Re:Reviews for Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition

[Post New]by budgiepoodle on Jul 28, 13 4:22 PM
I really liked this game. The characters had personality. I especially liked Catherine. The only issue was that some of the HO were a little fuzzy. I'd give it 4-1/2 stars!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jul 28, 13 8:06 PM
Another fants CE, is BFG still on half price sale? Great graphics, easy to play HOP, mini puzzles, interactive map (I didnt see any collectibles, so those that found morphing objects pls let me know whether there are any)

Bonus, includes wallpapers, moves, bonus chapters

WHAT R U WAITING for?

BUY BUY BUY

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Jul 29, 13 12:24 PM
I have to agree with those who liked this game. I tried the demo and it wasn't bad - especially with a half-price sale. I got both the "Deep" and "Cobra" games. Both were enjoyable and made for a fun, relaxing weekend. "Cobra" was much better than I expected. No collectablles except for the rune symbols that add commentary and history to your journal. But it was engrossing. Thank heavens for the jump-map - lots of back and forth. I always found little areas I missed the first time when I didn't have needed items in my inventory. My only complaint was that I don't see how you can get all achievements - two were mah jong related and two were HOS related, so you could only get one or the other.

I really enjoyed the game and the heroine was feisty. Tonight I can finish the bonus chapter which is quite fun as well.

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jul 29, 13 3:48 PM
Hey, I never do reviews. This game is beautiful and just awesome to play. I loved the story and the characters. These dev's deserve five stars, and they are getting them from me.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 29, 13 7:31 PM
Not bad, but not good. What others said. I do like a lockable inventory which is a plus for me. I like having a map. But I hate the fact that you can't play a full hour especially when it's not that great. Won't be buying

stoN_Cold
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by stoN_Cold on Jul 30, 13 11:14 AM
Tammy735 wrote:The game is good except when you get to the puzzle in the warehouse. There is an arrow button missing and no way to put one in, whether your inventory is locked or not. Now I'm stuck and no way to go any further.

Me too, & what to do?

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 1, 13 12:16 AM
Good Basic Game, NOT A CE

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Despite a nice start, it is immediately obvious that this game is going to be pretty basic. The cut scenes are good, the voiceovers are great. But there is something in the no frills interface and menu page that tell you this is not going to have bells or whistles, and it doesn’t. Nice that it is set in India.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
The artwork in the game itself is pretty tatty I thought. While the (many) cut scenes have a nice flow, and imaginative characters that are very well drawn (and yes, the guys are better looking than ‘we’ are – now THAT’S different!), the rest is rough around the edges. No noticeable ambiance, but the music was pretty good to listen to.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
That’s the question, what IS happening? The story is complex and intriguing. Boyfriend sends you away so he can concentrate all his energies into finding some artefact with the usual scary legend behind it. But the moment he disappears, you rush back to help his friend to find him.

Someone seems to want you dead, there are ghostly apparitions, undead beings and untrustworthy associates. The full story on this one is already something I really want to find out about, and it promises to be a busy adventure finding out.

MAKING PROGRESS
Very uninspired game play here. I felt there was a leaning towards simple, sometimes quite unusual, puzzles over HO scenes. The HOs are standard interactive lists. The map is interactive and acts as a transporter. Hint is directional. There is an incredible amount of things to do in each location, and this may be the game’s saving grace. There is no chance of boredom, even with the predictable tasks.

BLING!
The Cryptic Disk is a gadget that works only for you and allows you to see hidden symbols. When the disk is glowing find the 4 symbols and it will reveal a page of Daniel’s (boyfriend) notes. This is a nice touch for getting the necessary back story to understand what’s going on.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
More than average activity in each location and an engaging story save an otherwise very ordinary game, but it is still not a CE worthy game. (CE extras are basic – gallery, SG, bonus chapter).

I will be recommending the SE version when it is released.

I do not recommend this game!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Aug 3, 13 12:59 PM
Wonderful game with a good story. The actors voices were quite pleasant to listen to.

Excellent Transport/Action Available Map.

Nice clear graphics. This game has a good mixture of puzzles and HO Scenes.

I didn't miss having to collect items and look for morphing objects. It enabled me to better concentrate on the game.

The bonus game was a nice change of pace. The SE version will get a good ending, but the Bonus Game really takes the game a step further.

[Post New]by Casual007 on Aug 11, 13 8:17 AM
Based on completed game.

I am astonished to find this game not right up there at the top. I really enjoyed it. The game holds good pace throughout and has an excellent ending and a well thought-out bonus chapter.

Details:

2 modes - Casual and Advanced (basically, Glints or no glints)

Story - We play as Catherine in search of our love Daniel. I dont want to give away much. See for yourself.

Characters - Awesome Characters with excellent voiceovers. The heroine has humour and spunk. The men are handsome hunks.

Time - I took around 4.5 hours with the main plot. The bonus had me engaged for more than an hour and I am not really a very slow player.

Extras - The extras are a disappointment. I expected more than basic stuff, wallpaper, music, concept etc. Lack of Achievements and Collectibles were a concern.(Personally, I Don't like Morphing objects) The lack of achievements did keep me focused on the game. I did love the bonus movies but would love the devs to add more stuff to the extras esp playback of the cutscenes in the game.

Rating - 4.5(-0.5 for the lack of achievements)

Main Story :
I played the demo couple of weeks ago and I was confused about buying. luckily when I went over to my friend's house, found that she had bought it. So I sat an played through. I was amazed to find the story become even more engrossing after the demo limit.(Thats unnatural).

Really loved the little papers littered throughout the place giving more backstory. The whole plot with its world-building and history may be a bit too much for some people, But I dearly loved it and lapped it up. What can I say, Really love Complicated stuff.

Some HOs were very average but others were excellent. There are some simple puzzles especially at the start but lot more complicated and fun stuff later on.

Bonus:

The bonus was less dark probably being at dawn. Loved the full bonus. The HOs were definitely better in the CE version. The puzzles were good too. The story gets a satisfactory ending in the main plot but the CE elevates it.

Play the game without prejudice and an open mind. Get ready for some complexity and to collect paper bits.

I definitely recommend this. Some people might prefer the SE but I would say, get the CE(Hope for a BFG sale).

I recommend this game!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 21, 13 4:21 PM
I was surprised by so many negative reviews. I agree with all the positives. My biggest complaint would be the HOS (of course!!), but in this case it wasn't just the number of them - which there are MANY!! (especially in the Bonus Chapter), but some of the objects are just way toooo hard to spot, even with a hint, I had to squint my eyes to see it. Other than that, I thought the graphics were fine, the music O.K., the story good and the map helpful. So all in all,

feenix

[Post New]by Megilu on Aug 3, 14 4:33 AM
I enjoyed the full version, BUT the Bonus version is causing me a problem. I have all the HOS but the bottle of wine will not fill the wine glass.. So frustrating, as I can't continue with the bonus section.Can anyone help me with the bottle of wine and glass.The bottle just won't fill the wine glass...Grrrr Thanks

Go to: