Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Comments for Stray Souls: Stolen Memories Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 6, 13 6:53 PM
I decide for myself whether I find a game long or short. I don't ever listen to others, because what is short for one person is maybe just the right length for another. It also depends on whether you are fast-clicking your way through the game or, as I like to say, stop from time to time and smell the roses. I like looking around the scenes, rather than just rushing through them.

That is not saying that those peeps who think this game is short rushed through the game. But I know that a lot of people do that.

Also, as I (and others) said before: I prefer quality over quantity. At the end of a game I rather say: "Oh, what a shame it's already over with" than say "at last it's over".

I decided to buy this game after all. When Snapnhiss said that the CE only costs $8.39 instead of 13.99, I realised that this is, after all, a very good deal. (I just wish that BF would put the prices up on the banners rather than the percentage).

Edited on 07/06/2013 at 9:14:54 PM PST

rrrachel
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rrrachel on Jul 6, 13 7:02 PM
gamblebug wrote:Did get worried when one fishie posted that the supposed 4 chapter Bonus ,she only found 1 chapter,

There are 4 chapters in Bonus-part. I played the CE-chapters a little less than half an hour.

SPOILER!!!!
CE part ends with the crash.
In the main chapters and the main menu, you can see the airplane crashed into the school. You will know how this happened and who is to blame from CE part....

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 6, 13 7:53 PM
Oh I know I wouldn't of bought it if it wasn't for the sale. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the game as I've played the whole game but for me to pay $13.99 for a CE it must have all the bells and whistles. I know some don't care about the achievements, collectibles and morphing. That's fine but I do. I also don't usually get them all but most of them and it is fun trying to get as many as I can. As for the game length the main game was 5 hours for me and bonus chapter 1 hour and 15 minutes but I don't rush through my games.

Edited on 07/06/2013 at 7:55:33 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 6, 13 8:14 PM
I played the demo for 10 mins and ran off to purchase. Loved the game and the beginning was really scarey but it kind of calmed down. Loved the graphics and artwork but didn't like the SG either add print to it or enlarged the photos. Finished the game and feels like another sequel may be in the works.

The game seemed to be a little short for a CE but with the large discount this weekend it was well worth it.

Happy gaming

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 7, 13 6:36 AM
Did I hear that correctly? My cute little voodoo doll called the clown a Ba..ard for kidnapping my daughter? Never heard such swear words in any of the HOGs I have played up till now. LOL

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 7, 13 8:48 AM
Valdy wrote:I decide for myself whether I find a game long or short. I don't ever listen to others, because what is short for one person is maybe just the right length for another. It also depends on whether you are fast-clicking your way through the game or, as I like to say, stop from time to time and smell the roses. I like looking around the scenes, rather than just rushing through them.
That is not saying that those peeps who think this game is short rushed through the game. But I know that a lot of people do that.

Also, as I (and others) said before: I prefer quality over quantity. At the end of a game I rather say: "Oh, what a shame it's already over with" than say "at last it's over".
I decided to buy this game after all. When Snapnhiss said that the CE only costs $8.39 instead of 13.99, I realised that this is, after all, a very good deal. (I just wish that BF would put the prices up on the banners rather than the percentage).

Point well taken.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 7, 13 12:27 PM
Valdy wrote:"...
I really like this game - it's the kind of game you want to play when Halloween comes around - but was disappointed that there were no extras in the main game. And then again, whenever I do have to look for extras in a CE, I usually forget about them, because I am so engrossed in the game itself. So, in the end, do those extras I have to find really matter to me. Perhaps not.

Hear, Hear Valdy, well spoken!
And BTW, your reviews/comments are always the ones I go for 1st.
tyvm, hun!
the kat
=^,,^=

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 8, 13 7:39 AM
You certainly aren't allowed to have a clown phobia playing this one so if anyone is scared of clowns, this one's not for you (not to mention creepy dolls - lucky for me, they don't remind me of Chucky); and I really, really feel like getting the mop and bucket out with copious amounts of floor cleaner . Lots of 'jumpy-out-at-you' moments. Graphics a bit blurry, but I can live with them.

I've only just got to the bit where the clown steals the key in the school, but I'm enjoying it so far. For me, it's actually good that it's an adventure lite.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 8, 13 3:43 PM
I didn't buy it yet, but it is definitely on my list for the next sale. I bought some games elsewhere and blew my budget, but got the Rhem Trilogy for $9.99, and I've been waiting FOREVER.

You know what? This is the perfect CE for me - nothing but extra play. That's all I want. I don't care about collectibles, and generally ignore them. I don't care about achievements - what? Those are for TM games or Fairway. (Don't care about them there, either.) Morphing objects are cool, but not in every game. Don't care about all the artwork, making of, etc. I do like the soundtracks if the music is good, but mostly don't care.

Once in a while, it's nice to get extra extra play, and that's it. So from my standpoint. (As to length, I'm a slow player, only use hints in HOS, and then rarely. Don't use SG. Play hardest mode and don't skip. So most complex games are long for me. I get my $$$ worth, LOL.)

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 9, 13 1:44 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:You certainly aren't allowed to have a clown phobia playing this one so if anyone is scared of clowns, this one's not for you (not to mention creepy dolls - lucky for me, they don't remind me of Chucky); and I really, really feel like getting the mop and bucket out with copious amounts of floor cleaner . Lots of 'jumpy-out-at-you' moments. Graphics a bit blurry, but I can live with them.

LOL! I hate when games look so dirty that you want to clean the place up! For some games it goes with the theme, and then others I wonder why in the world are these places so gross?

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 9, 13 3:54 AM
I'm having a great time playing but am sorry that some of other fishes aren't happy with it. I'm actually happy not to have things to collect, or morphing objects, since that means I can enjoy the game and storyline without wondering what I missed. I can't say that I particularly like the SG but it worked where I needed help, especially since I forgot to use the map. I wish the SG graphics had been larger. Since this is a sequel to the earlier Stray Souls (which I also really enjoyed), I'm thrilled to learn the 'rest of the story', or rather the beginning of the story. Other than the SG, there wasn't anything I didn't like about the game. I'm about half way through the bonus chapter and am glad I bought the CE because it seems to tie everything together. Love the little knitted doll and now understand why he is so vital to the story line. I hope this isn't the last of Stray Souls! Like reading a good mystery book, it's hard to stop. The graphics are perfect for the storyline. I don't know how long the game is since I don't have time to play the entire game in one sitting; no big deal. Thank you, BF and Devs, for several very enjoyable and captivating evenings! I would have bought it even if it wasn't on sale. How does one judge the length of a game? Wouldn't it depend on the individual skill level as well as the available time?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 9, 13 3:57 AM
I just finished the game, and really loved it. Some fishies may find this game a tad short, but for me it had just the right length.

I also loved the bonus game. Oh... the memories of past events came back when I played it. And what a surprise ending. Really loved it.

Thanks for a great game, developers (and BigFish). This is one of the very few games where I don't regret having purchased the CE.

rrrachel
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rrrachel on Jul 9, 13 4:02 AM
Valdy wrote:And what a surprise ending.

Hello)

Totally agree!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 9, 13 6:17 AM
Valdy wrote:Did I hear that correctly? My cute little voodoo doll called the clown a Ba..ard for kidnapping my daughter? Never heard such swear words in any of the HOGs I have played up till now. LOL

Yes, Valdy, you did hear that correctly. I just got there. In case you are wondering...I'm playing this very slowly. It's the humid heat in the house. Can't get anything around my head - plus my gaming computer has given up; probably for good now.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 9, 13 7:01 AM
Hi Tiger...

So, I did hear that correctly.

My laptop used to get so hot in the Summer, that you could fry an egg on the keyboard. The one I have now has a higher processor, so it doesn't need to use the fan so often. Also, my laptop is sitting on top of a laptop fan, which also helps tremendously, and it makes it easier for me to keep my laptop on my lap.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 9, 13 8:07 PM
Finished the Bonus game; very hot day in So Cal so I used that as an excuse All I can say is WOW!! I'm so glad I bought the CE; sale or no sale, it is worth it. I think this game was the first time I'd seen a Bonus that really completely finished the storyline. And without confusion or lots of extra stuff. Outstanding finish!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 11, 13 2:22 PM
yes, we really did enjoy playing the game and was a little let down on the length of it. but other than that is a great game..................doug & lisa=====

rrrachel
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rrrachel on Jul 16, 13 4:42 AM
Hello everyone.
Today I have downloaded the game from the developer site(you can google it).

There are achievements and morphing objects in developer’s version!!!!!!!!

You can see it if you open the bonus content - in a version from the developer it is available from the start of the game. Also, the bonus content has one more tab, there is a tab Trivia. Trivia content will be available if you collect all the morphing objects in the game.

Bigfishgames, what’s going on???? Do you sell us the game on a sale price with limited functionality, don’t you?

Edited on 07/16/2013 at 4:43:04 AM PST

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 18, 13 3:57 PM
absolutely love the graphics! such a treat for the eyes!
great ending of bonus chapter. liked it very much!
villain voice over was waaaaaaaaay overly dramatic.
I liked the gruffness to his voice, but the acting was
hamlike and unrealistic, if that's something one can use
in a fantasy game, lol.
I had very much fun with this even if the puzzles were
on the easy side, found the game most entertaining.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jul 22, 13 1:03 PM
Dingy rooms with weeds, mold and goo growing on the walls. Mysterious liquids drip with a haunting 'plink'. Broken glass, splintered bannisters, warped flooring, and lots of nooks and crannies for curious things to stare out of. Aged memories of a town that once was.
I LOVE IT!!!

I'm making random action movie quotes every time I see that clown. I will be his worst enemy!

I live vicariously through my games (especially when they're this good!)

Go to: