bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 15, 13 3:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into problems, and I'll do my best to provide some advice for getting those fixed.

If you're running into access violation errors, a good first step to take is to try the recommendations on our help article here:

Access Violation

If you're encountering problems after that, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game using our help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

It can also sometimes help to make sure that all game related software programs and drivers are up to date for various problems, and our help article here goes over how to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to run into problems after checking those help articles out, or if you've already tried the steps listed in them, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help. They can look further into the issues you're experiencing and offer additional advice. They can also forward your issues on to our team so they can address them properly.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Grannypc on Jul 15, 13 6:18 PM
Hi , this is the trouble i am having ,every few scenes , it goes to desk top on bottom of my screen. It comes back up when i click it but it keeps doing it .Is any one having that trouble thank you

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 15, 13 7:08 PM
Hi, bfgBaikal !
Trying, like so many others, to collect the Flower Pollen in the Bowl.
First, silly Bowl kept going back to my Inventory
and now before I can finish, my entire Game Froze-Up!
What's with all the Glitchy Games lately???
Just finished "Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition",
and it was Full of Glitches, plus found Mistake in S/G....
now with "Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil".
{Are the Devs hurrying too fast to get a Finished Product on the Market?}
sign me one sad kat,
=^,,^=

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 16, 13 3:25 AM
I support what you just expressed quarlesqueen. I sometimes have a hard time getting out of a game when it freezes up.....I will wait for a fix, or ask for a refund. Big disappointment, as it was a pretty good game.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jul 16, 13 4:25 AM
Looks like a good game.......hope the bugs get ironed out.

[Post New]by ChaosCookie13 on Jul 16, 13 4:58 AM
I too got thwarted at 'collect pollen from flowers' wall, went to options and turned off custom cursor, returned to game play and it let me continue. May not be a clever technical fix but it worked for me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 13 5:09 AM
Hi folks!

If you have tried the advice already offered by fellow players and by bfgSeine above and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we can via the forums and ultimately ensure you are not left with a game you cannot play.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 16, 13 8:14 AM
Thanks chaoscookie...but I am still hesitant to try anything that will freeze up my computer.
chicken little, I am"

[Post New]by ChaosCookie13 on Jul 16, 13 9:03 AM
CiChDa, be a devil and try it, I only used that facility to get out of trouble and then switched back to custom cursor. I'm the biggest technophobe to ever have crawled out of the primordeal slime and I just decided "here goes nothing!"

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 16, 13 3:16 PM
I have to come back in and say, thanks for the laugh...your response back Chaoscookie13 was delightful.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Jul 17, 13 2:24 PM
Game skipped a scene.
I have all but two achievements. (the Liberator Silver, and Fast like the Wind). After I rescued Claudia, by putting the lock's red eye in, the door opened, then it said you have completed the game. According to a video walkthrough I found on the internet, I was supposed to get a healing essence, and a key, go to the estate, and rescue Lycia. I see, I'm not the only one this happened to. Without a "walkthrough", you wouldn't notice this "glitch". That is one of the reasons games should have a walkthroughs.

Edited on 07/17/2013 at 8:42:51 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 18, 13 6:23 AM
Heya ibn1984,

Thank you for pointing this out to us in so much detail! We'll make sure to pass this on.

If you haven't yet you might also like to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to make sure that all game files are in place and your game is running as smooth as possible.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 07/18/2013 at 6:23:35 AM PST

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 19, 13 12:36 AM
Windows has just shut my game down because of 'DEP'. It says it is a protection against bad software that could be a threat to my computer. It tells me to go to the publishers website to see if they have a safe version of software. I'm frightened to try the game again incase I damage my computer.

[Post New]by maaneskin on Jul 19, 13 9:22 AM
Windows 7, 64 bit
I downloaded the demo and it worked fine so I decided to buy the game. Now I get a message that I need a security key to start the game. I have tried restarting the Game Manager and uninstalling the game. I downloaded the file again and installed the game but still I'm asked for a security key. What to do??
Claire

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 13 4:21 AM
Hi Fishies!

Just swimming in with some help on this.

elvenstardragon - this message does not indicate that there is anything malicious about the download, I can assure you that our games are 100% safe.

This type of message can show if your protection programs are unsure as to what you are installing - they often flag programs they cannot recognize as a safety measure. Even if you have installed games with us before, different games are packaged in different ways so it is not abnormal to see this message.

The thing to do is to make sure that your protection programs recognize Big Fish applications as safe and the advice in the help article here will help you to make that adjustment.

maaneskin - welcome to the Pond!

The request for a security key is often associated with some major change to your computer. Some modifications can prompt the Game Manager to request a security key for one or several of your games as well.

To obtain the necessary key to gain access to your games, please get in touch with Customer Support and one of our Reps will be happy to help!

There is some information that you can include in your email that will help us to generate the code(s) right away and the process for collecting that can be found in the following help article:

Security Key Error

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by maaneskin on Jul 20, 13 8:26 AM
Big help bfgBaikal, thanks a million. I will get in touch with Customer support and hopefully get Axel who helped me loads a while ago!

From a sweltering Norway! (yes, really!)
Claire

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Slow...Jerky

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Jul 20, 13 11:32 AM
Deleted. The game was very slow to respond and very jerky. Deleted and downloaded again. Same situation.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 20, 13 11:47 AM
Hello Spookys_Mom,

Often when a game is acting in a sluggish and jumpy way like that, it's an indication this, there is something missing in the communication between the game and the computer. Often, updating some relevant software or drivers on your computer will help clear up this issue. For some assistance finding those updates, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't work, our Tech Support Team would be happy to look into this further.

I'll keep my fins crossed that his is sorted out for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by bwty1963 on Jul 20, 13 1:45 PM
SAME HERE CANT TAKE THE URN....

THANKS

BlazeBlues
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by BlazeBlues on Jul 20, 13 1:45 PM
W7, 64 here, too.

Game is sluggish - reading here, it just doesn't run well on some systems. It keeps trying to freeze up and doesn't transition well. I just quit during the first HOS. It took 8 minutes of game play just to get there due to the poor performance. The hint for hidden objects makes a sound, but does nothing visually. I tried it several times - got to the last item & even when looking at the item, I see no sign of a hint.

Looked very promising, but it's a no buy for me, even free. Too many warning signs right off the bat that it is going to be a problem game.

I'm not looking for help here. I've played and bought enough games to know when one isn't going to work well, regardless of how many hoops I make my system jump through. Everything on my end is as updated as possible.

Go to: