Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery

[Post New]by Cookyville on Sep 12, 13 7:29 PM
saphhire wrote:If this is what BF is going to do from now on...........................................I will quit...............we pay BF to have the privilege to buy games...............now we are expected to pay to continue a game....................no thanks.....................

I SUSPECT THIS MIGHT BE A GROWING TREND

i WANT NO PART OF IT

ISN T THERE A NEW GAME ABOUT GIGGLES OR SOMETHING SIMILAR

WHERE YOU BUY AS YOU PLAY

AS IT IS- I THINK THE STRATEGY GUIDES ARE A SEMI RIP-OFF

EXCUSE CAPS- BUTTON STUCK

C

[Post New]by jackielinda on Sep 13, 13 5:49 AM
Hi please could you tell me if the fairground which is hidden in the trees once purchased does this earn you money.

Thanks. Jackie

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 13, 13 7:12 AM
It doesn't earn money, but it gives you a bonus scene to play - Carnival of Fear.

[Post New]by JoliesBayou on Sep 15, 13 12:26 PM
I have really been enjoying this game except for the following:
To really enjoy the game one must buy gold etc: (The game said "FREE
(Yes you can play without paying money, but it is set up to go really slow to do anything!!! if you don't put out real $$$$$
The one thing that I find VERY sad is that each time you do get enough money to clear out a "lot" the price of all the others goes WAAAYYY up! So not fair!!
This game would be sooooooooo much fun if whoever set it up released some of the money/gold restraints and let people just enjoy the game.

Making friends wish we could chat about the game more
My good friends Gigi and Arnold!!!! Thanks for the gifts!!! Super sweet.
Jolies Bayou Nest

[Post New]by Jaadin on Sep 17, 13 12:19 PM
I am having trouble increasing my score on the blitz games. No matter how fast I go I can barely reach 1,000,000. Any suggestions. I am new at playing this game

[Post New]by Jaadin on Sep 17, 13 12:38 PM
What is the secret to getting very big scores in the blitz games? No matter how fast I am I barely reach 1,000,000. Help please!

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Sep 17, 13 8:23 PM
Jaadin - the bonus groupings can get really high scores in blitz mode - see the sticky thread. For example, on screen 3.1, foggy bottoms, if you select items below the sleeping man's head, you can get up to a run of 17, adding 2.4 million to your base score.

Happy gaming!

PS - there are also lots of tips in the dark manor 101 thread

Edited on 09/17/2013 at 8:24:27 PM PST

[Post New]by Jaadin on Sep 18, 13 12:27 PM
Thank you for the info. Where do I find the blitz mode sticky thread?

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Sep 18, 13 12:55 PM
It's called "Special... Bonus Groupings"

[Post New]by jackielinda on Sep 20, 13 4:40 AM
Hi please can anybody tell me where the golden spike is in the train scene when your visiting neighbours.

Thanks jackie

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Sep 20, 13 12:45 PM
jackielinda wrote:Hi please can anybody tell me where the golden spike is in the train scene when your visiting neighbours.

Thanks jackie

Hi Jackie,
The golden spike is on top of the train in roughly the upper left quadrant of the screen, hidden behind a big post in the center/left foreground. After entering the scene, you have to scroll either to the right or the left until it becomes visible. Once you know where it is, the next time you can just click on the area without actually seeing the spike.

[Post New]by ShadowWolf3 on Sep 20, 13 4:24 PM
I really enjoy this game. I have sent a couple emails about things I believe would make the game more interesting. I have made several real money purchases for gold and it's an OK situation as long as you don't sink lots of money into the game. I have found if you wait for sales you can double your gold for as low as $19.99. That's the most I would ever pay for any game item. I think asking more than that is a little much, I would never buy the gold for $99.00, that is exceeding anyone's pocket book for a game item. They should add more functions for you to earn gold, points, XP and JuJu, that would make the game more fun to play. Also if you could move items around your mansion once purchased to make more room for new items. They should also add a function to tell who you have visited during game play so you don't visit more than once a day since you receive no reward after the first time. They also need to add a way to tell who you give gifts to, I have so many people I have added it's hard to be fair and send gifts to different players. I don't like send ing the same players gifts everyday and I also don't like sending gifts to players that don't reciprocate the gift at some point. Happy playing, I truly do enjoy the game and can't wait for future additions.

[Post New]by Grannyfish68 on Sep 25, 13 10:49 AM
Hey I have a question. Is the Tesla Coil only supposed to work like crazy for the first few days you have it and then just take up space? Mine hasn't added any money or anything for the past 3 days.

Now on another note. I agree with all of you about the prices for the land. It is outrageous. I really think I could handle everything else if they would just drop the price on the land expansions and the time we have to wait to summon it in. Otherwise I LOVE , LOVE , LOVE this game. I am so addicted to it that it is insane .

Send a Land Expansion Sale my way!!!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 26, 13 10:32 PM
If the Tesla coil has stopped working you can try 2 things. Use the tool icon and then click/tap on the coil. Either put it in your inventory and then put it right back onto your grounds, OR just change the direction and then back again. That should reactivate it. If you put it in your inventory you will see JuJu go down, but it will add back in within a minute or so.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 29, 13 9:51 AM

Re eviews for Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery - iOS

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 29, 13 6:22 AM
Roxnsilver wrote:
The graphics are stunning and game play was great for a few days, then it seems that expanding land becomes exponentially more expensive and game rewards are not compensated the same. I did not receive the 50 gold coins that others have claimed today, silver and experience seem to disappear or not rewarded, and the only way to get enough silver to build on my property to proceed with HO puzzles was to invite my FB friends to join. I have read that this is in Beta stages yet but this seems to be another free game that is going to break my wallet to play. I hope this is not going to be the direction that Big Fish is going with its HO games, I have been a loyal fan but playing "Found" has taught me not to get hooked on this game type, I prefer to know what it is going to cost me upfront to play with some sort of regularity and have fun.

For you and others who hope that Big Fish is NOT going to be going this "Free-To-Play" (FTP) way with its HO games from now on, my suggestion is this: Don't download them at all... or if you do download and play them, don't spent a penny of real money on them! The more real money they get from you on these FTP games, the more BFG is encouraged to release additional games of that kind. If no money comes in from the FTP's, we'd quickly see them disappear.

Just a thought....

Classicaljazz

bud22_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bud22_ on Oct 2, 13 6:22 AM
I am wondering how I can find out what level I am on. I notice that other players know this but I don't know how to get this info. Please help!

Dee632
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by Dee632 on Oct 2, 13 6:39 AM
It tells you right under your manor name, on the xp bar to the very right.

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Oct 2, 13 6:45 PM
Hi Jackie - Once you fill up enough vials in that scene, the train station will be put in your inventory. Hope that helps.

kray1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kray1 on Oct 4, 13 6:18 PM
Enjoying the game but would like to know when or if more property will become available for sale, I've run out of room.
Also, why do I get mostly 10% prizes after completion of a hidden object scene. I am never able to get a really high score because the payoff is so low. Thanks

kray1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kray1 on Oct 5, 13 10:24 AM
I have run out of room and no available land has opened up to be purchased. Is this the end of the game. Looks like lots of lots left but can't access them. Also, need a way to keep track of who has sent me gifts and vice versa. But FIRST I need more space, and I have tried to see if there is anything and there isn't.

Go to: