Fishbait17
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:New Version of Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars Available Now

[Post New]by Fishbait17 on Mar 4, 09 3:23 PM
I re-installed to get rid of the archer issue on the wreck. Then I hit another glitch (don't remember level) where I had found all objects and stars, and it wouldn't finish the level, only allow me to "solve" (yes, I am SURE I was at 100% and all 3 stars). I did also hit the glitch in the primates cage where the "hint" showed the object offscreen. I was lucky to find the ticket stub in the deli (not sure what shop it was), just happened to click in the right place. Now I am once again stuck, in the study, where the "eraser hint" shows me an area with nothing there, the toy car and another object are offscreen behind the menu and object list, and the compass shows inside the corner of the desk but isn't there. Restart only takes the cash, does not give me new objects, and I am out of money, can't click anything, and cannot solve, restart or get any more hints.

This is the worst bag of bugs I have ever played. How can I get a refund?

Fishbait17
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Fishbait17 on Mar 4, 09 4:09 PM
I also just started a NEW game, and then got stuck in the donut shop. There are no items listed and I have all 3 stars. The total says "97%", but there is nothing left to find? Yet another bug?

Robin

[Post New]by PrinJess on Mar 4, 09 6:59 PM
The Produce Table's level bonus "Leap Frog" errors my game and then closes it. Of course I can ignore this but I got 100% items in all other levels and it's a shame to pass it up because it errors out.

A potential game to be had, but these bugs ruin it.

Edited on 03/04/2009 at 7:01:01 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 4, 09 10:47 PM
Fishbait17 wrote:I also just started a NEW game, and then got stuck in the donut shop. There are no items listed and I have all 3 stars. The total says "97%", but there is nothing left to find? Yet another bug?

Robin

Hi Fishbait17- welcome to the forums!

There is a Leapfrog Game on the table- look right center edge...

[Post New]by gaby5483 on Mar 5, 09 5:52 AM
i am closer to the end of the game, in Jack's study, and some of the items are showing up behind the object list .. and i was wondering if there was a fix for this yet. I bought this game, love it! just annoyed by the bugs.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 5, 09 5:59 AM
gaby5483 wrote:i am closer to the end of the game, in Jack's study, and some of the items are showing up behind the object list .. and i was wondering if there was a fix for this yet. I bought this game, love it! just annoyed by the bugs.

I had the same issue with the last item for that level, when you are trying to get 100%. I submitted a glitch report to tech support. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

[Post New]by glendajoanne on Mar 6, 09 4:37 PM
gaby5483 wrote:i am closer to the end of the game, in Jack's study, and some of the items are showing up behind the object list .. and i was wondering if there was a fix for this yet. I bought this game, love it! just annoyed by the bugs.

I had this problem too.. all I needed to find was the "film canister.." When I clicked the hint.. it was sparkling at the bottom right side of the screen.. but nothing was visible.. could have been behind the object list as you suggested..

[Post New]by morningdmd on Mar 7, 09 11:26 AM
Hey BFG who in the world does your spell check? Have you actually read some of the story, especially the opening few sections? GOOD HEAVENS my 4 year old spells better! Could this have to do with the problems we are all having?????????

[Post New]by BrideyFearn on Mar 7, 09 12:31 PM
I'm glad I read the forum and waited until the new build was available. It saved a great deal of frustration.

I have to say, though, that the graphics were inconsistent and the continuity was, well, crap. Otherwise, it was a pleasant way to waste Saturday morning.

I know every single game can't have the quality of the Mystery Case Files label, but it would be nice to see more an attempt.

[Post New]by fattestboy on Mar 19, 09 9:24 PM
I have tried 3 times to uninstall & reinstall the game but each time I get the same result. I cannot get the archer snapshot and complete the wrecked boat stage.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 25, 09 10:59 PM
fattestboy wrote:I have tried 3 times to uninstall & reinstall the game but each time I get the same result. I cannot get the archer snapshot and complete the wrecked boat stage.

Hi fattestboy- welcome to the forums!

Have you tried starting a new profile?

Anam_Craite
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Anam_Craite on Feb 5, 10 6:12 AM
I gave this demo a shot since it's today's daily deal and although I did find a minor bug within the first hour, it was workable. (One scene stated 100% completed yet 35/36 objects found - maybe I missed one of the mini game items and therefore not a bug?) I found this game enjoyable and would like to purchase so I am wondering if it's fairly safe to assume the issues called out originally have been addressed. Thoughts and/or recent experiences from others would be much appreciated!

[Post New]by allaboutme2690 on Feb 11, 10 11:03 AM
After downloading the "new" version.....I am still having problems. Also, at the end of the game when you lose....it says continue game.....and does nothing. Going to request a credit for this one. You would think that this being a older game it would work already.

Go to: