Re:Reviews for Rush for Gold: Alaska

[Post New]by Rosaliy_Lynne on Jul 31, 13 5:19 PM
A fun game - one I am enjoying so far. I did have a problem in this one level regarding how I was to clear the train tracks with only 2 workers then I accidentally clicked on the Office and got the needed third one.

A feedback/comment regarding one scene. Right after you build the opera house and are talking with the manager, he says "We didn't really bring enough food for a ling stay." I am thinking someone missed the spell check here and that would should be 'long' not 'ling'.

At any rate. This is a fun and challenging game. It might take you a few extra minutes to figure out some of the tricks but worth the effort.

[Post New]by Rosaliy_Lynne on Jul 31, 13 5:27 PM
Yaelle wrote:Hmm I feel awkward here as I seem to be the only one who did not like it.

It wasnt just that I have yet to get 3 stars on a level - I think I played through roughly 15 levels of the game & did not really perfect any of them. I only even came close a few of those times!

But I dunno... most of the games i have are TM/Strategy but this one just didnt grab me. I felt disinterested. I ended up deleting with 5 minutes remaining in the demo. I wish I could explain what it is thats missing here.

Not really sure why you are having trouble - I have yet to play a level in which I did not get all 3 stars. It did take me a couple of tries at first to pick up the way of things in this game and, sometimes there are tricks you have to suss out for yourself, but overall, once you get into it, it is fun. Right now I have finished - I don't know what level - clearing the snow off the tracks. There are tricks to pick up on using food and which activities to do first so you have the right stuff for the jobs. You are missing out on some fun here in the later levels with an automated sheriff to chase bad guys, supplies air dropped in and upgrades to the various jobs which produce faster output.

Initially your trick is to pick up food and wood for building and watch for wolves and other animals. The wolves keep returning but if you feed a bear he goes away. Then there are the jailbirds. Once you get to having a sheriff's office nearby, you can leave those to him to chase down. I recommend you give this game another look see. If you still don't get it, well perhaps it isn't for you.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 3, 13 5:54 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I wasn't sure when I first started how much I would like this one. It doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles graphically, that have been appearing in a lot of the new games, but it does not detract from the game at all. It has both timed and relaxed modes, which I know will make a lot of the relaxer's happy. Lots of levels, it can take some time if you are gold crazy like me and want all gold stars. Took me a full day, but finally have them all. I do wish they had put in achievements during the game, but hopefully they will add it when they make the sequel. Nice to see a bunch of TM games this past couple of weeks. I hope that continues for a long time. I purchased this game right after the demo.

Highly recommend this one!

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Aug 21, 13 6:23 PM
I loved this fun game. If I felt things were not going right, I just restarted the game so I could get all three stars. I wish my reward was a key to the city. LOL

[Post New]by Tutin_Karman on Nov 18, 13 7:51 AM
I normally enjoy 'time management ' games but not this one. After level 4 i found it impossible to get 3 golds when in timed mood. So after many hours of trying for gold i went to 'relaxed mode'. There it was easily to get 3 golds but as i progressed the levels did not get any more difficult. It was just a case of more gold mines, more coal mines, etc. No problem getting them,it just takes longer. Without the time factor it became tedious but with time factor impossible to achieve gold.

Go to: