SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 13 4:11 PM
I'm afraid the glass cutter issue does sound like a legit bug - I found a similar one while playing an unfinished version of the game for the guide: if you still had the pestle for the bone powder in your inventory at the time of playing a HOP with a pestle in it, your inventory pestle disappeared. (This issue was fixed, though.) I think something similar is happening with the glass cutter. I'd have to go and replay the game to check if this is the case, but it sure sounds like it.

prochef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by prochef on Aug 17, 13 4:44 PM
I really like this game and would buy it, but there is something wrong with the voices. I can hear the music just fine, but when the people talk, it doesn't make any sound or it sounds like they are whispering very softly. Also, the cursor is very slow and jerky and does not respond. I had to click several times on something before it would respond. What is wrong?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 13 5:05 PM
Re the glass cutter issue: yes this is definitely a bug. I played to this point again and the glass cutter you need for the crystal disappears if you still have it in your inventory at the time you play the 'reverse' HOP downstairs that also has a glass cutter in it.

Until this is fixed you can bypass it by making sure you get the crystal as soon as you find the glass cutter. (But you have to start a new game to get there.)

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 5:07:46 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 13 6:27 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:Re the glass cutter issue: yes this is definitely a bug. I played to this point again and the glass cutter you need for the crystal disappears if you still have it in your inventory at the time you play the 'reverse' HOP downstairs that also has a glass cutter in it.

Until this is fixed you can bypass it by making sure you get the crystal as soon as you find the glass cutter. (But you have to start a new game to get there.)

No ma'am. Please read my previous post. There are TWO glass cutters. You need to keep playing to get the second one.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 13 7:12 PM
WilJul wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:Re the glass cutter issue: yes this is definitely a bug. I played to this point again and the glass cutter you need for the crystal disappears if you still have it in your inventory at the time you play the 'reverse' HOP downstairs that also has a glass cutter in it.

No ma'am. Please read my previous post. There are TWO glass cutters. You need to keep playing to get the second one.
yes I know the one you mean, believe me - I wrote the guide.

However, if you still have the glass cutter you find in the shed with the little girl in your inventory at the time you play the mini game in the office at the bottom of the stairs, the game will confuse the two glass cutters and the glass cutter from the shed will disappear. I just tried it.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 13 8:31 PM
WilJul wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:
yes I know the one you mean, believe me - I wrote the guide.

However, if you still have the glass cutter you find in the shed with the little girl in your inventory at the time you play the mini game in the office at the bottom of the stairs, the game will confuse the two glass cutters and the glass cutter from the shed will disappear. I just tried it.

Thank you for clarifying! Sounds as though folks running into this issue should get in touch with tech support to let them know - hopefully they can get the developers to issue a fix! Sorry all!

[Post New]by Dawnabug on Aug 17, 13 10:52 PM
I am having problems with the game itself. The screens freeze and the custom cursor changes in the first room, the "heart" room, which I could fix by exiting and restarting. In the second room, the "lion" room, the screen goes black inside the cell. The inventory, map, and menu options are all visible, but the game itself is a black screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it hasn't helped. Does anyone have any ideas?

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Aug 18, 13 1:39 AM
MoreOver wrote:
ElderJen wrote:This is the second game this year that will not open for me and I just get the out of range message. I know it is because I use the widescreen TV as my monitor but I do not have this problem with any other games (except for just one previously). There is no point in having TV's compatible with computers if developers and programmers do not cater for them. I am not fretting as I have so many other wonderful games that I can play here but I just would like developers to take note.

I don't know as it is your TV that is the cause of your problem. I am running a 22" LCD monitor and getting the "out of range" error as well.

- 22" LCD monitor
- 1680 x 1050 resolution
- 32 bit true color
- default text size (smaller - 100%)
- custom DPI setting 9pt segoe UI at 96 pixels per inch
- drivers up to date

I've changed my screen resolution to various sizes but it didn't help. I also fiddled with the execution file for this game by changing its compatibility settings, text size, etc. but it didn't help.

This gets so frustrating. I own all the previous Echoes games and they work just fine. Why not this one?

Well this was the reason given to me for the previous problem. Maybe there is more to it than that then...I too had no problem with the previous Echoes games.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 18, 13 3:36 AM
Heya All,

For those of you that are still experiencing problems with the glass cutter, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can investigate the issues more closely. We definitely want to make sure that you can enjoy the game again and getting in contact with us helps to speed everything up!

nannamom - It sounds like your computer might have some problems to display the game properly. This can sometimes happen when some of the software on your computer is in need of an update. To make sure that everything is up-to-date you can have a look at our help article here.

ElderJen - I'm sorry to hear that your game doesn't want to display on your TV . It might help to get in touch with our Tech Support Team as they can have a closer look at the problem to see if the game can be convinced to display properly.

prochef - It sounds like some of the game's files on your computer aren't working properly, which causes your voices to not appear as they should. In these cases uninstalling and reinstalling the game could already solve the problem as it will refresh your game files for you and make sure everything is working properly.

Dawnabug - When a game freezes and the cursor isn't working as it should, this could be a sign that your computer is having problems with the game. It could help here to make sure that all your software is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Aug 18, 13 7:10 AM
This is running PAINFULLY slow. All newer Orneon games have run pretty slow for me, but this really is terrible, there is no flow to game play. I don't have this problem with the vast majority of games, so what is about Orneon that causes this? The Secrets of the Dark games have got progressively worse on this front too. Such a shame, as I would have definitely bought it otherwise.

Any tips?

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 12:46:08 PM PST

magpy
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by magpy on Aug 18, 13 11:50 PM
I too am stuck with the glass cutter. is there a fix, I have uninstalled and downloaded again and I really don't want to waste any more expensive internet time on this unless I know its going to work for sure.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 18, 13 11:55 PM
magpy wrote:I too am stuck with the glass cutter. is there a fix, I have uninstalled and downloaded again and I really don't want to waste any more expensive internet time on this unless I know its going to work for sure.
I don't think this has been fixed yet. The only thing you can do right now is start a new game (sorry) and make sure you get the crystal with the glass cutter first, before you play the second mini-game in the office.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 19, 13 2:23 AM
Heya spenny1,

Since it sounds like other games are having problems as well, it could be that your computer is in need of a few updates to make sure that it can run as best as possible. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

sharon4778
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sharon4778 on Aug 19, 13 4:11 PM
I got the out of range problem also.. don't usually have problems... but getting sick of this site for all the glitches... i miss the good games like azada and mystery case files.. not the last one though..

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Aug 19, 13 11:25 PM
I too have the same problem with the glass cutter. It disappeared as soon as it hit the floor, I tried to pick it up and thought I had it, but nope it was gone. I also do not have the x-ray film. I am a little confused over what x-ray film I am suppose to pick up and use some where because there is an x-ray film in the office and I picked it up, looked at it, It then went back to the wall where it was and now has a red circle around it, and I cannot pick it up again. If there is suppose to be one behind a picture there was not one there.

I had no problems with this game until now, and am very upset, because now I have to start the game over and still don't know if these two glitches will still be there or not when I start it over because if the game is saved at where I left off then it is very likely the same problems will still be there.

When they let people test these game I wish they would at least let some people play the whole game through to make sure it works properly, because just that first hour is not gonna tell you if there is a glitch or problem some where else in the game.

I loved all the Echoes of the Past games and never had a problem so I thought this game would play as good as the other ones, but I guess not. I am very disappointed. I hate spending money on something that does not work right.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 20, 13 4:22 AM
Hi folks!

sharon4778 - Out of range errors can be caused by a couple things, but often times it means that the game isn't compatible with the resolution or refresh rate set. Adjusting those settings can sometimes help, and our help article here has some steps on doing that:

Screen Resolution

agrimony - The following thread has some advice that other players have found useful when dealing with the glass cutters, however it will require you to start over using a new profile:

Glass cutter - solution

If you need more help with your issue though, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team, as we are limited as to the help we can offer for issues like this via the forums.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Aug 20, 13 10:39 AM
That "solution" will not work for me. If the glitch was in the earlier part of the game then I would try it. The glitch is in the LAST part of the main game. This game isn't that good to play all over again.

[Post New]by drlnikki on Aug 20, 13 12:24 PM
lmhagood wrote:I'm on a Macbook Pro w/ Retina display running OS 10.8.4, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7. Game crashes on start-up every single time I try to run game. I uninstalled game and re-downloaded and am still having same issue.

I am having the exact same issue - I have emailed support but they have not responded yet (over 48 hours)

[Post New]by roxwrites on Aug 20, 13 4:28 PM
As others have reported, this game will not display full screen for me. I'm on a Macbook Air running OS 10.7.5 - all other games display correctly except for one previous Orneon game. Am uninstalling the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 21, 13 3:54 AM
Hi Folks,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help, that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Go to: