[Post New]by jonah11 on Jul 3, 13 10:21 AM
A no buy for me even with a free punch.

bev4ron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Reviews for Corpatros: The Hidden Village

[Post New]by bev4ron on Jul 3, 13 11:15 AM
This game has potential, but is infuriating in that it doesn't give real hints, All it does is show the map with areas you can't get to yet. Needs real work to correct problems. Things don't follow any logical sequence.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 3, 13 12:15 PM
I tried to like this game. Really, I did try. Got the corpse, killed the snake, got the paddle, crossed the river, and got into a puzzle. Not a hard puzzle, but puzzles have a 5 minute time before you can skip. That's when I threw in the towel on this game.
The game is not hard, it is just not rational. Thinking your way through just doesn't seem possible. If you haven't guessed by now, this is a big NO BUY for me.

Tenmousers
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tenmousers on Jul 3, 13 12:28 PM
This. Game. BLOWS!!!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 3, 13 1:14 PM
I lasted for a little while. Then I noticed the misclick penalty. It stops the Hint button from charging. And you have to misclick as there is no way to find out how the interactions work in the HOS. Nice, devs. Why don't you ask us all to PAY to be tortured. It took me twenty times (I counted) to find out how to use what appeared to be a knife in the first HOS. But that wasn't enough, oh no, sir. I had to use it TWICE. And the second time it turned into a pair of scissors. What the heck is a clip? And what's with the "him and me"? Did nobody check the English?

I clicked on the Hint button. Nothing happened. I clicked on it again and it started over. This would not be a big problem except that it recharges VERY slowly. There is a map and that map is the ONLY hint you will get outside of the HOS. The map is not interactive. And if there was a popup or something where it said one existed I was not able to find it. I couldn't even get to where the map indicated there was something going on.

No paddle, no way to search the corpse, just walk back and forth. I got into the house although I never bothered to look for a door. I wonder why I'm so stupid? Am I a burglar when I'm not searching for Dad?

Well, I'm not stupid enough to buy this stinker of a game. This is probably the WORST HOG I have ever had the displeasure of trying to play.

I am desperately trying to hold on until one of my favorite devs (there are three) puts out a decent game. It seems like BF is issuing stinkers from years ago instead of putting decent games up for sale.

I WANT TO PLAY A GOOD GAME. Please?

Cherry

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 1:29:22 PM PST

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jul 3, 13 1:21 PM
Raska wrote:Those games ARE playable !!! They make me remember the good old adventure games... (without HO's...don't like those) ...No hints, no maps, no walkthrough's...I remember being stuck for days sometimes !!! Now we are spoiled and we don't think anymore. A friend of mine has the game, I played it, and I loved it ! The puzzles are great and the person (read a comment here on BF) who played this one in two hours must have skipped everything, because those puzzles, most of the time, are difficult !!! Let's go back to those games, maybe we will learn again to use our brains a bit more as we did years ago !

Thanks, Raska. I loved the demo but with all the negative comments I was wondering what I'd missed and didn't know if I should go ahead and get this game. I thought I was a lone fishie swimming upstream against the current.

I also loved not having a clue about how to solve all the problems and having to walk around and click on everything until I worked it out. But I have to admit that I love LF adventure games so that wasn't anything unusual for me. I also loved not knowing when you needed to click on something in the HOS to find one of the objects, just like you wouldn't know in RL. This game is a challenge and I loved that.

I also loved the music and didn't even mind the graphics as, although they weren't totally clear, I thought they suited the game and story. I normally have a problem with 360-degree games but the 3D effect in this game didn't bother me at all and, once I got used to it, I actually thought it made the game more interesting. I just wish it had gone further and you had to use the effect to find objects that you needed. That would have made it even better.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 3, 13 1:52 PM
"C´est terrible." "De veras, éste es horrible" Since BF doesn´t listen to us in English as to the quality of the games, I thought I would express it in 2 other languages in case they might know French and Spanish. Anyway, I don´t need to add anything that all the wonderful reviewers on this site have not already written. Since I will be busy all weekend (I don´t even want to know what ¨great¨ CE awaits us tomorrow) a big Happy 4th to all the wonderful folks I have ¨met¨online (you Frenchies will have yours in about a week) and a shout out to the all those brave and buffy guys and gals in our military who keep our red, white and true blue still going.

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 1:53:28 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jul 3, 13 2:00 PM
Ah yes, this game earned many of the negative comments to be sure. But ever the contrary soul, I decided to demo anyway.

I certainly agree it is far from a perfect game but the setting is one I do enjoy -- in nature rather than yet another decrepit moldy old house with ghosts/demons.

The hint button didn't seem a gigantic problem in HOS if hunt-n-click search is done slowly. If rapid-fire mis-clicks in HOS, it will empty out that hint button in a flash and it is a slow refill. I found it best to slow down and only use the hint for the last couple of invisible ones. And some are virtually invisible as dev's used black on black to "hide" items.

Where the hint button is an Epic Fail is outside the HOS scenes. Unlike most newly developed games we see here, the hint button just takes the player to the map where icons flash to show what needs to be done. But if you didn't see it to begin with, will an icon get you over the hill? Answer: Likely not so much.

So, when I was also stuck figuring out where to get that dog-gone paddle, I read BearKat's spoiler (thoughtfully hidden) in the generic thread set up for this game. It worked, I got across the river.

Now I'm gonna use a free punch come next Monday (double punch day) and finish this game. From reading other threads on this game, looks like a few adventure-lovin' players have finished it and left some pointers.

I'm sure I'll get stuck more than once, but for a free punch code, I'll get a really really retro "tomorrow's game today".

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 5:00:05 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 3, 13 5:11 PM
I wanted to like this game... the story was interesting and I liked the intro... but... it just doesn't work. Make up your mind. It pretends to be an old style adventure game but then it throws H0 scenes in the mix!! And worse you are STUCK staring at the boring H0 scenes because if you try to click and try things out the hint button restarts.. BIG MISTAKE. The definition of adventure game is clicking to try things... do NOT punish me for it.

For example... (highlight since it's a spoiler sort of) in the first H0 scene the list is pictures and there is a BLOB of nothingness that you are supposed to find... click everything that looks that shape but NOPE you are supposed to know to click a BUTTON that turns on windshield wipers which displays a graphic that looks NOTHING like the picture you're looking for. And since most cars do NOT have BUTTONS to turn on windshield wipers HOW can you find that without clicking?!?!? But yet you PUNISH me for clicking.

So I have a feeling these devs... if they even exist anymore... will NOT be existing for long since this game is going to be a NO SALE to most people.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jul 3, 13 5:35 PM

If you like games where 1/2 the time you have no idea what to do,
- then you will love this one.

If you like games where it looks like it was done five years ago,
- then you will adore this one.

If you like games with the most annoying music and sounds,
- then you will absolutely enjoy this one.

Otherwise AVOID. This is an extremely rare case where I can't even recommend to try the game, it's that bad.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 3, 13 6:22 PM
This is soooo bad.... the hint button doesn't tell you anything. The map is a joke and you can't turn the music off without turning the complete sound off. This has to be the worst game I've played in a long time. No buy for me. Didn't even finish the demo

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 3, 13 7:27 PM
I did not enjoy this at all! I did give the demo a try and made across the river...finally.

The map is just about useless although it seems there may be lots of places to visit. The hint button was of no use except in the H0 scenes - where it definitely was needed. I do not care for the list of items to be found to be outlined in blue...it made it very difficult to tell what some of the items were so I couldn't find them. I found a bit of interactivity in one H0 scene only because I couldn't find an object and the hint showed what to do. Clicking on the hint button outside the H0 scenes just took me to the map.

The graphics were not at all the kind I like and were quite mixed...some indistinct and blurry and others quite clear - almost like hand drawn. No clue as to when, where, or how to use inventory items...just try them everywhere and hope something "sticks". The puzzle had a 5-minute skip...if I know I don't like or cannot do a particular puzzle I would like to skip it immediately..no need for me to wait 'cause I won't change my mind.

Some items misnamed (I think): a hammer used to break a wall was labeled "hoe" and I tried it on the wall only because I couldn't find anywhere else to use it.

Overall, I do agree with a poster above who said the game is just no rational. I will "skip" this game.

[Post New]by taztmt on Jul 3, 13 9:51 PM
Instead of listing all of my dislikes, I'll just say this game sucks! Thought I might like it, but NOPE.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 3, 13 11:33 PM
Sigh. Here I go again, swimming against the current...

I complain a lot about too much hand-holding in the games we get now. And, finally, here I find a game that does not hold my hand at all. I usually play games at the most challenging difficulty level; here, I have to play on the easiest: I don't think I could have managed without the usually-detested sparkles. I found the game challenging and enjoyable because it was so difficult. It's a buy for me.

[Post New]by FranklySpeaking on Jul 4, 13 5:52 AM
tropdechats wrote:Sigh. Here I go again, swimming against the current...

I complain a lot about too much hand-holding in the games we get now. And, finally, here I find a game that does not hold my hand at all. I usually play games at the most challenging difficulty level; here, I have to play on the easiest: I don't think I could have managed without the usually-detested sparkles. I found the game challenging and enjoyable because it was so difficult. It's a buy for me.

agree, if you like challenge, this is a buy. It is not a game you can finish by using hints (the hint button simply give what is left to be done, but not how it can be done....). It do feel good after going through some difficult points and it is not totally irrational.... just need more thinking!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jul 4, 13 7:58 AM
URGGHHHH The game allows for casual mode, hints, map (even though non interactive but with tasks, etc highlighted). Great graphics, ok some portions look like mud being fling onto the screen

But the hint system? If u are balding or have little hair, DONT TRY THIS game! With a walkthrough this game shld be ok to play with. Theres not much instructions on how to play esp when u actually need to combine some items. Even the text is horrid, eg "There is a corpse up there, I hope its not my father". OMG, couldnt it at least have said something like "If I could use a knife to cut off the net, I may be able to use some items there"

It seems like the programmer is out to punish ppl who "dare" to click hints, after all, we are supposed to have some brains right?

I quite like this game despite all its short falls, but patience and more patience is truly needed. I would still recommend a buy, just pray and wait for Marggie to write a walkthrough

PS: Marge if u are reading, pls help us out here, most fishes here will be left without any more scales coz we had tear those off playing this game

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 4, 13 9:28 AM
Yes the graphics are blurry

Yes the game can be frustrating

Yes the hint button isn't that helpful

Yes there are sometimes problems trying to find the 'sweet spot' when using one object on another in the HO scenes

Yes, I agree that there shouldn't be a click penalty in the HO scenes

but ...

I HAVE JUST FINISHED IT AND I ACTUALLY ENJOYED PLAYING IT

despite keep nearly using the monitor as a handkerchief because it was so close .

I liked the heroine's voice at the beginning but actually played the game with the sound off because all sound was regulated by one slider.

The puzzles were right up my street (only skipped the ending of one) and I feel as though I have actually accomplished something today despite playing it on the Casual setting .

The ending was a bit Bumble Bumble though.

Cherb

[Post New]by Crisman on Jul 4, 13 9:32 AM
well can anybody tell me how to get the paddle?

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Jul 4, 13 12:52 PM
stusue wrote:
Raska wrote:Those games ARE playable !!! They make me remember the good old adventure games... (without HO's...don't like those) ...No hints, no maps, no walkthrough's...I remember being stuck for days sometimes !!! Now we are spoiled and we don't think anymore. A friend of mine has the game, I played it, and I loved it ! The puzzles are great and the person (read a comment here on BF) who played this one in two hours must have skipped everything, because those puzzles, most of the time, are difficult !!! Let's go back to those games, maybe we will learn again to use our brains a bit more as we did years ago !

Thanks, Raska. I loved the demo but with all the negative comments I was wondering what I'd missed and didn't know if I should go ahead and get this game. I thought I was a lone fishie swimming upstream against the current.

I also loved not having a clue about how to solve all the problems and having to walk around and click on everything until I worked it out. But I have to admit that I love LF adventure games so that wasn't anything unusual for me. I also loved not knowing when you needed to click on something in the HOS to find one of the objects, just like you wouldn't know in RL. This game is a challenge and I loved that.

I also loved the music and didn't even mind the graphics as, although they weren't totally clear, I thought they suited the game and story. I normally have a problem with 360-degree games but the 3D effect in this game didn't bother me at all and, once I got used to it, I actually thought it made the game more interesting. I just wish it had gone further and you had to use the effect to find objects that you needed. That would have made it even better.

Glad you pointed this game out to us in the Adventure's Thread..

I also am loving it. I like the story line, tho I admit I did turn off the
3D effect after awhile.

cherbtoo and you gave good reviews. Just wanted to add another
positive voice for this game

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Jul 4, 13 4:32 PM
Not a very good game at all. Not enough help with any of the clues. The hidden object scenes were ok, but it was too confusing where to go, or what to do next. I definitely won't be buying this one.

Go to: