Social Aspect

Re:Social Aspect

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 18, 13 9:09 AM
I've been trying for 8 minutes - no joy. Oh, well, hopefully Live Chat will be able to give us a clue tomorrow about when this might happen - did you contact your neighbor via PM to see if they would be able to battle you?

happy gaming - until tomorrow!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 18, 13 9:16 AM
I've just done 10 mins and nothing. I did contact her(?) but I have heard nothing back yet. From the battles on FB it looked random. I'm pretty sure now that it is disabled for us. Hopefully CS will be able to tell us if we are ever likely to get this function

I do hope CS is open tomorrow cos I've got a ticket in with them re error code 769 on my GM and I want a fix!

[Post New]by frogmadame on Aug 18, 13 11:27 AM
ok I have sent out over 150 invitations to get neighbors and nothing. The game would be much more fun if you could actually play it. I am at level 19 and have done really nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 18, 13 5:48 PM
rumbi, haven and lady:

hey hey there.. hope you all are having a blast on the game and still loving it.

i will eventually catch up to you all, at least once i decide on a definite name i will be using and then being able to play more often. til then.....

happy gaming my friends and see you soon.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 19, 13 8:32 AM
frogmadame wrote:ok I have sent out over 150 invitations to get neighbors and nothing. The game would be much more fun if you could actually play it. I am at level 19 and have done really nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions.

I can only suggest you carry on sending out all the invitations you can and hope that you get lucky.

I've been really lucky and got another friend this morning, so that makes 2 now.

Good luck

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 19, 13 8:35 AM
burnettchic318 wrote:rumbi, haven and lady:

hey hey there.. hope you all are having a blast on the game and still loving it.

i will eventually catch up to you all, at least once i decide on a definite name i will be using and then being able to play more often. til then.....

happy gaming my friends and see you soon.

Hi Burnettchic
Yep i'm still enjoying it. I found my first little dragon in the maze today... they are so cute

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 19, 13 8:42 AM
Frogmadame,

Keep sending out invites - I've been sending out as many as possible for the last 2 weeks, and no responses, but I'm not going to quit!

Hope to see you in the game some day!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 19, 13 8:54 AM
Hi Haven

I think the problem with random friends is that a lot of them could be dead games. They may not even have played for more than 10 mins then decided it's not for them. You're bound to hit lucky soon

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 19, 13 9:11 AM
Sure hope so - by the way, how does one contact Customer Support nowadays? I no longer have a green envelope!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 19, 13 9:16 AM
It's right at the bottom of the page in really small text, just underneath the twitter logo.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 19, 13 2:34 PM
TY

[Post New]by workforwine on Aug 20, 13 9:34 AM
Wondering how one of my neighbors/friends sends out specific gift requests... anyone know how to do that?? She can ask to a specific item so I can fulfill that.
Ok, gonna write out my wish list, in case someone may have an answer.
* A way to communicate with neighbor/friend, i.e., write on their wall etc
* A REAL help feature
* A way to type in a friend/neighbor's name to invite
*Bring the Gem prices down

I'm sending out the maximum random friend requests a day so hopefully will see some of you around!!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 20, 13 11:52 AM
Still sending out invites. Most are just the generic faces but two look like actually people. They might not be playing anymore though so who knows if they will accept.

In the artifacts section where it shows what you need there is a little symbol next to the item where you can add it to your wish list.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 20, 13 1:25 PM
workforwine wrote:Wondering how one of my neighbors/friends sends out specific gift requests... anyone know how to do that?? She can ask to a specific item so I can fulfill that.
Ok, gonna write out my wish list, in case someone may have an answer.
* A way to communicate with neighbor/friend, i.e., write on their wall etc
* A REAL help feature
* A way to type in a friend/neighbor's name to invite
*Bring the Gem prices down

I'm sending out the maximum random friend requests a day so hopefully will see some of you around!!

i think i saw a tiny icon on different things when i first read a quest. sometimes i see an icon that says explore/view and then another that says shop/buy ( i think) but i do remember seeing one on something that i needed for one of the creatures, at least i think that is where i saw it.

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 20, 13 4:00 PM
You get to request a gift by hitting the green and blue backpack(?) in the collection screen, 5 if I remember right. I've done it now for 3 days and have actually received a gift. You get to give out 1 gift to each neighbor you have each day up to 100.

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 20, 13 4:04 PM
Sorry also wanted to add that you get money etc when you visit each neighbor each day. I know I need all I can get.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 21, 13 12:09 PM
LadyLavander wrote:Sorry also wanted to add that you get money etc when you visit each neighbor each day. I know I need all I can get.

free money is always a gr8 thing. lol and prezzies ain't bad either

btw: any fishie here that has got a neighbor, other than our beloved Elvira, when you do visit their land are you getting the loots? just wondered cuz i am like rumbi and think that the majority of the random peeps that we can choose from daily may not be real players. so just wondered if you get one of them and go to their land and get paid for visiting even if they do not play anymore or often.

Edited on 08/21/2013 at 12:12:28 PM PST

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 21, 13 12:32 PM
I somehow lucked out and currently have 5 neighbors aside from Elvira. Only one of those is from sending out invites. The rest of them actually sent me invitations, so I guess I must be in the pool of choices.

To answer your question, yes, I get stuff for going to each of their places every day, except the one neighbor I have who is "sleeping". I don't know how long the neighbor has to be inactive before they go to sleep. There is a button there that says "Wake up", but when I click it nothing happens, and I can't go to their land. I can send them gifts though, but of course I never get anything back from them.

Oh, and I have been regularly sending out all 10 random invites daily every since Aug 5 I think, or something like that... so I am also really surprised that I still have only gotten one response.

Edited on 08/21/2013 at 12:33:51 PM PST

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 21, 13 2:01 PM
spocalina wrote:I somehow lucked out and currently have 5 neighbors aside from Elvira. Only one of those is from sending out invites. The rest of them actually sent me invitations, so I guess I must be in the pool of choices.

To answer your question, yes, I get stuff for going to each of their places every day, except the one neighbor I have who is "sleeping". I don't know how long the neighbor has to be inactive before they go to sleep. There is a button there that says "Wake up", but when I click it nothing happens, and I can't go to their land. I can send them gifts though, but of course I never get anything back from them.

Oh, and I have been regularly sending out all 10 random invites daily every since Aug 5 I think, or something like that... so I am also really surprised that I still have only gotten one response.

can i say i am jealous? lol gratz on the neighbors and also ty for the info. and not sure what to say bout the sleepy one, keep us posted.

edited @ 10pm CST - i just got my first neighbor!!!! wheeeee.. so for those that have not gotten one yet, just keep sending out the invites, i think i just got lucky, but i am still sending out the randoms so that i may hopefully get a few of you all as well.

Edited on 08/21/2013 at 8:20:00 PM PST

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 22, 13 8:30 AM
I've gotten a neighbor who is in Hong Kong and she has sent back gifts so this part works. One of my new neighbors is not very active but has not gone to sleep yet, interesting, I wonder how long it takes? Does it send a message via BF messages or does it actually send them an e mail to come play the game? I forget to check my BF Messages so others probably do as well. Anyway it's fun sharing with others. Thank you BF.

Go to: