ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

Re:TGT: The Mysterious City: Cairo

[Post New]by ghost777 on Mar 6, 09 9:31 AM
Must agree here .it is not worth my monthly game pass.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Mar 6, 09 10:07 AM
I started game, immediately switched to windowed because that's the way I like to play games, got into the game and realized I needed full screen. When I tried to put it back to full screen, it hung up and I could not open the game on the task bar. TASK MANAGER didn't list it in Applications but I was able to cancel it in Processes. Will try again but from comments already, probably not one I'm interested in.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Mar 6, 09 10:13 AM
Well, I WAS excited to see another HOG, but then I read all the comments .......I'm downloading the demo right now. At least I'll have something to do for an hour IF I can last that long.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 6, 09 10:18 AM
I got the Demo but when I started the game I saw that I would have to increase my screen resolution to play this one because i could not see the bottom of the screen.

I might find this game an easy relief from "Isis" but I will not even play the Demo. I have poor eyesight and keep my res at 600X800. Most everything works at that res and I don't like changing the res back and forth all day just to play a game.

I have only had one other game that required a change in my res but I cannot recall which one it was.

I always play Full Screen except lately. For the first time ever I played "Isis" in Windowed mode so I could use my paint program to view many of the images. While in Windowed mode, I could not see all of the screen for that game and had to switch to FS to get items on the edges.

Sorry developers, maybe your next game will be a sale to me.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Mar 6, 09 10:42 AM
I played about 15 min. of the game before the screen froze up on me....this rarely happens to me with a game. I Ctr/Alt/Dlt to get out several times and it wouldn't work and then finally hit the Esc. button.....??? I just uninstalled the game.
I Probably wouldn't have bought it from the 15 min. of play time I got.. just your basic HOG, but hard to say what the rest of the game had to offer, I didn't feel like dealing with any more problems with the game.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Mar 6, 09 12:09 PM
Is this by the same people who did Mysterious City: Golden Prague???
Don't think I will even demo, then, especially with from my 2 favorite reviewers.

[Post New]by tikigirl_va on Mar 6, 09 1:02 PM
It's nice to see so many agree with me. I tried the demo for 30 minutes and finally said - YUCK. Boring. Hope that BF gets us HO fiends a REAL game soon.

Amy

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Mar 6, 09 2:51 PM
I played half the demo and deleted. I was disappointed that this one made it through the Big Fish tests.

I found several glitches during my thirty minutes of play. I clicked on an unavailable level and the game shut down. During the “find the silhouette level”, I found all the items and the game didn’t move on. I decided to try a hint and clicked like mad trying to hit on the object the game wanted. I finally found it after using three hints and the game moved on. In one level, I clicked on the correct item several times; but the game wouldn’t accept it until I used a hint to find the same item.

I found it silly that a time penalty for using hints was there for the relaxed mode. The description list for the items was strange. I don’t know if this was a translation issue or what.

Again, very disappointed that Big Fish didn’t find these things that I found in just thirty minutes.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Mar 6, 09 3:24 PM
What a disappointment. I agree this game is boring, boring, boring. The story is flat and many of the items are too tiny for my old eyes. And since when is untimed mode timed with penalties for using hints? Dumb idea.

I think game developers have to now realize that the gauntlet was thrown down by the Mystery Case Files games. Gamers are now expecting that kind of quality in a game and although I think it will be tough to outdo Ravenhearst, MF and RTR developers should take their lead from these wonderful engaging games if they are creating a HOG/Strategy style game. This one fell very short and like many I deleted the demo after only 10 minutes. Sorry, guess I'm spoiled!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 6, 09 3:33 PM

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Mar 6, 09 7:45 PM
Well, I remembered that I wasn't overly impressed by "Mysterious Cities rague", but, as a life-long, dedicated Egyptophile (hey, my daughter recognized Tutankhamen, unprompted, in a museum bookstore at 3!) I figured I would give this a try. The ONLY reason I lasted the full 60 minutes is that the "story" was set in Egypt and I got to see some good screenshots of places I will most likely never get to visit. Boring, boring, boring, AND some of the descriptions were, shall we say, difficult? A "picket" turns out to be a stake, and "jug" came up repeatedly, meaning different things every time.

All in all, not a BAD game, and one that, three years ago, I would probably have bought, for the location if nothing else. But in the final analysis, just not up to today's standards. Too bad, guess I'll go back to SOI.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Mar 7, 09 10:58 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for The Mysterious City: Cairo. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by holycowharry on Mar 7, 09 11:11 AM
Basic and boring!

[Post New]by deekahn on Mar 7, 09 2:32 PM
I don't usually send in comments but I love reading everyone's evaluations. I just had to say something about all the spelling errors and misidentification of objects in this game. I thought it was poorly written and they needed a spell checker. I hoped that BF would be more discretionary.

I loved reading the reviews and most of the games.

Edited on 03/12/2009 at 5:03:06 PM PST

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 7, 09 8:53 PM
this game made my eyeballs bleed

[Post New]by naughtynana2001 on Mar 8, 09 4:24 PM
Has anyone had trouble with game not saving their progress? I've gotten to day 6, but every time I go in to play again, at a later time, I'm all the way back to day 2..This is new to me, so am I doing something wrong? I do notice that there is no "Help" button on this game.

Thanks

[Post New]by AsiyaW on Apr 6, 09 1:57 PM
I enjoyed this game UNTIL the 57th level. Now if you use a hint or miss 1 you have to go back to level 50 and redo. (and one of those is so hard...It is a pool of koi fish you have to put together ) And the next level gives you like 2 minutes to find all the objects and if you don't...which I haven't...I have to go back and redo all past ones back to 50. I can get thru them in about 10 minutes minus the koi one and that one takes time. Can't wait to see if I can get past this level and move on. Good Luck to anyone else that bought this

Go to: