bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 13 4:48 AM
Hi All,

For the performance issues that may of you are running across, such as items disappearing from the inventory or the game crashing, I would firstly recommend checking to see if you can run any graphical updates, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs and displays for you. The help article here will help you to do that.

ELadyG1013 - There can be a number of different reasons why that error message shows up but luckily, it is usually easily resolved.

The main reasons why this error will appear are listed in the following help article, along with advice on how to combat them:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed.

After making the adjustments in that article, please try to install again and hopefully you will have more success.

Likeruth - our games don't require an activation code so I would suggest uninstalling all and any versions of this game you may have and reinstalling the trial from us.

Roam as above, performing some updates may help with this but uninstalling and reinstalling the game could also help as this will ensure all game files are running correctly.

If you know that your computer is up to date or would like some more specific advice for your issue, please contact our Tech Support Team.

If you have the time please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/16/2013 at 4:48:25 AM PST

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

totem pole game

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jul 16, 13 7:18 AM
Playing the demo on the hardest mode, finished the totem pole game correctly and it will not open up to give me the hiker figurine. Very disappointed that the game would have such a obvious glitch that was not fixed before release. May try it one more time, after that, it's a no buy and a poor review from me.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jul 16, 13 3:46 PM
in the totum puzzle the bear head goes on bottom but i don' get an arrow to put it there.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 17, 13 4:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help than we can provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by beetle_bailey on Jul 23, 13 7:37 AM
I am trying to pick up the handle off of the pot to place on the safe in the HOS. However, the light keeps switching to the other side of the area. I can't complete the scene because I can't get the handle.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 24, 13 6:55 AM
Heya beetle_bailey, welcome to the Pond!

It sounds like some of the files for your game are a bit confused. In these cases uninstalling and reinstalling often already helps to solve the problem as it gives all your game files a refresh. The nice thing here is that uninstalling and reinstalling should also not erase your progress as most games save the progress in a separated folder to make sure it isn't lost easily.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by jilly08 on Jul 27, 13 8:17 PM
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing this game. I picked up two hands for the clock. However, only 1 hand showed up when I dragged them to the clock. When I click on the clock it says.. this clock has no hands.,. how will I ever know the time...
I tried going back to the gondola and clicking in the panel where I got them.. Nothing...
Am I going to have to start over as another player??
Suggestions???

Susanna2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Susanna2 on Jul 28, 13 1:36 AM
Error code 5 once again.
Why all of a sudden a lot of games are not downloadable for me anymore??

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Jul 28, 13 9:47 PM
lindaa1 wrote:
0161 wrote:Picked up disinfectant from safe but it did not show in the inventory box. Went to heal the baby bear disinfectant still no show but clicked on empty space on inventory and it appeared.
Reluctant to buy this game if there are glitches in the demo.
Windows 7 64 bit used.

Same thing happened to me. The hint kept pointing to blank space in inventory and sponge on table. I exited and went back into game and the disinfectant was visible in inventory.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 11, 13 12:35 PM
GLITCHES also in the SE version, that was released today, I don't think it's our game files, that are confused ..ARGhh, maybe the developers that made this mess of a so called game are CONFUSED .

The technical thread is FULL of us having the disappearing act, with inventory items, I couldn't catch the fish with the plastic bag, because every time I clicked on the blank box, that said plastic bag, my cursor would vanish, and this happens in so MANY places, through out, this game.
I've played many a game, that is a lot more graphic intensive, than this one .
I just don't get it, why the problems are always pointed at our computers, the DEVELOPERS should be the people who need to come up with a fix, since it is their game, that has been released with all of these ISSUES?
I could see it if only a few fishie's, were having this problem, BUT looking at the technical thread for CE and SE, 90% of us having the same issue with vanishing inventory items, IT'S TIME for the developers to come up with a FIX .
Otherwise, there will be NO SALE and that is defeating the purpose, of making a game, in the first place .
SO disappointed, will be deleting this one

Issue in iPad bonus chapter

[Post New]by kataine on Dec 10, 13 12:59 PM
The empty vials are on a stool in the cabin of the yacht, but are not selectable. Hint button keeps circling that area, but pressing on the vials results in moving to the previous screen. When I press and hold my finger on that area, rather than getting the hand "("grab") icon, only a blue (down/back) navigational arrow appears. Thanks in advance for your assistance with this!

[Post New]by jazzyjeans on Dec 11, 13 6:18 PM
I purchased this game to have fun, not to be driven insane. I have made several attempts to put the lever on the mechanism in the elevator. I have clicked everywhere in there but the lever will not attach to the mechanism at all. Please help!!

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Dec 15, 13 3:48 PM
Playing the bonus level. Poured the resin in the area where the fox token is hide amongst the boards. Now I don't have enough resin to pour on the metal sheet in the boat and the game won't let me get any more from the tree. I have quit and restarted the game and that didn't change anything. I can't continue. Going to uninstall since I found the game somewhat lacking.

Go to: