Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by leigoss on Jun 29, 13 2:36 PM
No coins for Potion Mixology Attraction on iPad mini.

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jun 29, 13 5:17 PM
Loving the game, strange thing happened as I was playing, everything went to 0. Cash, JuJu, experience, everything. As with all other issues, getting out of game and going back into it resolved the problem.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 9:32 AM
iPad 2 - Chapter 2 - keep getting kicked out of things and back to Mansion

playing chapter 2 HOGs:
- spent 45 energy playing some H0S in Ch2
- got charged 2x for one of them (kicked out back to mansion)
- was down to 1 energy point when it came to spin for a prize, waited for it to go up to 2.
- spun it, got kicked out back to mansion.
- Energy now down to 2, Ch 2 H0Gs progress unchanged, no prizes from tasks/games etc etc

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 10:58 AM
Synchronising issues??

Decided this belongs here, as it has just happened again - I think it's a problem with the Dark Manor server, not a problem with my internet connection ...

Frogmort wrote:I left my mansion/garden and came back, and all it's contents are gone. Although the patch I cleared is still clear, and the new patch I set up is still clearing.

Have also been getting messages that there is an internet problem and that it can't synchronise.

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection -- is your site overloaded?

I would so much like to be able to play mostly off-line and just synchronise occasionally

This will really limit my playing. I could play in the mornings in the UK when the US is asleep. Like I have nothing else to do in the mornings other than play games.

Edited on 06/30/2013 at 11:03:45 AM PST

Chaosmandi
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

How many times do I have to complete the Gypsy split screen puzzle?

[Post New]by Chaosmandi on Jun 30, 13 11:00 AM
I've completed the Gypsy split screen puzzle (Chapter 2, Gypsy in a Picture) about five times, but it still shows up on my mansion screen as a new quest. I've shut my iPad 2 off completely already - I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled Dark Manor because that would nuke all my progress - so I think I've exhausted the simple checklist of troubleshooting steps that I can do without having to start over from scratch. How do I get the quests to acknowledge that I've finished it already and move on?

Also, it may not be related but periodically all my stats - money, juju, energy, XP - will drop down to 0 for no reason, only to come back about 10 minutes later. Of course, the game won't let me do anything while I wait for it to overcome its apparent dementia because it also tells me I have 0 of everything.

Username: DarkManor-88832
Device: iPad 2
Operating system: iOS 6.1.3

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 11:05 AM
Now I can't get in at all - stuck 3 times on or before the "Enter" screen .

This is very disappointing.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 30, 13 11:17 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems with items disappearing or your progress not being saved, there may be a few things causing that to occur, so I recommend getting in touch with our Mobile Support Team so they can look into that for you.

Frogmort, it sounds like you're also not able to access the game at all, so it may help to uninstall and reinstall the game itself. Information on doing that can be found on our help article here:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

We'll do our best to look into these issues for you, and hopefully we'll have you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

Chaosmandi
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Chaosmandi on Jun 30, 13 11:25 AM
Yeah, I tried that, but the contact form does not specify whether or not you're supposed to give your Big Fish Games account details or your App Store account details. I guessed the former, although it's not connected to my account since I bought it through the App Store...

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Jun 30, 13 11:55 AM
I am having a problem with all of my attractions disappearing. I still have credit in the accomplishments, but everything is blank, no walkers or anything. Sometimes areas I have cleared come back with trees, and then clear again. Also the professor keeps telling me to cgi ate the Tesla Coil. It is flashing away. Any way to clear him? Thanks for your help.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 12:32 PM
kingratso wrote:I am having a problem with all of my attractions disappearing. I still have credit in the accomplishments, but everything is blank, no walkers or anything. Sometimes areas I have cleared come back with trees, and then clear again. Also the professor keeps telling me to cgi ate the Tesla Coil. It is flashing away. Any way to clear him? Thanks for your help.
I keep getting the attractions disappearing, etc, usually after a H0S, and also the same problem with the cleared areas.

It does seem to come back after logging out and back in again, sometimes more than once , but usually with the loss of Energy points used to play the H0S and also with gifts won playing disappearing permanently. I have written to CS.

You should contact them too if you can spare the time -- just click on the over on the right.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 12:42 PM
Chaosmandi wrote:<snip>Also, it may not be related but periodically all my stats - money, juju, energy, XP - will drop down to 0 for no reason, only to come back about 10 minutes later.<snip>

I had this happen when I picked up my energy from the Tesla machine a few minutes ago - all stats went to zero.

They came back when I clicked on the Tesla machine to set it back to charge.

Not an intentional effect, I think.

ETA

Actually it happened again just now as I was collecting my ectoplasm from my walkers .... and back in a few seconds...

Edited on 06/30/2013 at 12:47:31 PM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 12:45 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems with items disappearing or your progress not being saved, there may be a few things causing that to occur, so I recommend getting in touch with our Mobile Support Team so they can look into that for you.
<snip>

Thank-you bfgSeine, I have contacted CS.

[Post New]by sierrajean on Jun 30, 13 1:36 PM
Frogmort wrote:iPad 2 - Chapter 2 - keep getting kicked out of things and back to Mansion

playing chapter 2 HOGs:
- spent 45 energy playing some H0S in Ch2
- got charged 2x for one of them (kicked out back to mansion)
- was down to 1 energy point when it came to spin for a prize, waited for it to go up to 2.
- spun it, got kicked out back to mansion.
- Energy now down to 2, Ch 2 H0Gs progress unchanged, no prizes from tasks/games etc etc

I am having the same problem. Sounds like its a problem with the server.

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 30, 13 6:17 PM
There's only ONE explanation, and that's BIg Fish's server can't handle all trafic!
Please don't advice people to re-install, THAT certainly doesn't help!
Our games behave spooky since the worldwide release. Before that, it was far from ideal too, but it was playable. NOW, the game is unplayable.

There's only ONE advice, take and enjoy a real-life break

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 30, 13 6:41 PM
"New" iPad 3, circa late 2012 -- I had similar issues to the ones Frogmort categorized.

I also agree that I would like to play this game primarily as a one person experience. I am sure I would feel accomplished without besting strangers' scores. It would be enough to sync occasionally and compare mansion decor with friends, but not necessary to enjoy it.

Aside from that, there is no fun losing accrued gold, coins etc. for no reason.

I will say that I first tried this game at the moment it was offered. There were none of the issues described so eloquently by Frogmort. I didn't quite understand all the nuances of the game, but game play seemed to be going forward. I did the mansion once, the street, built 2 things on the mansion grounds and got to the bonus area. I deleted the game.

Today I was encouraged to try it again, but of course there was no game history. All I can say, since I did remember what I played originally, the game play was a totally different experience -- pretty much a total zero like my disappearing points.

Sorry, I guess I included commentary with my tech issues. Bottom line -- I didn't want the social experience the game forced upon me, but nevertheless the game is broken.

edited for spelling

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 7:26:07 AM PST

CanadaLes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CanadaLes on Jun 30, 13 6:54 PM
I recently waited several days for my cave enigma to be ready to summon. I summoned it, and 2other smaller enigmas, and got my 3500+ points, which took me to 150 000 JuJu points. Game reset itself (gave me my max life points), and took all of the points for the 3 items I had summoned, including the cave. I am now at 142 000 points. I paid over 45 000 pieces of silver for the cave, and I never got the JuJu!
I am on an iPad 2.

Addreamy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Addreamy on Jun 30, 13 11:05 PM
First, i wanted to say that i downloaded just 2 days ago at the worldwide release, and i'm LOVING the game.

like a poster above, I'm having a technical issue with the gypsy split-screen. i'm on an iPad 4 and over the course of today have played that challenge so many times that i've filled up 2 "bottles" - and yet it keeps bouncing me back to do the challenge all over again. it doesn't recognize that I've completed it. I've tried everything short of wiping and re-loading the game (i don't want to lose my progress if i can help it!) but nothing has worked.

I'll contact the mobile support team, but i wanted to let you know it wasn't just an iPad 2 issue.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 1, 13 1:39 AM
Bearkatjax wrote:Hello, really love the game.... But... When I level up and it says my energy will be recharged 100% the energy doesn't refill. It just stays at whatever it was before I levelled up.

Thanks!

That happens to me too - Energy 8 before level up, Energy 100 shown in level up screen, Energy still 8 after level up.

Not a server issue I think, since I got the other stuff that came with levelling up, just not the Energy.

iPad2 running iOS 6.1.3.

ETA Typed this post right after I observed level up problem happening to me, back to Mansion, Energy now 51 ???

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 1:43:57 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 1, 13 2:02 AM
Heya guys,

Some of these things sure sound frustrating, I'm sorry to see you are having these issues.

As bfgSeine mentioned, if you are having problems with your items disappearing or your stats resetting constantly, please get in touch with our Mobile Support Team so we can look further into these issues to ensure that you can enjoy the game.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 1, 13 4:12 AM
Chaosmandi wrote:I've completed the Gypsy split screen puzzle (Chapter 2, Gypsy in a Picture) about five times, but it still shows up on my mansion screen as a new quest. <snip>

I am permanently stuck at 2 of 3 vials for Seeing Double Gypsy task, and have certainly attempted to get 3rd vial at least 3 times.

It is possible that it takes a particular (cumulative) score to fill a vial - i.e. that 1 completed round does not equal 1 vial - but, if that is so, there is no way to see one's vial progress in this puzzle (unlike the chapter H0Ss).

iPad2 with 6.1.3

Go to: