mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Final Cut: Encore Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 12, 13 7:59 AM
Sept24 wrote:
catbag8717 wrote:Why does everyone always complain about too many HOS? It's a HIDDEN OBJECT GAME for crying out loud!

Hidden Object games can have many types of hidden objects. Many of us like the games that don't have a list of hidden objects every time you turn a corner. If that is what you like, that's great, but no need to be so shocked that lists of hidden objects aren't appreciated by everyone and we don't need lists to look for hidden objects in a game and I also much prefer the type of game where you search for items and solutions and play puzzles and min-games without the constant lists. I wish they did have a separate category called adventure/lite or something like that so I didn't have to wade through games full of lists, but they don't.

Ditto to all of what Sept24 said and Big Fish take heed to the highlighted

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 12, 13 1:14 PM
catbag8717 wrote:*twitches*

D: This seems like it's so good! WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO ME!? WHY DO THEY GIVE GAME CLUB MEMBERS 24HR PRIOR ACCESS!?
because its a perk to being a member,,,,if you buy at least 1 se a month being a member makes sense,,you get the games a day early, punch card credits for every 6 games,,, bonus punches...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 12, 13 7:00 PM
elvenstardragon wrote: I really enjoyed this and the previous game. Can't understand why some don't like HO scenes.That's what it is???

Not only do you get a Bonus Game but if you finish the game try the;

'Look round the Eipix Office' it's second on the 'extra's list. I think I enjoyed that even more than the game!

Of course you get the bonus game, that's what you are paying twice the amount of an SE for. You make it sound as if they gave you the bonus game for nothing.
And as for looking around their office... well, if that's what gets you going through the day... These things (just like all the extras like wallpaper, art work, etc) don't do anything for me.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 12, 13 11:25 PM
Valdy wrote:
The Map is just right of the Journal and shows you where you are, places you can go to, places where actions are needed, etc, and it can be used to jump to different locations.

Just a quick correction, Valdy - the map does not show you places where action is needed, except locations where film strips are available.

Actually, on second thought, I played in expert mode and perhaps that is an intentional difference from casual. In which case I should correct to say - in Expert mode you are not given locations where actions are needed on the map, only locations where film strips may be found.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 12, 13 11:50 PM
Hi WilJul

I am sure that things are a little different in the harder modes than they are in Casual mode. I always have the game in Window mode open when I write my reviews so I don't forget half the things I want to point out. And I always open the map and read from it when I add the things you can do. So yes, in Casual mode, the map definitely shows you where actions are available.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 12, 13 11:57 PM
Welp, thar ya go. Makes sense. I retract my correction!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 13, 13 10:52 AM
It's always interesting to read about everyone's opinion of each game - I think I enjoy their comments more than the games themselves sometimes. I joined BFG initially because they offered the MDNA adventure games, which involved first-person travel around a real city in Sweden which had been carefully photographed, talking to (real person) characters, looking for clues, and completing puzzles which were always relevant to the story and plot. BF only ever offered 6 of these games and I've been waiting for several years to see the rest. (I do realize that these games are not Mac versions - I'd have to get back to the PC to play them.)

In the meantime I've bought perhaps 75 or 80 HO/adventure games and demoed several hundred more. I've reached the point now where I'm thoroughly sick of doing the same puzzles and finding the same objects (valves, hammers, boards) over and over again. My complaints remain the same - lousy dark graphics, repetitive boring stories and plots, repetitive puzzles, poor English translations, lists of objects, boring, boring, boring.

My innate positive world view directs me to keep trying, hoping to find a game that is creative, innovative, challenging and fun. I don't think this is too much to ask, but I do remind BF that at some point we will stop spending money on repetitive, boring games and look elsewhere for something fresh and new.

[Post New]by twobighands on Jul 15, 13 1:25 AM
Just finished playing FINAL CUT: Encore Collectors Edition. Thought the game was Outstanding. Love the scene changes, morphing objects & the film collecting. Great storyline and graphics. When EIPIX took it to a little more personal level with the virtual tour of their office and their people, I thought that was one of the Greatest parts of the game. That was a Very Nice Touch. Want to know if there is a way to make the inventory scroll automatically when you pass the cursor over it, instead of having to click on the arrows on either side. Other than that I want to Congratulate each and every person involved in the making of this game. There is a lot of creativity hard work and dedication involved and hope that Y'all stick together to make more exciting games for the world to play. Thank You to everyone of you Beautiful People at EIPIX.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jul 20, 13 4:19 AM
Because of the great sale this weekend I thought I would finally give this game a chance. However, it is spoiled for me before I even get the download finished. Why? This will always be the game that caused me to get the new GM forced upon me! And there I was congratulating myself for having avoided it so far............ugh! I will give the game a try, but with that against it right from the start I will probably wait for the SE - unless it is outstandingly good. Will try it and then decide.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 22, 13 7:31 PM
I ended up buying this on the BOGO sale and it turned out to be a very enjoyable game. I loved the first Final Cut game but was unable to complete it due to technical issues (yes, I deleted and reinstalled it several times but nothing worked) so I was apprehensive about this one. I had only two problems (clock puzzle and body parts puzzle) but they were both skippable so I skipped both and carried on.

The greatest part of this game for me was picking up and carrying around a Canadian flag for most of the game - being a proud Canuck from Canuckistan, that was a big deal for me. Canada is never mentioned or referenced in any other game I've ever played, although I did see some Canadian money in a few HOs over the years. Thanks, devs, for featuring our Maple Leaf in your game!

I also appreciated that the devs played fair with the collectible objects. They were hidden in a random way in both scenes and windows, and the windows always stayed available until the collectibles were found. I totally appreciated that. The map was fabulous, easy to follow and interactive, and how great was it to find objects hidden there too.

The morphing objects were really, really well hidden and hard to find, but I did find them all, and missed them badly in the bonus game. The film strips, clovers and MOs were so well done that the bonus game was flat without them.

Finally, the credits and game team video were priceless and totally worth the cost of the CE. I've NEVER said that before - I'm always complaining about the worthless extras and pointless bonus games. What a charming man! I'm so looking forward to the next Final Cut game.

SPOILER:

[I have one question - what exactly happened at the end of the bonus? I saw a shooting - close range, no chance of survival - but then who was standing with the sister at the end? I thought it was that same person. I want this to be a happy ending for everyone (except the bad guy, of course.)]

Edited on 07/23/2013 at 9:37:22 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 28, 13 9:05 AM
twobighands wrote:Just finished playing FINAL CUT: Encore Collectors Edition. Thought the game was Outstanding. Love the scene changes, morphing objects & the film collecting. Great storyline and graphics. When EIPIX took it to a little more personal level with the virtual tour of their office and their people, I thought that was one of the Greatest parts of the game. That was a Very Nice Touch. Want to know if there is a way to make the inventory scroll automatically when you pass the cursor over it, instead of having to click on the arrows on either side. Other than that I want to Congratulate each and every person involved in the making of this game. There is a lot of creativity hard work and dedication involved and hope that Y'all stick together to make more exciting games for the world to play. Thank You to everyone of you Beautiful People at EIPIX.

I finished the game and really enjoyed it also. Like you said the virtual tour of their office and people was especially nice. Wish other devs would do that.

Go to: