Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Reviews for Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 13, 13 2:47 PM
Very nice, but I don't think it's fair to play for 35 minutes when it is suppose to be 60.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 15, 13 5:38 PM
Based on playing the full game and the bonus chapter.

Overall I enjoyed the game but it is short. I played the main game in 3 ½ hours. I did not skip any dialogue or any mini-games. I played the bonus game in 45 minutes.

The game play was enjoyable with not too many hidden object scenes. The mini-games or puzzles were about the right difficulty so they were not frustrating. The story was interesting and I really enjoyed the mechanical theme to the art work.

I’m glad I got this game but and I am also glad it was on sale because of the short length. As a CE it is not worth full price. IMHO

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 16, 13 8:06 PM
This game was just OK for me. Yes, I did buy it because of the special deal but I did skip some of the mini games, not because they were hard, I just wanted to rush thru the game so I could start a new one. Yea, I am sorry but I personally do not recommend this one ....

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 2, 13 10:09 PM
The game was ok for me but wish I had waited for the SE version as the Bonus Chapter was rather short and not that interesting.

The game played well and the only glitch was the bridge puzzle that did not work I came back to the forums and checked to see if anyone else had trouble with it and I found a couple so I un&reinstalled game and that fixed the Drawbridge puzzle

This is not the best and not the worst game and give it a out of 5

GMGL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by GMGL on Sep 3, 13 1:18 PM
Wait for the SE. Bonus chapter VERY short.

I enjoyed this game. Good graphics, interesting story, and a nice mix of puzzles and HOS (some standard junkpiles, some silhouettes.) The storyline wraps up nicely in the main game.

The bonus chapter doesn't really add much, and it's mega short. I seriously finished it in 15 minutes and only skipped one puzzle! I don't really care much about soundtracks, wallpapers, screen savers, etc, I buy CEs for the bonus gameplay, so I'm not happy that it was so short.

So I recommend this game, but don't buy the CE. It's not worth paying twice the price.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 11, 13 9:03 PM
Just finished . I liked matthew the bugs to collect were cute. The game was okay, puzzle were cool. Bonus level was kind of short.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 14, 13 9:31 AM
I really enjoyed playing Clockwork Tales , steam punk theme makes it different, so it is a breath of fresh air, instead of the same old, same old.

I loved my little crow Mathew, he was very helpful, and I just enjoy having that type of thing, in the game play, ALWAYS a bonus, for me anyway .
I thought the voice overs were spot on, really a great effort from the developers, job well done on those .
Also some of the mini's and puzzles, I really enjoyed doing, which isn't always the case, so kudo's for those as well .
The story was very entertaining, and again unique and different from the norm, so I never got bored.
AND of course I just LOVED collecting the steam bugs, they were very pretty to look at, and not the same kind over and over, they were different each time, and I liked how some of them moved, so you had to keep your eye's on alert .
I thought this was CE worthy, with the collectables and bonus play, plus you can replay H0 scenes and mini games, when the game is completed.
And there are achivements to earn as well, so I would say go for it, I totally enjoyed playing this one .
Yes the bonus game was a little short, but getting the game on sale, you can't beat the price IMHO .

Edited on 09/14/2013 at 9:34:15 AM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 27, 13 11:30 AM
I thought this game enjoyable enough, I won't go down as my favorite, but it was still fun. The voices got on my nerves, especially the girl telling Matthew every time he flew and got something "We make a great team, blah, blah, blah", The mini-games, for the most part, were enjoyable, not too hard. The only ones I skipped were the ones that bored me like turning the rings, lighting all the lights - the ones I always skip. Loved the dollhouse game. All in all, an enjoyable few hours.

feenix

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 27, 13 11:32 AM
I thought this game enjoyable enough, It won't go down as my favorite, but it was still fun. The voices got on my nerves, especially the girl telling Matthew every time he flew and got something "We make a great team, blah, blah, blah", The mini-games, for the most part, were enjoyable, not too hard. The only ones I skipped were the ones that bored me like turning the rings, lighting all the lights - the ones I always skip. Loved the dollhouse game. All in all, an enjoyable few hours.

feenix

Go to: