caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Reviews for League of Light: Dark Omens Collector's Edition

[Post New]by caput on Aug 3, 13 3:16 PM
Just finished the game and thought it was one of the best I have ever played. Really clear objectives, great jump map and interesting plot and characters. I was so sorry to come to the end of it and really hope the developers come out with more games of this caliber.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Aug 12, 13 6:05 AM
I think everyone has said most of what I wanted to say. A very very good game. I don't review very often but felt this game needed mentioning especially for the excellent graphics. In my opinion one of the best producers of graphics.

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Aug 12, 13 3:10 PM
A LITTLE MORE THAN HALF WAY THROUGH the main game, I am finding it very entertaining (which is the whole point, right?). I still appreciate good HOs , assembling things, collecting small things for achievements. So this one is great for all that. Graphics are excellent, Puzzles and plenty of mini and mini-mini games (within HOS) that are VARIED, occasionally challenging and not too hard for an experienced senior citizen. I am glad I got the CE. Great job, developers.

[Post New]by quanah1953 on Aug 17, 13 9:30 PM
Id LOVE this game if I didnt get nearly ALL the way through it and then I cant finish it due to the fact that there arent ANY actions left to do, even though there definately is. Even on the map, there isnt ANY actions or places to go that are left so I can finish the game. All the other Gamefish games Ive done..and there are a LOT of them, work fine!!!

godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Reviews for League of Light: Why do they cut the demo SO short???

[Post New]by godfreygirl on Sep 8, 13 9:32 AM
I'm thinking this is a pretty good game....but I don't like it much when they offer a 60 minute trial and then cut it off after 22 minutes!!! I now have 38 minutes left to play. I might like this and buy it but when this happens....and it's happened in several other games too....I won't buy it JUST for that reason. I don't see the reasoning for this. What does it matter if you give us the FULL 60 minutes trial?? I could have seen more of the game and it would not have spoiled anything or given me too much of it to buy it. Come on guys!!!! WHY not give us the FULL 60 minutes on these games?????

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:Reviews for League of Light: Why do they cut the demo SO short???

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 11, 13 6:45 PM
godfreygirl wrote:I'm thinking this is a pretty good game....but I don't like it much when they offer a 60 minute trial and then cut it off after 22 minutes!!! I now have 38 minutes left to play. I might like this and buy it but when this happens....and it's happened in several other games too....I won't buy it JUST for that reason. ~snipped for space~

@godfreygirl Just so you know, the Free Trial may be 1 Hour or as in this case a "Sample" which is by definition limited to a certain point of progress, no matter if it only takes 22 minutes. Hopefully you reconsidered not purchasing -- this is a terrific (and very long) game.

It is complex in structure but the navigation and inventory usage felt relaxed and logical. That sweet "awe gee" moment with the griffons was amazing.

The graphics are exceptional, the story excellent, and the playing it was simply alot of fun! If I had one wish, it would be for more music and environmental sounds. But as it stands, this is my favorite of 2013.

Go to: