Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 7:13 AM
belamba wrote:Yes, looked at email receipt and it says £0! If it's glitched I'd always contact CS and tell them, as `i'd never intentionally 'steal a game' even f it was 'my lucky day' lol!

As long you are certain that no money has been taken off your account. Is there a way to check? I suppose CS would be able to check whether money has been taken off your account.

Not suggesting for a minute that's what you suggested!

How dare you NOT suggesting such a thing. LOL

ETA: Takes blanked off the post again.

--- --- ---

Gale129... the only suggestion I can give is to stop your virus scan for the time being and then try downloading the game. Or restart your computer and then try again. Sometimes things just get mixed up, and what with all the empty space we now have here (I can hear an echoooooo), one never knows what has gotten mixed up.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 7:15:36 AM PST

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gale129 on Aug 17, 13 7:45 AM
belamba wrote:One other issue...I've managed to save 2 game credits (just don't know how I manage that sometimes), but when i went to purchase game, it didn't give me the usual option of buy on website, or use two game credits.

I just clicked on buy this game. I saw the amount was £0, so assumed it had used my game credits.

After installing it showed I still have 2 game credits. I'm really puzzled by this.

Bought another CE Thursday, but am assuming this BOGOF didn't start until today?

By chance, if the game credits you refer to are ones earned and not purchased (earned credits are not listed in your "game credits" on the website when logged in) you cannot use earned credits to purchase a CE game.

[Post New]by mrsdatabits on Aug 17, 13 8:21 AM
My in game mouse icons are not showing properly. If the mouse is not moved, nothing appears. If I move the mouse, for a split second I can see the intended icon, then it disappears. Sometimes I'll just get a big box where the icon should be (like a part of the background screen that moves), but it too goes away when I stop moving the mouse.

I'm running this on Windows XP SP3 all updates installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Aug 17, 13 8:58 AM
gale129 wrote:I can't get the game to start the download. My PC runs the security scan and usually it starts the download right after, highlighting my bigfish app in the process. However, when I go to my BF app, nothing is there. I have attempted to save the download instead of run too. The security check runs and then it gives me the option to "run" from the download file. I clicked on run here as well and it still will not start the download. I also tried running as administrator from the folder it created. Nothing. My BF account shows two less credits than just prior to selecting purchase so I am good on that issue. Help anyone???

Update!! I closed out my BF app, went to the BF site and to my purchases tab. My purchase was listed (thank goodness) and I clicked install from there. The security check ran as usual and as I waited with baited breath, it opened my BF app and started the download. Posted just in case someone else has this issue. I download an average of two games a week and this is a first for me.

Just to jump in there gale 129, I have had that problem quite a few times with this new GM, so I do what you did, go to my purchases in the web site and download from there. Seems to work. I don't think we are the only ones.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Aug 17, 13 9:37 AM
The game downloads but when I click on Play all I get is a black screen with a cursor. I have to shut down my computer manually since hitting Ctrl/Alt does nothing. I don't remember having this type of problem with any of the hundreds of games I have played. I have all of the other Awakening games but I guess I won't be buying this one. I have downloaded it 3 times and it just won't start.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 10:19:38 AM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Aug 17, 13 10:21 AM
Cannot access help pages. Says it is undergoing maintenance. Wow! What a lot of help that is.!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 17, 13 11:40 AM
belamba wrote:Update Valdy...game credits have now gone! Some kind of delayed reaction! And as game doesn't work, will have to contact CS and try and gt them back again.

Can't face replaying 6 hours of the game, just for it to glitch again....

I'm also on a Mac -- 24" iMac running LION. Just to clarify your issue with the HOs -- are you saying you can't pick up a found item? I am reluctant to buy the game at this point with other Mac users having problems.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 11:40:49 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 17, 13 11:44 AM
bpurdum2 wrote:The game downloads but when I click on Play all I get is a black screen with a cursor. I have to shut down my computer manually since hitting Ctrl/Alt does nothing. I don't remember having this type of problem with any of the hundreds of games I have played. I have all of the other Awakening games but I guess I won't be buying this one. I have downloaded it 3 times and it just won't start.

Hi there bpurdum2,

The first couple of times I opened the game, I too got the black screen with just the game cursor in it. After a little while though the game started and it played properly. The third time I got back to it, the game started right away. Why don't you give it a try, just wait a little longer this time, and see if that works for you too?

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Aug 17, 13 1:15 PM
gale129 wrote:I can't get the game to start the download. My PC runs the security scan and usually it starts the download right after, highlighting my bigfish app in the process. However, when I go to my BF app, nothing is there. I have attempted to save the download instead of run too. The security check runs and then it gives me the option to "run" from the download file. I clicked on run here as well and it still will not start the download. I also tried running as administrator from the folder it created. Nothing. My BF account shows two less credits than just prior to selecting purchase so I am good on that issue. Help anyone???

Update!! I closed out my BF app, went to the BF site and to my purchases tab. My purchase was listed (thank goodness) and I clicked install from there. The security check ran as usual and as I waited with baited breath, it opened my BF app and started the download. Posted just in case someone else has this issue. I download an average of two games a week and this is a first for me.

Thank you thank you thank you! I was having the exact same issue, read your post, and it worked for me, too.

szeb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by szeb on Aug 17, 13 4:01 PM
I had trouble with the ladybug and leaf puzzle (chapter 2). I clicked the correct leaves, nothing happened. Re-tried, again nothing. Tried again, same. Checked strategy guide 5 times, made sure I clicked them in order, checked them leaf by leaf...still did not register that the puzzle was solved. Is there something extra to do or is it a glitch? Finally had to skip puzzle (and I hate doing that...silly matter of pride, I know, especially in a game with no achievements) to continue. Just mentioning it in case someone else has a similar problem. Otherwise, loving the game!

szeb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by szeb on Aug 17, 13 4:04 PM
Ooops, just saw that there are achievements, and one of them is not using skip. *sigh*

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Aug 17, 13 4:10 PM
My issue is the bonus chapter. It is chapter 6 in strategy guide. Nothing works. It tells me to go to a mini game, but I don't have what is needed for the game. When you click the big ? for help on what to do with game, it stays up for maybe 10 seconds. Then during mini game (that you can't skip in this chapter) I use the hint button and my owl say " sorry malady I can't see anything to do here" . It is only on this bonus chapter. The rest of the game was smooth for me. Also very long. I had to exit because the bonus chapter got funky. Any others having this problem?

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Aug 17, 13 4:39 PM
I guess nobody is having the same problem I am. The game only opens on the right hand side of my screen. I have to go to options and click off full screen, then I get to see all my icons............why do you ask?................cause not filling my screen. Don't you dare say its my computer, graphics card or any other such thing.............WHY?............CAUSE IT WORKED FINE IN THE DEMO.............THIS HAPPENED WHEN I PURCHASED THE GAME..........................

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Aug 17, 13 6:20 PM
I purchased Awakening ; The Sunhook Spire CE and was not given the option of selecting my free game. Why was this? the offer said it was open until Aug 18th 11.59 I am not happy about this at all!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 6:56 PM
dippydebby wrote:I purchased Awakening ; The Sunhook Spire CE and was not given the option of selecting my free game. Why was this? the offer said it was open until Aug 18th 11.59 I am not happy about this at all!

Hi Dippydebby...

When you clicked the "Buy now" button for the "Awakening" game, and saw it in your shopping cart, did you then go to the next game and clicked on "Buy now" as well or did you just clicked the "continue" button? You need to have 2 games in the shopping cart and you need to have added the code APPLE in the code tab. Did you add the code to the shopping cart?

chanda57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by chanda57 on Aug 17, 13 7:55 PM
I am in chapter 4 in the gallery. I finished the mini game in the cabinet but after clicking on the flour it threw me out of the cabinet and won't let me back in to get the pestle and another item I can't remember. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running Windows 7.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 7:56:16 PM PST

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Aug 17, 13 8:03 PM
No I didnt, I assumed it would let me have the option, when I clicked " Buy now." Obviously my mistake, but still not happy about it. Ive never bought BOGOFS or bundle sales before, so I do think it could have been explained better for us novices. Thank you for your reply, lesson learnt for the next time

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Aug 17, 13 9:13 PM
tammytheo wrote:
bpurdum2 wrote:The game downloads but when I click on Play all I get is a black screen with a cursor. I have to shut down my computer manually since hitting Ctrl/Alt does nothing. I don't remember having this type of problem with any of the hundreds of games I have played. I have all of the other Awakening games but I guess I won't be buying this one. I have downloaded it 3 times and it just won't start.

Hi there bpurdum2,

The first couple of times I opened the game, I too got the black screen with just the game cursor in it. After a little while though the game started and it played properly. The third time I got back to it, the game started right away. Why don't you give it a try, just wait a little longer this time, and see if that works for you too?

I did just as you said. It took a full 2 minutes for the game to start. I closed out the game and started it again to see if it would start ok. It started right away this time so I am buying it along with another CE game. Thanks for the suggestion.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 9:27 PM
I think I counted to 80 before the black screen disappeared and the main menu came on. Only happens the first time, for whatever reason.

oomun2002
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Possible Glitched Hidden Object

[Post New]by oomun2002 on Aug 17, 13 9:39 PM
I'm in chapter 2, doing a hidden object sequence that asks me to find a 'crab'. I even had the owl point it out to me and clicked on it multiple times--the game won't allow me to get the item. It's the last item on the hidden object list and I can't continue without it! What a disappointment.

Go to: