Re:Post any Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest tech issues here only

[Post New]by GarthV8der on Jul 19, 13 8:17 PM
I've upgraded my graphics and followed all suggestions in the help articles the game still won't work right every time I'm in a scene where i have to solve a puzzle or a cutxcene it starts dragging and i have no control over the cursor, this game sucs and I eant my money back

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Jul 20, 13 4:01 PM
I have tried downloading this game 3 times now, and each time I try to start the game I get a error message: Error: Access violation at 0x0763D540(tried to write to 0x0763D540) program terminated. and of course never get into the game at all. I tried another game it downloaded fine and played. I wanted to get it in the sale but if I can't access it there is no reason to buy it

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Jul 27, 13 4:00 PM
Cannot get into the base of the statue. I put the tree symbol on the base but after I push it it does not want to load up. It moves slowly but will not finish. I tried to uninstall and reload but it did not help. I bought this and am disappointed that I cannot get any further. Would like to finish ths game as I like it so far.

[Post New]by kleehart on Aug 10, 13 9:17 PM
I have reloaded this game 3 times and tried a different user. It still fails at the tree application. I have been a member for probably 6 or more years and I have had only 1 game fail in the past, but 2 in the last month. I would like my money back on this game unless you can guarantee that it will work properly,.

[Post New]by boomer01 on Sep 4, 13 7:44 AM
I HAVE 2 GAMES I GET THE ACCESS ERROR VIOLATION CODE, BEEN WORKING WITH BF BUT STILL HAVE NO SOLUTION

[Post New]by boomer01 on Sep 4, 13 7:47 AM
I AM AT THE WATERFALL AND 2 GAMES ARE 2 BE PLAYED, PART OF THE ROCK IS MISSING AND THERE ARE 2 ROUND VALVES, AND YOU NEED A 3RD ONE BUT I DONT HAVE ANYTHING IN MY INVENTORY LIKE THAT, I HAVE FLINT,THE MOUSE, A CODE, AND PART OF A SPEAR??? THE HINT SAYS TO GO TO THIS PUZZLE BUT I AM CONFUSED. ???

sccs13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sccs13 on Sep 12, 13 3:24 PM
I got a brand new windows 7 PC and tried to play this game and as soon as it loaded
lines rolled up and down on the screen like an old tv that needed it antenna adjusted.
Is there anything I can check for??

sccs13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sccs13 on Sep 12, 13 3:30 PM
Forget about my lines problem, just updated graphics card and seems to be working.

Thank-you

GloriaEE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by GloriaEE on Oct 16, 13 8:50 AM
Am really unhappy with the quality of this game, my cursor jerks around on some of the puzzles and I have to leave the game and then go back in.

[Post New]by LazyBird68 on Nov 12, 13 1:36 PM
I have a problem with the disc under the fountain (I think, spent so long waiting for it to load I forgot)

I placed the disc and it starts like a slideshow to say how proud the people are but it is that slow to do anything else I have turned it off 3 times now.

I have tried stopping everything running in the background and tried it but it's still as bad.

I can't even get the mouse to skip it as I can't get it there accurately enough to hit the bar

Very disappointed and think the quality of the games is going downhill rapidly

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest statue puzzle issue

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Jan 4, 14 12:12 PM
It seems several others are having these slow movement problems. With mine, the statue panel opens then the movie starts and from there all the slow motion starts. It took almost 8 minutes to get the skip button functioning and then it would not skip. Had to alt/contl/del twice and restart but still no help. Third time finally got it to skip, again after going through 8min of slow torture. But then the slowness affected the rune and I never could pick it up.
This would not seem to be a big problem as all games have glitches but in looking through the CE edition issues and the ones here, it is a BIG problem that was never addressed or fixed.
Why would you keep selling a game that does not work? Granted it may work for some but I keep wondering how many do not post and just get their return money for a non-functioning game.
This is just SAD. The story was intriguing, the demo worked great but there the dream ended. Gee that would be a great story line for non-working PC games to go inside and see what is controlling that game. Maybe, at least that way, the game would get fixed.

[Post New]by carolgt3 on Mar 2, 14 2:37 PM
I have been having problems with this game. Access denied update your graphics card. They are up to date that is not the problem. I have been having more and more problems and no one seems to want to help. I have sent the files as you have requested and no one has replied. I have been with BFG for quiet a few years now, and I have never had this many problems with the games or with getting help when I needed it. So please can we get this resolved.

[Post New]by carolgt3 on Mar 11, 14 1:47 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 or 4 times now with no luck. I'm running windows 8. I have tried everything that was suggested in the help forums, but none of them have worked. I don't know what else to do except give up trying to play this game, and other one's I run across like this one. Thank you

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Jun 12, 14 7:26 AM
I bought this game a while ago and went to redownload to play again and it says that the files are all corrupted. What is going on at BFG? This is not the only game with this issue. And yes I tried adjusting my firewall that did not work.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Jun 14, 14 6:00 PM
This game is ok, but it's SO dreary and slow. I may feel this way because the last game I played had a lot of snow and cold in it as well.

Ok, my tech problem is that I'm about half way through and a "regular" cursor has shown up. The game cursor is working fine, but now I have this black cursor in the middle of the picture. Anyone else? Or anyone that might be able to help? I may send in a ticket, but it seems like such a small thing. Although it's becoming more annoying as I move along.

Go to: