sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Reviews for Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jul 14, 13 9:18 PM
Not my cup of tea either. I might pay$2.99 for it if I am really bored and have extra patience that day! It is really slow.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 15, 13 11:55 AM
This is a mediocre game that I bought because of BF purchasing system. I had just earned a credit and I wanted to buy an SE with a free coupon. The BF system automatically applied the Credit and I couldn't use the free coupon.I didn't want to lose the credit on an SE so I purchased another Credit and used them both to purchase the only CE that was available. As I said, it is a mediocre game that should be an SE. Not bad, but not a CE

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 16, 13 4:27 PM
@ Old_Man_River:
I have had that happen also when I clicked 'buy' in the game manager and didn't see the option to buy from their site ( it was there right in front of me :/)..... then seeing a 'bought' credit was being used I took a chance and put in coupon code and zap , my bought credit was back and coupon code was applied

I have only played a few minutes of Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition, just enough to know that I will probably get it after I decide CE or SE, CE or SE, SE or CE.....decisions, decisions :/

Edited on 07/16/2013 at 8:20:15 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jul 16, 13 7:04 PM
This game looked very promising when it came out at first but in the end it turned out to be a bit disappointing. The main game was way too short, graphics were nice but a bit blurry and the game cursor didn't respond very well.
On the other hand I really liked the ecological message it sends, sound and sound effects were excellent but... when the game ends it leaves you with a lukewarm feeling like it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.
I believe Vast developers can do much better than that!

Edited on 08/20/2013 at 9:49:41 AM PST

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jul 17, 13 12:53 PM
Just wanted to say that this HO is NOT.... came across only one and that was 1/2 way thru the demo..sorry ...no buy for me...plus I thought the story line was been there done that....

JoeBuddha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by JoeBuddha on Jul 23, 13 8:08 PM
WAY too buggy. I'm slogging my way through, and love the story, but brain-dead help? Inventory items with no pic? As a professional tester, I'd never have let this out of beta.

Go to: