Re:Reviews for Moai: Build Your Dream

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 2, 13 10:18 AM
This is an awesome new TM game! Since it's release, it has become my go to game. I've played it thru many times, which is unusual for me. We start out in this story trying to fly around the world in an air balloon. Things go badly for our hero, and his air balloon crashes into the ocean, only to be found by a small tribe of Islanders who have been awaiting your arrival. The Islanders need help fixing their Island, in return, they will help get you home at the end of your travels. This is a building TM game. You plant, fields, build cottages, etc.
It is well thought out, has an engaging storyline, nice Islandy music, awesome graphics, and just a whole lot of fun! I had my card out to buy it as soon as the trial was over! Loved this game!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Sep 9, 13 5:55 PM
I really like this game. I hesitated because some of the TM games are just that, but there is a lot of strategy in this one. I groan when I see that the level has ghosts in
in because they are a pain but no matter, the game is fun. And every once in a while they throw in a pretty easy level to help too. I am 77 and my eyes aren't cooperating with me these days but I saw my Eye Dr today and he said the computer isn't hurting me a bit. I found that I need a lid lift because my lids are not letting enough light in my eyes and are droopy so I am having surgery next month and look forward to many more good games like this one. Thanks BF for filling my days with enjoyable entertainment.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Sep 14, 13 4:22 PM
I just finished the game and it was long and very interesting and lots of fun for sure. I have the mouse with a ball and my thumb is cramped! I will attempt to do it again in awhile and see if I can top the levels I can finish without the timer going off. Although I didn't regret going through the game not worrying about the timer. Still very exciting. Do try this one!

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Sep 28, 13 4:52 PM
I enjoyed this game even though it froze on me four times. The issue seemed to be about upgrading the houses if there was a worker at the healing altar,even if you had enough workers available..I got around that though and continued.The graphics are great. The game is long enough to satisfy and some levels require some strategy.I have arthritis in my hands and appreciated the time to let me finish the level.
Build up the statues right away if there are too may ghosts to handle.They can be frustrating.In some levels it is good to update the houses as soon as possible to be sure that you have enough workers to accomplish your tasks.

dianah50
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dianah50 on Dec 3, 13 4:21 PM
Badut wrote:
And then there is the ghosts - for Gods sake! Stop putting this type of annoyance in an otherways interesting game - or at least keep them at a reasonable level. For me, they ruin everything.

I fully agree about the ghosts. This kind of gameplay doesn't belong in a TM/strategy game and totally spoiled it for me. I don't buy games where we have to fight off baddies which destroy our buildings or steal our resources.

A note to the devs ... please consider that some of us are colour blind and poorly coloured whisps like these are very hard to spot even if we did want to play..

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 23, 14 11:00 PM
I liked the game enough to put a bit of time into it. However I got annoyed near the end when it became so hard. I don't know why I tried as many times as I did, maybe because it just bugged me to have goals incomplete (those statues) but I tried a lot & most levels after 50 something (roughly) I just couldn't get done fast enough. That was a little bit annoying.
The main character was not at all likeable & that could be an issue for some. Didn't necessarily bother me, but I could definitely see how it would be a "thing".

The scantily clad women thing didn't bother me & I am, being that in the recent past I was a soldier, a mother, a ohh... I guess that's about it LOL I think I'm entitled to have the opinion about how women should or shouldn't be portrayed. Its not an issue here; the whole thing is just played off as really light.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 25, 14 11:51 AM
enjoyed the game but wasn't fast enough to get enough coins to build those ststues. Ghosts were really hard to get rid of.

Go to: