Re:Reviews for Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Jul 15, 13 7:53 AM
just finished.....what a wonderful game for a SE.

some problems throughout the game with it freezing ...but persevered and got there in the end.

cant understand why there are not more reviews and comments for this one as it is a really good game.

hats off to the developers and as kittyfish has already said....more like this please.

p.s. I loved the morphing in HOGS.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 15, 13 3:35 PM
This game was both fabulous and fantastic.....it was FANTABULOUS !!!! I sooo enjoyed playing it, hat's off to the dev's and to BFG for having it. The sweetest thing of all.....it was a SE !! Whodathought !! It had a little bit of everything I love in games, and a few twists...like the morphing objects...how cool was that ! I used a game code to purchase this and man was I pleasantly surprised. This game was far better than a lot of CE's that I have paid full price for. I bought it on the suggestion of a fellow pond-ite (ha-ha). I hated to see it end. Thanks again BFG and to the makers of this wonderful and fun game.

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Jul 15, 13 5:35 PM
I just finished it. Great game! Like others have said, it should have been a CE, and was in fact better than many CE games I have bought lately.

Looking forward to more!

My compliments to the developers.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Jul 15, 13 9:50 PM
What a great game! I could hardly tear myself away from it. I would love to see more like this!! I loved having to figure it all out with nothing to guide me. Please give us more! Thank you for a such a terrific game!

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Jul 17, 13 6:41 PM
susielee wrote:What a great game! I could hardly tear myself away from it. I would love to see more like this!! I loved having to figure it all out with nothing to guide me. Please give us more! Thank you for a such a terrific game!

I totally agree with this statement, Susielee.

Also, I highly recommend buying the power-ups and playing the match 3 games periodically. They are way more fun with a little help and I LOVED the different music.

Audrey

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 20, 13 5:41 PM
Excellent game. Really enjoyed the flow and graphics of the game. Having to find morphing items in Hidden Object scenes was different and entertaining. I also liked the searching for coins and chests in every scene.

I do hope the Developers come out with another game as entertaining as this one was.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 20, 13 6:32 PM
After being away from BFG for a year+, and then having to figure out all the drastic changes that BFG has made in that year, I am ready to write a review.

Just finished the trial, and after trying to understand what I was suppose to be doing or where the game was going, I was still totally lost. What is the "wonderful storyline" behind this game?

Yes, I too loved the morphing objects in the HO scenes and the chance to play a Match 3 game when I couldn't find that last item on the list. That was all kinda cool. Did not see any need to be collecting coins to buy powerups on the Match-3 games I played. Hated the 2 puzzles I encountered in an hour. Thank heavens for the skip option.

I have to agree with some fishies that there is absolutely too much going on in this game. Most of it just useless. Would much rather have known what and how I was suppose to accomplish my goals to finish the game.

Also ran into the same difficulty in clicking on something 4 or 5 times before it finally registered, both in HO scenes and regular gameplay. The game froze up on me once, but when it got back on track, it seemed to have skipped what I had clicked on and I was in another scene. Happened only once in the hour demo.

Yes, I would say you do get an awful lot in this game for the price of a regular game. But there are many other "regular" games out there without the glitches, the overwhelming amount of things you have to look for, and at least some idea of where the game is going.

No buy for me.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 21, 13 4:47 PM
Well, this game was ok to me. I hated the fact that there was no walkthrough for this but I managed. The graphics were good but I was rushing to finish the game.

Chiefcook
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Chiefcook on Jul 22, 13 2:03 AM
I too only played the demo - but as usual the time ran out just as I was getting into it.

After reading on here about the "match 3" games - wish I had spotted them but in saying that I loved the morphing objects.

Great work - keep it up

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Jul 22, 13 8:40 AM
What a brilliant little game! Got it for nothing, and bought it originally for the match 3 as a change from HOG's, but I loved them more! There looks to be a sequel, so I'll keep a lookout for that. Is there a "surprise success of the year" award, cos this really deserves it!

sophish48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sophish48 on Jul 23, 13 5:27 AM
This, I thought, was the most brilliant SE game I've stumbled on in ages. After playing about 30 minutes of the demo, I was hooked & bought it BUT.....Ohhhhhh, BFG, just WHAT are you doing? What a darn shame you let this one in without what seems to be loads of testing as the game play is simply DREADFUL...as deadly as the so called disease the main character is trying to cure. & from the comments in the forum, I am most definitely not the only one. Apart from the lagging, freezing & very slow play, there's the little issue of the crashing, the error violations & the general messing my whole laptop about!!!! What a crying shame as there's so much that's good in this game. I'm afraid I am uninstalling it until a fix is out. DO NOT BUY IF YOU ARE EASILY FRUSTRATED!

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Jul 31, 13 9:27 PM
as usual I am behind the Pod and got this game after most seem to have so my review is late.

I am only posting because after reading the reviews and getting the game, I must be playing a different game. All the positive ranting and kudos for this game and I really did try to give it a go but I very much disliked it and gave up playing.

I agree there is way way too much going on. It can be seen as "extras" in the game, but that is just it - - - its nice to have the option of playing mahjong or match 3 if youre stuck on a hidden object scene but then to have an almost entire game of this with things to buy, perks to get, coins to find, power ups to buy. . . yeah nice idea and all but I am not buying or playing a match 3 game. So i ignored most of all that to play the game.

Like others I clicked on an object many times but was still shown that I had to find it in the HO list. The morphing objects didnt always go away (maybe theyre not supposed to?) so while I'm squinting through these pretty blurry bad graphics these things are flashing and fading. Twice I had two hints but when I clicked the hint "bottle' it wouldnt show me a thing but would take the hint away. I turned off the irritating music, and aftre listening to a walf howl 5,986 times in the first 15 minutes I turned off the sounds too. I didnt at all like that you had to make 4 clicks to see the map- click the journal, click the map tab, ...and then had to click twice to CLOSE the thing. Why all this bother? The cursor was clunky, the game play was jerky, froze a lot, skipped, I felt like I was fighting through the game just to play the thing. I LOVE games where you have to think but this was just too much work and too many distractions. so many irritating things just built up to where I got too fed up just trying to find the pace of the game and relax into it. It is fun to be frustrated DUE to the game, not BECAUSE of it

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Aug 7, 13 12:50 PM
In my opinion, I really liked this game. The story line was given at the very beginning, unless you are one that likes to skip dialogue, then you won't understand what you are trying to do.

HOS were different since there are morphing objects in the scene. I also was clicking on the right item, however, it did not register. Found out I had to click on a certain spot for it to accept it. It only happened one time in the beginning, so not really a big deal.

I really appreciated having a journal that did not light up like fireworks every time there was a new entry or task. However, if you go into your journal you will find tasks that you are suppose to do and if you did one of them, then it checks it off for you. Also in your journal you can check on your achievements without having to exit the game. And last, but not least, A MAP!! There are exclamation points of areas that require your attention. But once you are done with everything on that map, you end up in the Estate, which is a different map tag on the top and it will also show you by using exclamation points, where you need to be.

Not all of the mini-games were easy, so you have the option of switching to a Match 3 game. This is where your coins really come in handy. You can also use your coins to help speed up the hint button. Nice idea, by the way.

Most of all, I appreciated the fact that this is an SE game! I also appreciate the fact that many people complain about wanting something different, wanting something new, well, this is the game for you. By the way, if you do get stuck, there is a BigFish walkthrough online, just saying.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Aug 18, 13 10:09 AM
It seems to be a great game. Just started it today but there is one thing I regret : Not to know what achievements you're suppose to get.
That's very frustrating

Do you know if there is a list of the achievements somewhere ?

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Aug 23, 13 2:42 AM
..............I stumbled across this website quite by chance, looking for a decent game to buy with my credits. I saw all of the rave reviews for this game, and good heavens thanks to all you wise fishes out there in the pond I am glued to my pc. Great game graphics and story line. Once again many thanks
to you all
purplehatlady

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jul 12, 14 4:05 PM
I really wanted to like it but it was just too tedious. Incomplete instructions on puzzles, inept hint system, and too long to skip a puzzle plus things that just made no sense at all. I want my $$ back.

Go to: