difred01
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by difred01 on Jun 10, 13 2:08 AM
In the mine and playing HO scene where you have to put all items into a first aid kit. Clicked on a spray bottle and it disappeared. Put all other items in, but cannot complete scene because bottle is gone! I take if from other comments that this seems to be a common occurrence with this game for Mac users (which I am). I guess I will uninstall and reinstall, and if that does not work, will ask for a refund until ALL glitches are fixed. Good luck all.

Re:Post any Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by honey_bee_sting on Jun 10, 13 2:36 AM
I am stuck at putting the jewels in the box. I have played through almost my whole trial period trying to get all the jewels in. They are waaayy up in the corner of my screen and for some reason I can minimize the window to see if I can reach them better. This really sucks because this game has wonderful graphics and I would love to purchase it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 10, 13 2:38 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to see that so many of you are still experiencing problems, I'll try and help you as good as possible!

jennsmom and bestmommat- That sure isn't the best way to find the way forward! Thanks for letting us know about this and I'll definitely forward this! In the meantime you could try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if this clears up the problem if you experience it more often .

puzzlr - Unfortunately that's true in this case. If you don't want to loose your progress I would definitely recommend that you get in touch with our Support Team and they'll be happy to try and find a different solution for you .

Annie1115 - It can sometimes happen that your browser itself is blocking you from making a purchase due to some files it gathered that are blocking you now. You can try and get this solved by clearing the cache and cookies for your browser.

Especially for our Mac Fishies that seem to experience a lot of items disappearing, it could help to make sure that all game files are working properly by not only starting a new profile but also by uninstalling and reinstalling your game as this will refresh the files and your items just might reappear!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jun 10, 13 3:46 AM
wheals1 wrote:I'm short one red wire for the boat engine. Where is it?

vertical wire, that is.

I have the same problem though in my case it's a horizontal wire that has gone missing. I didn't want to have to start the whole thing again from scratch so the only way I was able to progress was by skipping that game which was a shame.

Unlike others who have reported things going missing I am playing on a Windows 7 PC so this issue is not just a Mac problem.

szeb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by szeb on Jun 10, 13 4:17 AM
I'm a PC Win 7 user and have had a problem with items disappearing in HOS, then reappearing. This especially occurs after the interactive items. Nothing has disappeared for good, but I haven't gotten far into the game. I'm playing in high performance and my PC more than meets the minimum requirements. I just came on here to see if others have had similar problems and they have. So far it hasn't decreased my enjoyment of the game, but just letting the BFG know that there does appear to be a glitch.

[Post New]by kingskreations on Jun 10, 13 3:03 PM
bestmommat wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I am at the mine and just put the machine parts on. Apparently there is a puzzle here, but all I get is a black screen with a hand cursor that goes crazy, but doesn't do anything. I tried waiting and skipping the puzzle, but that did not help at all.

Edit: I clicked all over the place. Found a shiny spot in the middle. Clicked on that and it said the machine was fixed. That is NOT a good way to have to play a game. I hope that it the one and only glitch in this game which up to now, I have found thoroughly enjoyable.

I too have reached this point and get the funky hand cursor which fills the screen with hands when I move my mouse but definitely seems like a glitch to me!

I have the same problem. Great game until this.

[Post New]by thebrattie1 on Jun 10, 13 8:49 PM

vertical wire, that is.

I too am having the same problem. I even counted the wires. I have 39 and there is supposed to be 40 total. I'm missing 1 vertical wire.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 11, 13 2:16 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to see that more of you are experiencing disappearing items.

Just like for our Mac Fishies it could help for our PC folks to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game as it could be that the items disappear due to some game files not working properly. Keep in mind that uninstalling and reinstalling shouldn't make you lose your progress as it is saved in a different folder.

kingskreations - As mentioned before, uninstalling and reinstalling the game could definitely be one step to take here as well to see if the scene is being displayed properly. If this doesn't help you could also check if maybe some of your drivers are in need of an update with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Jun 11, 13 8:36 AM
I too am at the mine and getting the weird hand! I agree with other posters that it must be a glitch! Nothing wrong with my computer!! Please get a fix soon!

[Post New]by gamejunkie2 on Jun 11, 13 3:08 PM
I can't get past the boat engine....I have purchased the game, have uninstalled and reinstalled, but there is a wire missing from the engine puzzle. I have checked it against the forums and the strategy guide and it is just not there so I can not finish the puzzle or go any further. Please advise and help me fix this bug. Thank you.

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Jun 11, 13 6:33 PM
I'm also missing a wire for the boat engine...I can see it (all but hidden) in the upper left hand corner of the screen, but it won't let me pick it up. Also, the game keeps giving me an error and shutting down at random times.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 12, 13 3:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered such as uninstalling and reinstalling the game and updating your drivers but you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by hpfaff on Jun 12, 13 3:35 PM

vertical wire, that is.

I am having the same problem but it is a right angle piece open on the top and the right side...I have counted all the pieces that I have of that kind and the strategy guide has one more than me...I have also gone through the puzzles (mine and the strategy guide's and I have done the exact same thing and am still missing that piece)...

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on Jun 12, 13 8:49 PM
I too am stuck at the mine, have put all the pieces in the machine and from what i see from the guide there should be a puzzle where you have to turn on lights or something but all i get is a black screen i can click everywhere lol but the page goes all funny, has anyone been able to fix or do i need to reinstall and start again?

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on Jun 12, 13 8:58 PM
Oh and you cant skip the puzzle either as i tried and it says theres nothing to do here?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 13, 13 7:04 AM
Heya shai_one and hpfaff,

As it looks like some elements of the game don't work as they should for you, it could be that some of the files for your game have been damaged and are blocking you now. In this case you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to give those file a refresh and see if we can get everything up and going again.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jun 13, 13 10:08 AM
here are 2 issues i have found so far in the puzzles,
the 1st was in the red, yellow, and blue image puzzle i completed the 1st puzzle and nothing happened...had to skip it.
the 2nd was with the red and blue puzzle where all had to end in 2...
things were going fine got all lights across when i started the down process the 2nd red spot became empty and the 3rd spot all the way to the left had 3 tiles in it!
could not get it straightened out; had to skip it as well. so do will these issues be fixed? idk if anyone else has had these problems.
tyvm happy gaming ^^

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 13, 13 1:10 PM
Hi Lazeedragon,

Thanks for letting us know about those issues. I'm not positive what's causing that to happen, but I'll be sure to pass that information on to our team here. In some cases like that, reinstalling the game can get those puzzles working as well, and you can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on Jun 13, 13 6:14 PM
Hiya so i uninstalled the game and replayed it with a new profile all was going fine till i reached the mine again and am still having the same issue as i posted above. What do i do now please?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 14, 13 7:09 AM
I am very sorry to hear that shai_one!

Unfortunately, the Forum is not very suited to specific troubleshooting, so I would encourage you contact Tech Support attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

There could be a few different reasons why you are running into this issue it is best if we can we can offer specific instructions to tackle this.

Thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/14/2013 at 7:10:42 AM PST

Go to: