LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 19, 13 9:19 PM
I bought this game purely because it was half price. It seems to be a good game but it has three very annoying elements.

1. The arrow at the bottom of the screen that is used to exit a scene is very difficult to activate. It takes way too long to find the "spot" to exit a scene. There is no excuse for this since the inventory is at the top of the screen.

2. The inventory, hint button, menu, etc. are at the top of the screen. This is very annoying.

3. There is a very irritating clicking sound when you use your inventory or activate pieces in the game. It just seems to click and click way too much. Almost every time you do something there is that annoying clicking. There is not an option to just turn off sound effects as there are in so many other games. You can turn down the music or all of the sound. For a CE quality game there should be more options.

I would not recommend this game at full price.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Aug 25, 13 1:53 AM
Have all the Echoes games but found this one a bit easier than the others, as I could do a lot of the games, didn't seem so dark and dingy as before, but still loved it.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Sep 9, 13 1:36 PM
Bought this game on sale and worth every penny. Great length, lots of puzzles, varied types of hidden object scenes and the story ends at the end. Bonus chapter is pretty much in a separate vein. Yeah, the inventory bar at the top is kinda hard to get used to still a fine game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 13, 13 6:47 AM
Didn't review this game, not reviewing any more, but I wanted to post a huge

THANKS DEVS

for the quality of the graphics, the good mini games and reviving this serie which was starting to go a bit round and round... New spirit, excellent game.

Only snag, the black bars at the top and bottom, impossible to remove them.

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Sep 18, 13 4:17 PM
I love, love, love this game! Great logical puzzles that take a bit of time to figure out. Not so random that you rely on luck of the spin all the time! The hidden object opportunities are varied and fun. They even make sense when you find a whole bunch of things and get to use them! Wow! Best game since the first Return to Ravenhearst. Thanks so much for this! I am glad I bought the CE as it has a huge amount of extra game play. I am already looking forward to playing it again. Wonderful!

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on May 27, 14 7:02 PM
I've played all the other Echoes of the Past games, but liked this one the least. The graphics are good, the storyline doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Spoiler Alert: I disliked seeing the animal body part in one of the later chapters and the little girl tormenting a hamster. I don't mind an occasional grim scene, but this was a bit disturbing for me.

I don't recommend this game, but if you liked the others in the series play the demo before purchasing it.

The bonus chapter gives the story more closure, so if you're an Echoes of the Past fan you'll want to pick up the collectors edition. Unfortunately the musical score (and I like to collect game music) isn't part of the bonus package--but the bonus chapter is a long game so if you played the demo and liked it definitely go for the CE.

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 7:44:04 PM PST

Go to: