. No HOS for you HOS lovers in this game.

Voice overs are well done, but there are a lot of them as well as cumbersome slow cut scenes which you can skip. I haven't been able to finish this yet because it is just too mundane and slow...like, is ANYTHING ever going to happen? I suppose I'll leave it for awhile and then try and get back into it.

Graphics are about the only thing good here and they are clear, although can be dark sometimes. Good luck...mini game lovers will probably think this is great.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Aug 26, 13 10:58 AM
Since so many others have already discussed the mechanics of the game, and game play aspects, I can only direct my comments to the developers, though I am late in coming to this game.

I find this game to be a true gem of a game! Clever, innovative, with amusing and laugh out loud moments! The artwork and story line totally held my interest and I had a great time with this game. It was very long - to have a standard edition game at nearly 1.4GB in size was most impressive!

I LOVE steampunk games and have played all of them here at BFG, and this one may just be the best one yet! It's one game that I won't delete from my game manager because I definitely plan on playing this game again soon!

Thank you, Developers and BFG, for a totally entertaining game!

Go to: