[Post New]by debraljensen on Jun 17, 13 11:58 PM
I really am enjoying the game

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

Re:Reviews for Order of the Rose

[Post New]by exact on Jun 21, 13 8:54 PM
Excellent game. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Some challenging mini games A game that could be played again as the games were fun. Plenty of hog scenes. Not always easy to find , but isn't that why they are hidden objects. Glad I bought it, thanks.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Jun 24, 13 11:03 AM
Nice enough for my free coupon code, but too many boring HOS with a tiny bit of interactivity. I couldn't wait to finish and get it over with.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Jun 27, 13 8:37 AM
After playing the demo and reading your opinions, I come to the conclusion that this is a game made by a men-team and the guys here find it interesting, while the girls are not so enthusiastic about it.

Am I right?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 29, 13 10:46 AM
Hi, renaki. To answer your question...female here and I really liked the game.

I just finished it and felt strongly enough about it to want to write a comment. H0 scenes did repeat but that's okay by me. Tests my memory for item locations. Due to my work schedule, I played the game over several days and looked forward to getting back to it each time. It was an easy game to play and yet the story pulled me in. The story moved along nicely and wrapped up well.

It is not a five star game by any means, but, for me, it was a good one and I am glad I played it. I used a PCC to get it but would not have been disappointed if I had used a credit.

Jorie

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jul 7, 13 11:36 AM
To each his own and because someone does not like this game is no reason to say they have no taste! I did not like it...could have but the safe was the last straw as I could not read the numbers and no skip button.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 12, 13 10:36 PM
I thought this a rather enjoyable, if easy, game. The Devs left no doubt as to what you were to do next so a map was really unnessary. And I am a BIG fan of maps,believe me!! Of course, I always play on the easiest setting. I like to enjoy a game and the whole experience of it without feeling like I'm a candidate for MENSA!! THE HOS were also easy, but waaaayyyy toooooo many for my taste. For gamers that like HOS, they will love this. I thought the graphics were very realistic and some what depressing. It really gave the impression in some scenes of a very run down neighborhood. The only part I had trouble with was with the overhead light in the second (I think) victim's apt. Couldn't open the cylinder for anything - then I realized I had the lights in the wrong place and poof (!!) cylinder opened right up!! All in all, not a bad game. Probably a good game for a newer player, as the game pretty much heads you in the right direction.

feenix

[Post New]by anotherlostsoul on Jun 26, 14 8:30 PM
While it was an interesting idea, I think unfortunately it kind of failed to deliver.

Like others have said, loved the idea that I was finding actual clues--that there were things to manipulate (moving the boxes, opening the car) that didn't necessarily help or hinder but added atmosphere. Didn't seem to be so much busy work--and often the objects were found in relatively normal places (i.e. the toothbrush in the bathroom, the screwdriver in the toolbox rather than finding them both behind a picture or in a flowerpot).

Unfortunately, the programming seemed to be hit or miss. The walkthrough occasionally didn't match up with the events (i.e. the "missing comb" in the subway) and the HOs would take rather obscure things to trigger (i.e. the lost knife). Several of the puzzles were also rather obscure--the safe combination I never did figure out and eventually skipped, the constellation one I kept getting spun around (I was on windowed mode), and the bookcase I ultimately skipped as well. The hint also seemed to point nowhere at times (i.e. the missing comb hint where it points underneath the inventory bar) but that you had to follow and click on in order to get the next thing to trigger (such as with the telescope).

I really--sorry guys, cause I love your games--I really got frustrated with a few of the scenes because I got stuck on the very first screen. The hint would say that there was nothing left to do, but I'd be at the first screen and couldn't go anywhere. (Outside the museum was the worst!)

I didn't have to start over, but it was hard.

Also--be warned. I usually like HO games because I have younglings and we can play them together, but this was a bit extreme and I had to turn it off because of content. I really wish that there was a warning in the first few screens. Not even the Dracula HO games were like this.

Go to: