cjmajor49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Reviews for Forest Legends: The Call of Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cjmajor49 on Aug 4, 13 6:37 PM
The girl in this game is a real "Drama Queen". She's too syrupy sweet to the point of nausea. I think Aurelio may be truly trying to get away from her. The game seem to be rather slow when changing scenes. Maybe as a SE, but not as a CE.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 5, 13 3:34 AM
Another great CE, I am not sure whether there were any morphing objects or collectibles, but you can collect small round orbs of lights to refill the hint, which is in the form of a small CUTEsy dragon

There are just some many colorful scenery to ENJOY, and the mini puzzles are again much like staging a play, or just plain switching/sliders (although a more challenging sliders and I had to skip it).

Its FUN, colorful, with interactive map as well.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 5, 13 12:30 PM
I bought this game while the weekend offer was on, by the way thank you Big Fish, I really you, played it and really liked it. I didn't love it but I liked it.
It's a beautiful fairytale with spectacular artwork, nice and soothing music, it has a helpful map and a pretty good length.
On the other hand the game evolves with a slow pace, background sounds can be a little annoying sometimes and after you complete all your tasks in a pop up scene, the scene doesn't close automatically. The biggest drawback in this game were the repeated dialogues and, most of all, the reading texts. Diaries, diary entries, notebooks, notes, and again more notes that you have to find and way too much reading...! I'm ok with reading texts, but when a game's been constantly interrupted by them, it's something that I don't appreciate very much. This is a game dear developers, not a book.
As always, this is my personal opinion and as other players often point out, everyone should try for his/herself and see if he/she likes a game or not.

Take care all.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 5, 13 12:35 PM
AWESOME game, which lets my IMAGINATION run free, in an alternate world, that is simply STUNNING ..LOVE IT !
On my computer, the visuals are positively, just breath taking, LOVE the colors used, they are vivid and the details are just remarkable, clicking on things like the flowers etc, will give you a magical mist, or poisionous vapor, love these special touches .
This game is just PERFECT for me, as I do have a strange affinity for creatures, like belcherog's...SO COOL, and pixie's, anything enchanting like this beautiful peice of artwork has, is the type of game, that just engages me fully, and one I just LOVE playing .
The ATMOSPHERE is whimsical, magical and so enchanting, which just touches, every child within's fiber, the excitment grows with every new place to explore, waiting in anticipation, for the next creative wonder .
LOVE making the different potions, INVENTIVE idea ..and I totally enjoy their spin on making them, and how they came up with using them, in the story.
The map is useful and love the orbs, for filling the hint, and would love to adopt, my own real life baby dragon..TO CUTE, I will NEVER be to old and crotchety, to not enjoy such things..LOVE THEM .

AND Aurieo, be still my heart ..with those eye's he can turn on the heat in my fantasy land, anytime ..lol.
And they did give us a collectable, THANK YOU, there are 70 documents to collect, these are always what I want in a CE ...maybe adding a few more next time would please us even more.
Also, I am a H0G fan, so I did miss the H0 scenes, I think having some would have added to this gem, it was the only thing I missed in this game, and what would have made it PERFECT, for me anyway .
DEVELOPERS...please know that this fishie REALLY enjoyed all of the effort and hard work that had to go into, making this BEAUTY, job well done .

Please try for yourself, especially if your into magical enviorments, with COOL creatures, this game offers pure visual beauty .
Missing one ..for no H0 scenes, the rest perfect .

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 5, 13 5:21 PM
Maybe it's me, but I find this one D-O-R-K-Y. Too much talking and too many cut scenes and more talking without being able to skip. Found it very annoying.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 6, 13 2:41 PM
I am so passionate about this game, just finished the main game, and the BONUS, which was SO GOOD also, PLUS this is not a short game, had a nice L-O-N-G length, which I am a stickler about, so was very happy to see this.

I am a H0G fan, and can't belive I am saying this, but I take back what I wrote in my review about needing H0'S, in this game, it was SO GOOD, that I didn't really didn't need them, and quit frankley, didn't even notice while playing.
That is how much I was engaged in the story, and the game play, and usually I don't care much for reading in a game either, BUT the story was so good, and the information you got by reading everything, was so interesting and helpful, I made sure I read everything.
The reading became just as entertaining, as the game play, IMHO ...so sad its over .

No wonder the game was 1.7GB, I can clearly see why after finishing this BEAUTY.
Each new scene that you discovered, was so detailed with brilliant artistry, and it just went on, and on, OMG..it must of taken forever to make this game, now these developers are some VERY TALENTED people, I mean the entire team, it had to take a village, to put something like this together, THANK YOU SO MUCH .

I have to say this is now one of my all time FAVORITES, will be playing this again in the future .

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 6, 13 8:40 PM
I really enjoyed this game. A fantasy adventure is a welcome relief from the diet of gloomy HOGs we've been fed lately. I must admit I am a dyed in the wool romantic. Loved the little dragon, but I'm afraid if I got one, I would have to get a bigger house. They do tend to grow. I purchased this game during the weekend sale, and spent a long day playing it. I would definitely recommend you try it for yourself. You may enjoy it as I did. Curmudgeons need not apply. ;^)

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Aug 9, 13 11:07 AM
Lovely, romantic game with a nice story. The graphics are very well drawn and colorful.

A nice mix of puzzles and HO Scenes.

If you purchase the SE version of the game, you will get a good ending. The Bonus Game covers what happened before Eveline became an adult.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 9, 13 3:36 PM
I have to say that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this game and the storyline is VERY BELIEVABLE; however, the bonus play stopped short of revealing exactly what happened to the werecat carrying the baby.

An early note in the beginning of the game explains how the baby was found but also appears to infer that it was not the same hunter who mortally wounded the werecat; so it begs the question -- so how did the werecat become mortally wounded?

The game play was easy to follow due to several factors:

*the map is interactive and not only informs you as to where you can perform tasks but you can jump to said area(s)

*as long as you read the notes and the messages above the areas wherein you need to perform future tasks, you'll pretty much instantly know what to do with a newly acquired inventory item

*you DON'T have to hold onto any inventory item for what seems like an eternity before using it/them allowing the possibility of forgetting where to use it/them

*each inventory item is labelled but BE CAREFUL as I've noticed a few times that I ALREADY had an item in my inventory and didn't know when nor how it ended up in my inventory so check it frequently

*the dragon hint works very well and recharges quickly BUT you can recharge him faster if you feed him the glowing yellow balls that are floating about in certain areas AND you can return to an area where you saw the glowing ball WHILE you're also following his directions as to where to go and do next AND he'll also highlight the inventory item you need to use; there were a couple of areas that the map didn't clarify the EXACT area wherein a task needed to be done

*the potions are EXTREMELY easy to find (don't even need to worry about what to look for) and to make as once the pot is filled with the necessary items, the pot will activate and as long as you follow the WRITTEN instructions (NOT the diagram), you won't have any problems. HOWEVER I did find myself stumped with the 1st arrow as to how to cut an item (start from the other end of the arrow) because it did NOT want to allow me to do the cutting; FORTUNATELY, there is a "skip this step" at the top of the screen and so I did and from that point on, I never had the problem again.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Aug 9, 13 8:56 PM

SO FAR, MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME WITH BFG!!!

There is SO much gorgeous artistry and vivid imagination going on here... I truly am enjoying every single step of the way thus far.

The beginning was a tad slow as far of my warming up to it and I agree the main character's voice was a bit not to my liking, yet those are my ONLY qualms with this WONDERFUL romantic, fairytale, humorous, delightful, lovely and incredibly creative adventure game.

SFX, music, cut scenes and most voiceovers were great IMO (other than mentioned above) and the mystical creatures were NOT too cutesy... they melded perfectly with the theme. There were some funny little bits of infamous fairytales woven in... everything just so well done. I haven't finished, yet had to stop to chime in my 2 cents, lol.

So....YAY>>> My faith has been restored in casual gaming and now, ever the optimist, I'll be back to check for more like this.

SUPER HIGH FIVE KUDOS to devs and BFG on this GREAT GAME!!! Can you tell I'm enjoying it!?

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 17, 13 3:51 AM
The longer I played, the more I appreciated the high quality and artistry involved in this. The story is well written and obviously well thought out; there's a creation myth that's very well done that impressed me with how realistic it sounded. The story starts off kind of sappy but it's the typical rescue-the-loved-one that manages to involve the player and I was never bored even though this is a very long game. Beautiful graphics, interesting story, lots of tasks that never seemed tedious and a really good value for the money.

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Aug 17, 13 12:25 PM
I must be far too old for this game. I tried twice on the demo; I quit after a total of 43 minutes. It's a slobbery kiss of a game. In the back of my mind the other brain kept asking, "Are we there, yet?"
If one is keen on Harlequin Romances, then this is for you. Me? I'm more of an early Clive Cussler/ Steven King*/HPL kind of reader.
This is a no buy for this fishy.. Nehmah
*To me, Mr. King will always be Steven King; never Steve. One does not take liberties with the name of any writer.

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Aug 21, 13 6:37 PM
Wonderfully gorgeous and creative game. Despite the ease, I love it for one thing for it being a pure adventure and cloest to a pure point and click I've seen in a long time.

My only real disappointment is all the potential I saw pass by as I went through the game. The notes alone could have added hours of gameplay, and the ending felt rushed with some loose ends.

So many unique creatures, untapped potential with clickable scenery, or npcs that were barley present.(perhaps a budget issue?) I really hope to see more from this company, and if possible more of this story.

Voice acting was well done (I sweat Aurelio is the same Voice actor as the Vampire in Dracula: Love Kills, and possibly origins.)

For any true adventure fan, or for those missing a gold old point and click/pure adventure without all the ho's it's worth the buy. (For adventure vets it is easy, but it's enjoyable and a great game to play and relax).

As far as CE or not CE, personally I do think the bonus chapter is worth the extra price as it's pretty lengthy overall and fills in more storyline. However if the fact the game is easy doesn't make it feel worth the price to you personally, it's not a huge loss. I was fortunate enough to grab this during a deal, though would have still payed full.

4/5 Would have said 5/5 if not for the painfully obvious untapped potential. ;-;
~Erithan
(ignore bugged user name please)

djoneal
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Reviews for Forest Legends: The Call of Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by djoneal on Sep 17, 13 7:36 PM
While the game has some positive parts, it becomes entirely too creepy in the wrong way when you get to the mermaid is dressed with a bra top that barely covers, obvious a very sexual presentation, but then has the voice of a 4 to 5 yo little girl. I am so totally grossed out that anyone would publish this kind of presentation! Just ew!

Edited on 09/18/2013 at 7:05:42 AM PST

Go to: