Thanks Russ I'm off to do the green truth picture, missed that one
LK

hftablv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon forum

[Post New]by hftablv on Apr 21, 09 3:05 PM
Hey, I'm hoping it's just the anesthesia from my surgery and I really haven't just gone dumb! I just went back and checked every painting and every piece in Irina's office and cannot find where the green truth puzzle is. It's not included in the walk thru so any help would really be appreciated!
LK

ozflower
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ozflower on Apr 21, 09 5:07 PM
Why can't I see the Japanese tile puzzle in the well room? Walkthrough says to open panel on the floor, but the only panel I can see plunges me into the depths and 'does me in' if I touch it.
SCREECH..thought I might be almost nearly at the end and now I'm stuck yet again.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 21, 09 5:11 PM
You aren't allowed to see the puzzle. That's the point. You get to turn round afterwards and see what you've created when you follow the instructions correctly.

The panel lid says "Don't turn back". Once you've opened it, you have to do the puzzle blind.

Edited on 04/22/2009 at 7:51:50 AM PST

[Post New]by princessnurse1 on Apr 21, 09 10:39 PM
allensbabee13 wrote:Ok, I'm a newbe. Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to write the blood samples correctly?? I'd sure appreciate it!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 22, 09 12:18 AM
princessnurse1 wrote:
allensbabee13 wrote:Ok, I'm a newbe. Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to write the blood samples correctly?? I'd sure appreciate it!!

Are you testing first time or second time?
Assuming first and you've done the exemplars (807 to 810 so you know what you're matching against), you only need to click on the blood type boxes for 811 to 814.
I don't know if you can cheat with this and select a box for a sample that you haven't tested.

Edited on 04/22/2009 at 12:20:58 AM PST

ozflower
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ozflower on Apr 22, 09 1:20 AM
Mr Russ - I'm feeling stupid because I still don't understand. How can I do the puzzle? What can I click on to do anything? The walkthrough says: -
Turn around and pull the lever on the floor. The gate drops. The panel on the floor opens with the words - Don't look back. If you do turn around, you die. The skull across the abyss shows the pattern of the tile puzzle on the floor.
I've done that and can see the puzzle pattern.. then the walkthrough says: -

Open the panel on the floor. See a Japanese tile puzzle.

The puzzle is made out of tiles or squares. Clicking on the tile cycles to white, gray and black tiles.

Above and left are black numbers which means the number of black tiles present. If the number is on top, that shows the number for the column. If the number is on the left side, it means the number for that row.
etc etc..but I don't see any way of doing this.
Any help very much appreciated.

DUH..sorry, disregard the above...the penny dropped and I have it.

Edited on 04/22/2009 at 1:30:47 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 22, 09 4:28 AM
That's good.

> The skull across the abyss shows the pattern of the tile puzzle on the floor.

After the fact!

Just to expand on this for anyone else - if you open the panel then turn round and look at the pattern before you solve it, you're dead.

Edited on 04/22/2009 at 12:47:16 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 22, 09 4:41 AM
hftablv wrote:Hey, I'm hoping it's just the anesthesia from my surgery and I really haven't just gone dumb! I just went back and checked every painting and every piece in Irina's office and cannot find where the green truth puzzle is. It's not included in the walk thru so any help would really be appreciated!
LK

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. There is a poster on a wall with a rather large period in the middle of it. Some of the letters in the text are in green. You have to put the compass point on the period and draw a circle so that it touches all 5 green letters.

Does that help?

hftablv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hftablv on Apr 22, 09 11:04 AM
Hey, that was the illumination puzzle and I had already done that one. I guess the game dislikes me! Thanks for trying.
Lorrie

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 22, 09 12:18 PM
Did you solve the first three acrostics in the Book of the Apocalypse? [That's probably yes: I think you may have had to do that when she was alive]
Did you bother to do the kenning? [I did that though the walkthrough says you don't need to]

I think your being stuck is going to come down to something that you've not examined.

Did you look at the bust for the date of death?
Did you examine the syringe in your inventory once you'd removed it?
Did you look at the letters in blood? [There is more than one comment]
Did you look at the three 'ghosts' (the blank cards on the bookshelves for the books on the desk)?
Did you look at the empty space for the ARMA book?

Did you read all three books you took off the shelf?

> "The last thing Father said was he should look at the funeral pics closer because he thought they looked different."

Does that mean anything to you? I lifted it from someone else's post. They were stuck at the same place.

Edited on 04/23/2009 at 5:55:09 AM PST

hftablv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hftablv on Apr 23, 09 2:44 PM
Hey, I went back and did the whole room over and was still stuck. Then I remembered what you said about the funeral picture, so I opened the book and took another look at it. I found a third inscription that I had missed all the other times. Then I was able to finally leave!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for the help and patience
Lorrie

hftablv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hftablv on Apr 25, 09 7:14 PM
Hi, I actually made it through the darkroom without any problems but now I know I'm supposed to give Luana something so she will show me the path but I checked the walkthrough and it said to look for the "print by the water", I can't remember there being any water. Any help would as always be appreciated.
Lorrie

Welcome to Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon forum

[Post New]by CafeLatte7 on Apr 27, 09 2:26 AM
I'm having a hard time in Martha's/Maria's dark room with the developing of the picture. I've consulted the walkthrough on this and I get it up on the line, enlarge it and back on the line, see the picture on the line, but then it turns black. What am I doing wrong and why can't I look at the picture?

Edited on 04/27/2009 at 2:29:09 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 27, 09 5:14 AM
Your timing is off on one of your developer steps. I suggest that you use the second hand of your watch for the 12 seconds, 7 seconds, 7 seconds that developing and fixing takes.

[Post New]by CafeLatte7 on Apr 27, 09 1:21 PM
Yea i had that but what i WASN'T doing was taking the print from the enlarger and putting it in the trays...DUH and DER lol....thanks

[Post New]by jani54 on Apr 29, 09 10:51 PM
I need help on how to save my game...it won't let me save it and I have to start over...can anyone help me solve this problem

[Post New]by KodaAddie on May 4, 09 8:11 PM
Can anyone help me? I am so stuck. I have aleady checked out Janos's room and I went to see the gypsy and she is telling me that it is not time yet for her to show me the path of the dragon. In my objectives it says to check out Janos's room and figure out who my friends and enemies are. I have no idea what I could have possibly missed. I have looked at everything in Janos's room too. Is there something I am missing? Help!

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on May 11, 09 9:12 PM
hftablv wrote:Hey, I'm hoping it's just the anesthesia from my surgery and I really haven't just gone dumb! I just went back and checked every painting and every piece in Irina's office and cannot find where the green truth puzzle is. It's not included in the walk thru so any help would really be appreciated!
LK

It's not in her office, it's in the first room of the library ... a box on top of a pedestal ... green truth puzzle is over it ... solve to get combination to open the box.

Edited on 05/11/2009 at 9:19:02 PM PST

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on May 11, 09 9:18 PM
hftablv wrote:Hi, I actually made it through the darkroom without any problems but now I know I'm supposed to give Luana something so she will show me the path but I checked the walkthrough and it said to look for the "print by the water", I can't remember there being any water. Any help would as always be appreciated.
Lorrie

Have you talked with Luana? She will show you a new path (not THE path, yet) and mention water.

Go to: