Re:Post any Finders technical issues here only

[Post New]by dg13158 on Aug 21, 13 3:21 PM
I also have had the same problem as GrizzlyAnn with the loading circle going on forever loading and nothing happening (on the fourth island), and I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well as the Game Manager app...there clearly is a fix needed for this game...given the various issues stated here. Also, the humanitarian crate shows up as needing to be filled but never shows up in the storehouse or anywhere else, (on any island) so....?? Hmmmm... I did diagnostics. No help there. Can a patch or fix be obtained for this game? It is a fun and challenging one, and I know I and others would like to complete it! Thanks!

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Aug 22, 13 5:31 AM
FORTUNATUS wrote:On the third Island and now when I start the game I get the intro screen and then while "loading" (the circular moving screen), it gets STUCK and doesn't load from there.

ERRRRRRRRRRRR

So I have to start the WHOLE GAME all over and LOSE my progress!!??

There clearly is a bug that needs a PATCH here.

PS: I've NEVER had a game, EVER from BFG that has had a problem on my system.

Windows 7 Professional 64

I'm on Island 4 and when I push play I get the circular moving screen. Really don't want to start over and from what I'm reading, it'll probably happen again.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 22, 13 7:17 AM
Heya Guys,

dg13158 - Welcome to the Forum! It could be that some of the problems are caused by the files for the game not working properly. In these cases uninstalling and reinstalling the game often helps to solve these problems as it gives all the game files a refresh.

Regarding the loading circles it would definitely be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a closer look at the issue. They'll be more than happy to help you out!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

namalthus
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by namalthus on Aug 22, 13 4:12 PM
If you're fishing and the girl appear to tell you a story, you cannot read the story because it's (half)behind the fishing screen

Cannot close fishing screen, everything seem freeze because they are waiting for me to close the story screen.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 7:56 AM
Hi namalthus,

As the game is locking up like this, it may help to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Also, checking that you have the most up to date drivers etc. will help to ensure your game runs smoothly. You can find some info on updating the elements that run your game here. .

If you would like us to take a look at this for you though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support Team for further assistance and one of our Reps will be happy to help.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by dg13158 on Aug 23, 13 1:44 PM
As I said more than once, I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail??! There is clearly a need for a fix or a patch or whatever you want to call it? In plain English? Games should not be released until they work...what do YOU think...hmmm? People with good gaming computers have problems with the game, then there is a problem...

I would not have posted, without having trouble-shot every issue?...and since you no longer have live-chat...? I also looked at everyone else's posts...well?

I guess there will be no fix...sorry, folks, I guess once again, no fixes, no patches...ugh, I sure wanted to play this one...

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 23, 13 2:19 PM
Hello dg13158,

As various computers, operating systems, and software work slightly differently with each of our games, the easiest way for us to take a look at what's going on, would be to take a closer look at your particular system. This is why we request that you contact our Tech Support Team where our Reps can do more investigating to help figure out what might be happening. This also allows us to collect data in order to escalate the issue to the developer, if need-be.

I hope this helps clear things up!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by cancrom on Aug 24, 13 6:13 AM
I'm on level 21, 3rd island. The pier will not show up. I click on "show" and it does nothing. Very frustrating. From the game forum, it seems other people are having this problem. any suggestions?

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Aug 25, 13 12:15 PM
I started over and was able to finish the game. My first time I was getting the circular screen and couldn't move on. Quirky.

[Post New]by repair4u on Aug 27, 13 7:02 PM
The bad guy is firing the crane which isn't ready yet..
... Some tasks popping randomly up every now and then

now I have fired my gun the bad guy still is firing at the crane.

so when I exit and restart the game it will not load my saved game x2 I have a lot of time in this game just to get stuck at the same place. please help

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 4:52 AM
Hi folks,

It sounds to me that for some of you, your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to firstly try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

repair4u - I would encourage you to have a look that the following help article which has some great advice on how to ensure your game is running correctly and set up to save as it should:

Game Not Saving

If the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support Team, as one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Reijin on Aug 30, 13 3:34 AM
repair4u wrote:The bad guy is firing the crane which isn't ready yet..
... Some tasks popping randomly up every now and then

now I have fired my gun the bad guy still is firing at the crane.

so when I exit and restart the game it will not load my saved game x2 I have a lot of time in this game just to get stuck at the same place. please help

Please try firing more then once

missmnk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by missmnk on Aug 30, 13 6:49 AM
Hi, my goal is to investigate last obelisk but when I press show, it doesnt take me to it. A green arrow comes up in the bottom right of the screen but I cannot find it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong or if its a technical hitch.

Cheers

theepicdog
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by theepicdog on Sep 11, 13 10:48 AM
I have had the same problem where the game got to lvl 29 then I completed a task, the box came up in a completely different language ( I think it may have been Russian) so I thought when I reloaded the game it would probably be ok but all it will do is load and load and load and load ...................

theepicdog
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by theepicdog on Sep 11, 13 1:49 PM
I have just uninstalled and re-installed and the game was completely unplayable all it kept doing was freezing!!!!

theepicdog
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by theepicdog on Sep 11, 13 1:53 PM
I have to agree dg13158 that I have tried just about everything and all I seem to do is make it worse!!!! very frustrating

[Post New]by valfowle on Sep 14, 13 12:34 AM
FORTUNATUS wrote:On the third Island and now when I start the game I get the intro screen and then while "loading" (the circular moving screen), it gets STUCK and doesn't load from there.

ERRRRRRRRRRRR

So I have to start the WHOLE GAME all over and LOSE my progress!!??

There clearly is a bug that needs a PATCH here.

PS: I've NEVER had a game, EVER from BFG that has had a problem on my system.

Windows 7 Professional 64

Post any Finders technical issues here only

[Post New]by ceciardus on Sep 17, 13 11:01 AM
I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO

quote=Autolykos]When going to a new island for the first time, the game:
A: Takes all my building with me, when I think it is only supposed to take a couple tents
B: Takes terrain features (snow mounds, lab, mines, crevasses, etc) of the previous island with me to the new island. These are fully clickable on the new island.
C: Does NOT show the necessary quest items on the new island. Some terrain features, like herbs and rocks show up, but not the bigger Quest necessary items like the lab in island 2 or the pier in island 3.

This happened going from island 1 to 2 the first time I played. I restarted the whole thing and 1 to 2 went fine, but then it happened going from island 2 to 3. Don't want to try again unless resolved. Please advise.

[Post New]by pinkyplay on Sep 26, 13 7:54 PM
ironic_beauty197 wrote:
Megscows wrote:for some reason, I am not able to catch fish. I keep running out of bread because of my attempts. I press and hold the strike button until it's green and in between the red lines and I never catch a fish no matter what. I've tried dozens of times to no avail. I think it's a technical glitch unless I"m doing something incorrectly.

I had issues with the fishing at first also. I found out you need to continue to click the strike button over and over. Sometimes holding it down for short intervals or just rapid clicking to keep it in the green. It takes a bit but you will catch a fish this way and not waste the bread.

After the 3rd island is complete and you have moved on to the 4th, when you return to the 3rd there is a green rubber raft. If you click on it, it will go catch a fish and return. You can do that as many times as you like to build up your fish supply.

Buy a bbq, I have already bought the max

[Post New]by dlong86 on Nov 28, 13 7:32 PM
Hello; I am on Windows 7 pc. The task is to set up a bbq. I already have the maximum amount allowed. The game does not recognize the ones I already have. I bought the maximum tents and wells also. I was trying to get the building trophy. Let me know if there something else for me to do. Thanks

Go to: