fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Jul 19, 13 6:06 PM
Finished the game.......love it. Bonus play, finished................secret room, was having a ball. Got to the greenhouse, would NOT let me have the three ladybugs ( they were okay in regular play). Cannot finish. But got game and bonus done, so, oh, well.

jlroeder
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jlroeder on Jul 19, 13 7:27 PM
My game keeps freezing in the post office after I use the mystical magnifier. I have a new computer so I doubt it's my computer problem. I go back to the game and it has me starting over again with the mystical thing and then as soon as I use it it freezes again.

**After I posted the upper part**

I disabled the custom cursor and since then have had no more freezing.

Edited on 07/19/2013 at 10:05:05 PM PST

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on Jul 19, 13 9:24 PM
purplealikat wrote:I'm at the Memorial. I've completed the puzzle, the purple piece is showing but my cursor won't turn to a hand to allow me to pick it up. I can go back to any where else in the game and the cursor freely changes. I've checked my graphics and they are all up to date. Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong? HELP!!

Me too. The game worked fine up until this point although when it loaded this time it said "FPS low turning off special effects"???????

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Jul 20, 13 2:49 AM
I bought the game and got as far as putting the sun crown into the slot, only it will not go in. Driving me batty as I really like the game. Can anyone help me with this please???

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 13 4:09 AM
Hi Fishies!

fatandfrumpy - maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help?

Inanga - You could try using the hint button and placing it exactly where it indicates as sometimes the hot spots that trigger reactions are quite where you would imagine them to be. Just to let you know that if the hint flags another task/area to you, I would take care of this first and then come back to the sun crown slot, as sometimes things need to be completed in a certain order.

However, if the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Jul 20, 13 11:30 AM
griggy wrote:The slow, floaty cursor problem can be solved in the menu by turning off special effects.

Thank you for the helpful info. I was wondering if it was just me. I will try this and see if it helps. Thanks again.

aussie42pd
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by aussie42pd on Jul 20, 13 12:39 PM
cricketlau wrote:
purplealikat wrote:I'm at the Memorial. I've completed the puzzle, the purple piece is showing but my cursor won't turn to a hand to allow me to pick it up. I can go back to any where else in the game and the cursor freely changes. I've checked my graphics and they are all up to date. Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong? HELP!!

I too am having the same problem and cannot go any further...

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Jul 21, 13 2:19 PM
petrinov wrote:In regards to syringe questions: - I posted I cannot get syringe as shown in the HOP.
I am using the correct number sequence 61235784 as per the strategy guide, and still no syringe. It is supposed to show where the post it note is after entering the numbers. I uninstalled and re-installed in case it was a glitch and it still doesn't work.
What is wrong here? Is it a glitch? I'm not the only one having problems with this, and don't want to just end the game and delete it!

Anyone, someone?

I'm having the same problem. What's more, is I bought 2 games since adding the new game manager "app", and both of them have had a flaw that made it impossible to complete the game!

Campinrat
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Campinrat on Jul 21, 13 4:28 PM
SINCE I CANNOT GET A REPLY ON ANOTHER TECHINCAL ISSUE BECAUSE THE GAME IS OLDER..I HAVE THIS ONE...IT WORKS FINE..I DOWNLOADED "ESCAPE WHISPER VALLEY" AND IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO PUT IN A NAME...NO NAME...NO GAME..JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM...I HAVE WINDOWS 7 THANKS TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP.

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on Jul 21, 13 8:08 PM
you cannot go into the gas house because there is a glitch that wont let you get the gas mask off the 2 guys sitting on the front steps tied up. I had to quit at that point

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 22, 13 4:42 AM
I am having the same problem with the 'hand' at the gate of castle. Used it on the gas can, it will not go back to the proper place for further use. Cannot get it off any screen past that one screen! .

The game was running slugglish so I removed the 'custom cursor', still not responding to any speed like 'normal'. Cannot read any items in 'inventory' on the right hand side. Can travel to other places to continue game play BUT the 'fire hand' remains on screen.

I uninstalled it from the 'program c file' not the GM. Searched for game and deleted all except of course the one that has the bfg icon which I have on my 'purchase list' in favorites.

Have up to this point the memory for this game, updated, cleaned/scanned puter...not a bit of help playing. I even did a 'do over' with a different name. Still ... IMO .. this would be consider a slight 'tech issue' as a 'glitch'! ;;; game is stuck on stupid

I have all the other Mystery Trackers games, none have cause this much problems (the others are the SE version, this is first CE, so was expected nothing like this..OOOPS! ). In fact for last year or so have had no problems with any game, so far. Hope writing this does not change my

Will see if there is a 'fix', if not will requre a refund. Will also try out the SE version as sometimes it works, but will check the 'tips in forums' before doing so on this game.

Not a 'happy camper'

Lets...

FYI:...thanks for all the help..well not!...after uninstall/install (3X) ... i just gave up...then since I was of a curious nature and wanted to play game....Whoa! an new fix it update...so reinstalled game, started with new name, did not use custom cusor, etc...o.k. all going well until got to the 'fire hand'...O! NO! would not leave any screenshot after use on castle door gas can...well now not happy, so just did an exit...then that evening went back, did 'continue' on game play! BAM! the 'fire hand' had gone back to it place on the screen!...Well I never saw a game FIX ITSELF? ...LOL!

GONE TO PLAY...lets

Edited on 08/07/2013 at 12:57:45 PM PST

[Post New]by graviluv on Jul 22, 13 12:34 PM
I'm stuck at The Memorial I've completed the puzzle yet it won't let me pick up the piece I need. I've uninstalled the game and tried again, yet it still won't let me pick it up!

Campinrat
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Campinrat on Jul 22, 13 1:09 PM
Okay, since "no one" has ever had a problem with not being able to enter the name and no name means no game...may I please have a refund?? Yes, it IS NOT THIS GAME BUT THE GAME I AM REFERING TO IS OLDER AND THEREFORE "NO ONE IS READING THE POSTS. I spent the double dollArs for this game IT WORKS FINE, and would simply like to play "Escape Whisper Valley" with my nephew..some one just please tell me me HOW tO fiX the name thing. Redundantly..i am using windows 7. If there is no fix just refund it...you know you will only get it back again!
THANKS

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Jul 22, 13 4:00 PM
I finished both the game and the bonus level and am now trying to do the tree. When I get to the door that has the Lightning, I completed the puzzle and started to play the HOS and the screen freezes. I tried doing a screenshot for you but it was so froze that would not even work for me. That is the only place the game freezes for me.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Jul 22, 13 10:19 PM
petrinov wrote:In regards to syringe questions: - I posted I cannot get syringe as shown in the HOP.
I am using the correct number sequence 61235784 as per the strategy guide, and still no syringe. It is supposed to show where the post it note is after entering the numbers. I uninstalled and re-installed in case it was a glitch and it still doesn't work.
What is wrong here? Is it a glitch? I'm not the only one having problems with this, and don't want to just end the game and delete it!

Anyone, someone?

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Jul 22, 13 10:23 PM

Anyone, someone?

I finally got it. I was understanding the code wrongly! If you haven't had a way to make it work, PM me and I'll tell you what I did.
gma5

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 23, 13 4:31 AM
Hi Fishies!

If you are having trouble with how the game is performing for you, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display and run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by christann1 on Jul 23, 13 8:31 AM
I would love to play this game, however; after purchasing this game, I can not log on. After purchasing the game, I hit the play button and am thrown to the "Thank you for playing" message. I have uninstalled and installed this game three times. I am SOOOOO over this. I have done the usual checks that are recommended and I still have no solution.
What the BLEEP!! is going on. This is another game paid for that I can't play!!!
Christann

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 23, 13 11:54 AM
Hello christann1,

I can definitely understand your frustration in not being able to play your game.

If you've already tried the suggestions mentioned by Baikal, the next step would be contacting our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps would be happy to take a look at this and offer some more specialized suggestions to help sort it out.

I'll keep my fins crossed that this is figured out quickly!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 07/23/2013 at 11:54:38 AM PST

[Post New]by gbstage on Jul 23, 13 1:35 PM
Same problem with the memorial puzzle. I've now tried everything that was recommended and still have the problem trying to get the purple triangle stone piece to move on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Go to: