so upset

veja_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:so upset

[Post New]by veja_1 on Mar 11, 09 7:37 AM
Wow. Just reading over all the posts on this game, I'm amazed at the download times. I know it's a large file adventure game (my favorite kind - yay!), but I only have a Roadrunner connection (that acts up when the wind blows too hard - (grumbles) stupid internet connection) and it still only took me maybe 25 minutes to completely download the game. It took almost another 10 to activate it, but I can't imagine 6 or 9 hours of waiting. I'd go insane. Then again, I did load it under my Windows XP instead of Vista. I also remove all my large file games from my hard drive once I beat them, and I try not to have more than two on my system at a time. Keeps my computer running smooth.

As far as BFG's customer service... Love It!! Been a member since early 2007, bought over 40 games from them, and I've only ever had problems with 3 games that a patch wouldn't fix. Syberia (but that was cool, I uninstalled it, bought it at GameStop & it plays fine), and ND/Castle Malloy & ND/Blue Moon Canyon (first they wouldn't load, then kept locking up on me). BFG just gave me credits for my trouble & left the original purchases active - though I don't use them.

I just really wish BFG'd go ahead and let us have the other two Dracula games in this series. Yeah, this one is dark and gory and occult-y (is that even a word?) but I really like the game. I love difficult, obnoxious puzzle games (like Safecracker or Safecraker SUPA). Speaking of, if anyone can recommend another difficult large file adventure/puzzle game, I'd be grateful.

D3: PotD is beautiful, the graphics are great, and the music is pretty - eerie, but pretty. And hey, there is a warning on the game, and we're all big here, right? We should have the option to decide for ourselves. I'm just saying....

Edited on 03/11/2009 at 7:47:10 AM PST

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:so upset

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Mar 11, 09 10:35 AM
veja_1 wrote:
I just really wish BFG'd go ahead and let us have the other two Dracula games in this series. Yeah, this one is dark and gory and occult-y (is that even a word?) but I really like the game. I love difficult, obnoxious puzzle games (like Safecracker or Safecraker SUPA). Speaking of, if anyone can recommend another difficult large file adventure/puzzle game, I'd be grateful.

D3: PotD is beautiful, the graphics are great, and the music is pretty - eerie, but pretty. And hey, there is a warning on the game, and we're all big here, right? We should have the option to decide for ourselves. I'm just saying....

Hmm. Until you said that, I'd just assumed hadn't gotten the other two games because they're a lot older. Microid (the developer) itself only has The Last Sanctuary available for download purchase. But now that you mention it...there is some sorta-kinda nudity in the first two games. (I dug out my copies and played through Resurrection yesterday; going to play TLS today I think) I won't go into details; let's just say some females definitely should be wearing undergarments. Perhaps that's why.

K

Go to: