cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

Re:Forest Legends: The Call of Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 4, 13 7:05 AM
Wow! I am very impressed with the work that went into making a totally different kind of game for these Devs. Very good job Devs and please do more of your games like this. It is great to play a game that does not feel the need to rely on HOS's to move the game along. These Devs surprise me with each new game they put out. If you like adventure then you will like this game and it does not do a bunch of hand holding so you at times have to really think about what to do next.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 4, 13 1:37 PM
Valdy wrote:I just finished the game, and am very happy I bought the CE. The game was not too long but long enough, and gameplay was just pure fun. I kept expecting a HOS around each corner where I saw sparklies, but there never were any.

The info below is about the bonus game (which I enjoyed very much), so if you don't want to know what it contains, don't read...

SPOILER ALERT Hover over with the cursor to see text: The bonus game was quite long as well, and told the story of the girl's mother, and how the girl came to be taken from her home. Again, snakes and monster (i.e. snakes) are also in this game. There are also 20 more documents to be found in the bonus game. END OF SPOILER ALERT

Big ditto to that Valdy. I am really loving this game. Will be sorry to have it end.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 4, 13 7:42 PM
Wow! If I designed a game, it would be this one! Even though Eveline is very young, I totally related to her - loving her cat collection and her paintings. I collect cats, too. And once, in a creative writing class, I wrote a sci-fi story about a race of cat people, and my heroine was a woman who was rescued by one, and subsequently fell in love with him. So I don't find the romance here off-putting or unnatural at all!

LOVE the fact there are no HOS!!! Thank you, Devs! The puzzles I've encountered so far have been doable with some thought, though the one on the healer's house about drove me nuts before I figured it out.

Everything is imaginative and beautifully done. The forest is gorgeous! (And I'd love to have a bed like hers, LOL.) The music is ethereal and lovely. I do not find the voices annoying or anything, and like Aurelio's accent. I could do without the pet dragon, but since I don't do hints, he just sits there, anyhow.

I'm normally not crazy about fairy tale based games, but this one hits all my good hot buttons, and I love it. And the sale was right on time!!

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Aug 4, 13 8:23 PM
Valdy wrote:--- --- ---SPOILER ALERT
*quote snipped to avoid showing spoiler*
Valdy, thank you so much for this information! I have been teetering back and forth about whether to buy this game and you just helped me make up my mind not to get it. I have VERY severe phobias of the two things you mentioned in your spoiler alerts, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to find any adventure-type games that don't have them in it. I am sick to death of all these developers who think that every game must be loaded with them. In case no one has told them yet, there are other creatures and objects in this great big world of ours besides those two creatures. Every game I get is ruined by them popping up everywhere. grrrrr! I had such high hopes for this one since it is a true adventure game. I was really hoping that the lack of HOs would keep me from having to deal with any of them. I can't believe I finally get an adventure game and I won't get to play it. I just can't win.

Anyway, thanks again for the information. I really wish more people would put that information in their reviews or posts for those of us who have severe phobias of these two horrible creatures.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Aug 5, 13 11:48 AM
Glad that I always check the forum before downloading. No H0S, no demo for me.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 5, 13 1:47 PM
I purchased this CE during the sale, but I have to say, would have paid full price, because I just LOVED IT !!!

For me, this game was full of enchantment, a magical enviorment that just took my breath away, was so FUN to play, with a story that was so engaging, I just got lost in this beauty, and the excitment of seeing the next creative wonder, from these developers, moving from scene to scene, lasted throughout the entire game.
I don't know about anyone elses computer, but the visuals on mine, were definitely a feast for the eyes, so BEAUTIFUL.
And since I do have a strange affinity, for mischievous creatures ( well good or bad )..lol, this game was right up my alley, street, parking lot, you name it, it had all of the things, that make my heart all warm and fuzzy .
I know some fishie's were happy with no H0'S, for me personally, if this had some, it would have made it a perfect game for me, that was the ONLY thing, I missed.
I'm not saying it had to be loaded with them, a balance can be done, but I still loved every second, playing this one.
AND Aurieo...be still my heart, those eye's can turn on the heat, in my fantasy land anytime ...don't really care if he is a were cat, bob cat , tom cat...lol .
Really didn't understand the negative comments, but that is life, to each his own, for me, and just MHO....AWESOME game, keep making them and I will keep buying them .

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 6, 13 3:41 AM
Just an FYI... Anne McCaffrey (of Pern fame) wrote a series of books that "starred" a race of cat people that mingled with humans, if you know what I mean. *wink wink nudge nudge* The first one is called "Freedom's Landing"

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Aug 7, 13 4:11 PM
I've only just started the game but what I don't get, sorry fellow US fishies, is the Americanisation of a fantasy game world. Meeting on a "date" in a fantasy world? The way the characters spoke to each other was more downtown central 2013 than I would imagine, given the story line. For me it takes away the romance and imagination of games like this.
I do think the language used in games should reflect the world that they are set in. Reminds me of another game set in the 1800's where the father was referred to as "Dad".
Don't think Anne Mc Caffrey would have her characters talking like that!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 9, 13 3:42 PM
I have to say that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this game and the storyline is VERY BELIEVABLE; however, the bonus play stopped short of revealing exactly what happened to the werecat carrying the baby.

An early note in the beginning of the game explains how the baby was found but also appears to infer that it was not the same hunter who mortally wounded the werecat; so it begs the question -- so how did the werecat become mortally wounded?

The game play was easy to follow due to several factors:

*the map is interactive and not only informs you as to where you can perform tasks but you can jump to said area(s)

*as long as you read the notes and the messages above the areas wherein you need to perform future tasks, you'll pretty much instantly know what to do with a newly acquired inventory item

*you DON'T have to hold onto any inventory item for what seems like an eternity before using it/them allowing the possibility of forgetting where to use it/them

*each inventory item is labelled but BE CAREFUL as I've noticed a few times that I ALREADY had an item in my inventory and didn't know when nor how it ended up in my inventory so check it frequently

*the dragon hint works very well and recharges quickly BUT you can recharge him faster if you feed him the glowing yellow balls that are floating about in certain areas AND you can return to an area where you saw the glowing ball WHILE you're also following his directions as to where to go and do next AND he'll also highlight the inventory item you need to use; there were a couple of areas that the map didn't clarify the EXACT area wherein a task needed to be done

*the potions are EXTREMELY easy to find (don't even need to worry about what to look for) and to make as once the pot is filled with the necessary items, the pot will activate and as long as you follow the WRITTEN instructions (NOT the diagram), you won't have any problems. HOWEVER I did find myself stumped with the 1st arrow as to how to cut an item (start from the other end of the arrow) because it did NOT want to allow me to do the cutting; FORTUNATELY, there is a "skip this step" at the top of the screen and so I did and from that point on, I never had the problem again.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 9, 13 4:28 PM
Wow! What a fantastic game from ****!! The length was great & the graphics were clear and colorful!!! Loved the story line too!!!! I have nothing but high praise for this one. And WOW, the bonus chapter was very, very long! All & all this game is great & well worth the CE.....I hope you buy & enjoy this as much as I did!!!!!

Go to: