Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

Re:Most clever mansion names?

[Post New]by Frogmort on Aug 30, 13 2:10 PM
PTBT wrote:Darkside of the Moon. As a huge Pink Floyd fan I had to invite them.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Aug 30, 13 8:13 PM
I've been selecting new neighbors on the basis of mansion names for about a week now

No more mockingbirds, arnolds, batleys ...

And I find myself strangely averse to people who use all caps or no caps ... I seem to have an affinity for normal punctuation. Here are a few on my list -

4321 Rabbit Hole Lane
scary but nice mansion
1612 Penny Lane
Wyld Goose Chase
9999999 Dark Echo Lane
1 Fetid Magnolia St
00MiddleOfNowhere Manor
The West Wing
No 4 Privet Drive
Absinthe Abbey

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Aug 31, 13 12:41 PM
Oh I thought I was the only one doing that! I can't take the mockingbirds, Arnolds, etc. anymore either. Am only taking on people with unique names. I guess that's "name-ist" but I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 1, 13 2:57 PM
I have to agree with the Mockingbirds name, I am tired of it, I created a list of the names I have and those are predominant, so I will not longer take those names unless they pick me, then I will add them. The unique names I will pick, I have a celtic cross, Soul Street, and tons of clever ones, I have to laugh about the 46 wallaby way, as I have that one listed in my neighborhood picks. I just didn't know what it meant until now.

Meanwhile I ABSOLUTELY will not pick one that has a want listed. Sorry, but if you consistently send me the same gift I will send the same gift back to you. I do that in other games too. But I won't be told what you want instead of a proper name.....

I like creativity more....

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 1, 13 3:09 PM
Yes, memorable names make it much easier to remember who you owe when you have those rare moments with a couple of free available gifts burning your fingers

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 1, 13 3:12 PM
Frogmort wrote:Yes, memorable names make it much easier to remember who you owe when you have those rare moments with a couple of free available gifts burning your fingers

EXACTLY, and I have to go over to my list when someone gives me something. And frankly if your a mocking bird your scre.ewed....

Cause I have fifteen of them and I gotta rember which mocking bird sent me something.....

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 1, 13 3:17 PM
And I love to be able to send people what they want! I don't want the flowers so I said e or s plz in my name and most people are being very good neighbors, sending me what I requested. I do get the occasional flower and sell it off immediately! So I appreciate folks being good neighbors and honoring my wishes. And I love the person who was up front and changed their name to send energy please! I just think that's funny...

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Sep 1, 13 5:20 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen Diagon Alley or Knock Turn Alley yet, except that the house doesn't look like it's on an alley ...

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 1, 13 5:34 PM
Added 1234 fake street. That's pretty funny!

[Post New]by LillyMunster on Sep 1, 13 5:52 PM
ferball82 wrote:I changed mine a couple of times before deciding on Carfax Abbey (from Bram Stoker's Dracula - the book not the movie) but a are a lot of clever ones out there... a lot of Addams Family fans by the number of Mockingbird Lanes

1313 Mockingbird Lane is MY address... Lilly Munster

[Post New]by LillyMunster on Sep 1, 13 5:53 PM
PTBT wrote:And I love to be able to send people what they want! I don't want the flowers so I said e or s plz in my name and most people are being very good neighbors, sending me what I requested. I do get the occasional flower and sell it off immediately! So I appreciate folks being good neighbors and honoring my wishes. And I love the person who was up front and changed their name to send energy please! I just think that's funny...

I love the flowers! Send them any time!

LillyMunster

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 1, 13 5:57 PM
Cool! And welcome to the pond! But you aren't the only 1313 Mockingbird Lane... There are at least 2 others!! That's why we get confused as to which address sent a gift, who we visited, etc. And that's also why we immediately asked for better neighbor management tools. Thank heavens BFG appears to have paid attention to that, at least!

kdwdw
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by kdwdw on Sep 3, 13 1:30 PM
Elinu wrote:I'm surprised I haven't seen Diagon Alley or Knock Turn Alley yet, except that the house doesn't look like it's on an alley ...

I have neighbors with both names in my list

thoeset
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by thoeset on Sep 3, 13 8:22 PM
My current favorite neighbor name is the Fetid Magnolia - twisted and southern, I think it's pretty clever. :-)

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Sep 4, 13 10:26 PM
I like Voodoo on the Bayou, and 1 Wretched Place. And of course Dr Who, Tolkien, and Harry Potter references. Has anyone seen any names related to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

P.S. I freely admit that the name I hastily chose, "Chez H", isn't very exciting, but if you see it please add me as a neighbor!

ETA. I guess we're still morphing. Not sure I've made intellectual progress going from a seahorse to a starfish...

Edited on 09/04/2013 at 10:31:45 PM PST

GaLdy
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GaLdy on Sep 5, 13 8:11 PM
It has been a long time since I have posted on any forum, but I couldn't resist this topic. My favorite name on my list of neighbors is Ungrateful Dead, a play on the band, Grateful Dead. I find myself smiling every time I scroll past it on my screen. I have so many good ones. I have Castle Greyskull, Voodoo Vieux, B F Nowhere, Pennhurst Asylum, Toad Hall, House of Leaves.... I, too, go for the names that are unique and stand out. I only pick those names to invite, but I have loads of Mockingbirds, Arnolds, Elms and Batleys that invited me. I have a difficult time locating those repetitive ones when gifting time comes. I always try to reciprocate, after being gifted by a neighbor and feel bad when I can't remember which one of 5 or 6 Mockingbirds gave me a gift. I am really enjoying this game.

Edited on 07/24/2014 at 5:55:17 PM PST

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Sep 5, 13 11:29 PM
I absolutely love some of the clever mansion names I come across while playing this game.

The ones that make me laugh the most on my neighbor list are Get off my lawn, Lost the Plot Manor, 618 DaBaddestbish Dr., 1 Screamin Mimi St., Grrr Aargh, Bridget the Budgie Cage, Iamnoone, and Killinmi Hills. I also smile every time I come across Transylvania 65000 on my list.

There are a couple that are just soothing to see like Tranquil Lotus, and Morning Grace.

I even have some that are deliciously creepy like Silent Hill Manor, Dark Journeys End, Bloody Purple Pegasus, and The Gruesome Grange.

I have a lot of wonderfully named neighbors...I think it's one of my favorite things about this game.

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Sep 6, 13 10:08 AM
Deegb wrote:I like Voodoo on the Bayou, and 1 Wretched Place. And of course Dr Who, Tolkien, and Harry Potter references. Has anyone seen any names related to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

P.S. I freely admit that the name I hastily chose, "Chez H", isn't very exciting, but if you see it please add me as a neighbor!

ETA. I guess we're still morphing. Not sure I've made intellectual progress going from a seahorse to a starfish...

I have seen 42 Tardis Way. Obviously, the Tardis part is in reference to Doctor Who, but 42 refers to "the meaning of life" from Hitchhiker's fame. This house immediately became one of my favorites for referencing both.

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Sep 6, 13 11:15 AM
Orchid_Witch wrote:

I have seen 42 Tardis Way. Obviously, the Tardis part is in reference to Doctor Who, but 42 refers to "the meaning of life" from Hitchhiker's fame. This house immediately became one of my favorites for referencing both.

Thanks Orchid_Witch, I had not seen that one. It's a pretty clever combo - concise yet obvious to fans of either series. An instant favorite of mine as well!

I neglected to mention references to Red Dwarf in my last post, has anybody seen any of those?

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Sep 6, 13 6:38 PM
I personally use 23 Spira Lane myself. Basically the 23 refers to my birthday(23rd of June) Spira being a reference to Final Fantasy X, and the Lane part, well it was the only thing I could come up with at the time, but could also be considered a reference to Lois Lane from Superman as I'm a fan of the animated series from the 90's.

Go to: