Re:Post any Fort Defense technical issues here only

[Post New]by Willowwind69 on Aug 31, 13 10:25 PM
Same problem as the others with the phantom ships going through. They aren't even coming from a direction that they could get through (only enemy on other side of screen). Current issue is Arctic Ocean 2-11 Level 4 where no matter what you lose 2 to entering the castle. Very frustrating.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 1, 13 3:57 AM
Its a lot of levels for me.just now it is
Arctic/Normal/level 2.
played it 9 times and just before the end and last wave 6....Ping
and not a single item anywhere near the gate
No response from reporting it and noone coming back to us on this one.
I dont play to just complete,I play to get 3 shields on every level
Really annoying
I have upgraded just about all their is to upgrade now.
Got a good techniqe going which always takes a while with these games and now cannot complete no matter what i do

please sort it.

wendy

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Sep 5, 13 11:05 PM
i tried to download the demo but when i clicked on my game manager it says "You can't open the application GameManager because it is in the trash". No idea how it got into the trash but when i restore it from trash and re-download same thing happened

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 7, 13 11:34 AM
why has this issue of phantom ships lowering the score not been addressed or at least a comment on here been made?
the Game is unpayable to those that only play to get 100% score.
at least let us know the problem has been acknowledged and they are working on it
I am wasting my time earning barrels on previous levels and trying the arctic levels when at least 2 ships scores are taken off when nothing is anywhere near the gate.
Its been prooved by You Tube vdeos showing quite clearly that points are deducted with no ships anywhere near the gate area.
Come on guys talk to us and respond at least
is it being fixed or is there something we are missing or what!!!
very disspointing

wendy

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 11, 13 3:30 PM
Well by avoiding using any smaller guns and the green poison upgrade on them I have managed to complete every level with 3 shields apart from 3
2 are Normal level 16 looses 3 hearts on the first wave,and level 13 loses 2 on the last wave.
Lost count of the number of tiems I have now redone these levels.
all tactics and I get a red flash every time at exactly the same time well away from the Gate.
I have never been so frustrated with a Game before. Lol
Completed all the other defense Games eventually and those Invisible guys were tough!
No response from Big Fish to even confirm it is a Bug or if it is a Game Play type thing to overcome in some way.
Thought I had it wiht not using the green Poison Gun as that let me complete 2 other levels that were doing the same thing
but Nope.
Has anyone else completed all levels and if they got the Ghsot Ship thing was it just a question of redoing that level over and over till it let you do it?

wendy

azzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by azzie on Jun 20, 14 4:53 PM
Any word on if or when the Mac version will be fixed so we can play the easy and medium levels? I've managed to make it (with three stars on each level) up to 2-9 but I can't get any further.

I did replay level one after completing 1-20 and gained the extra 100 barrels which helped tremendously - but only getting 20 barrels per level and nothing more - not being able to replay levels for barrels -- doesn't make it playable.

So... any ideas on if/when these issues will be fixed for Mac users?

nobodyz
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Big Fish Games Is Taking A Big Risk

[Post New]by nobodyz on Aug 9, 14 7:42 PM
cherbtoo wrote:When I downloaded this game to try it I got ...

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsft Visual C + + 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup software package.

Please resolve the following:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

... Am I really expected to uninstall the latest version and download an older one in order to play this game? .

ETA ...

I just closed the above notification down but when I went to uninstall the game I saw that it had installed OK and so I clicked on the Play button and have had no problems playing it and have now bought it.

I'm glad the above poster was able to make the game work. However, I was not, following exactly what the poster did.

Big Fish Games is UNIQUE from all other gaming platforms I've seen (and that's a moit of them) in that it carries games that are adaptable for computers from at least Microsoft Windows XP and up.

This oddness of not having the "right" version of a background program used (Visual Studio by Microsoft) would not be a problem were there a link offered that worked! Or even checked your computer to see what you have already.

Since it's unusable for me (windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 Dual Core) it's a completely useless game.

I hope, Please! I hope that this is not a direction Big Fish Games intends to take. If it does (shrug) I'll be forced, like it or not, to seek out a different game platform.

That would be sad since I've bought, oh, at least FIFTY games from Big Fish. Please guys, don't be like the other irresponsible companies out there who refuse to support their programs simply because time has gone by.

Thanks for listening.

mcf1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by mcf1 on Aug 14, 14 4:48 PM
Having huge problems with Artic levels 13-16 where lives are being lost when ships are destroyed NO WHERE NEAR the castle. Lives are primarily being lost on the outer channels on the top and bottom of the game. Know this has been reported multiple times. Is there a fix? It is impossible to finish the game as a result.

zmiller
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by zmiller on Aug 22, 14 4:37 PM
I'm playing Artic and its just keeps on freezing up on me at every level. I lose barrels and its getting real hard to play any more. Does anyone know what happening?

Go to: