solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:TGT: Curse of the Pharaoh: Napoleon's Secret

[Post New]by solarsarah on Mar 7, 09 6:47 AM
lordkalvan wrote:I don't care for spot the differences scenes, but I can put up with them usually if there aren't too many of them. But this game only gives you one pointer, not parallel ones, then has things like 4 identical items in an irregularly spaced row on one side, and only 2 of them on the other - so I have to guess which are the 2 that are extra on the side with 4.

I'm not going to bother. Guess I'm just grumpy today.

You can purchase the double cursor option at the store. You can find it at the map screen.

Edited on 03/07/2009 at 6:48:49 AM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 7, 09 12:03 PM
lordkalvan wrote:I don't care for spot the differences scenes, but I can put up with them usually if there aren't too many of them. But this game only gives you one pointer, not parallel ones, then has things like 4 identical items in an irregularly spaced row on one side, and only 2 of them on the other - so I have to guess which are the 2 that are extra on the side with 4.

I'm not going to bother. Guess I'm just grumpy today.

You can buy an extra pointer for the STD's as soon as you find the 3 coins in the very first scene.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Mar 7, 09 2:54 PM
Just finished the game. I like it. Held my interest and tho not a big fan of "find the difference" this one was alright. Thumbs up in my book.

[Post New]by candleofhope on Mar 7, 09 3:41 PM
niya00 wrote:Just finished the game. I like it. Held my interest and tho not a big fan of "find the difference" this one was alright. Thumbs up in my book.

[b]****w long did it take you to finish the game??/ how many levels????

thanks...

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Mar 7, 09 4:10 PM
Enjoyed the first and enjoyed this one. went into my want folder along with all the others. Now just need to choose a game for my Feb. credit.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 7, 09 4:27 PM
This game irritated me because of the STDs. I think searching for HOs and doing an STD either uses a different part of my brain or a different part of my eyes, because when I have to go from one to another, I feel like I'm blowing a gasket.

It was way too easy, as well, once I figured out that not all of the items needed to complete that level were found or used in the scene in which they were listed.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 7, 09 6:07 PM
candleofhope wrote:How long did it take you to finish the game??/ how many levels????thanks...
There are 9 Worlds to visit in the game. You can kind of estimate how long it will take you by seeing how far you get in the 1 hour demo. Good luck and have fun!

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Mar 7, 09 6:10 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Cats here's your requested

I really liked the first and I like this one as well. Not surprised scotcat found it too easy, always is for her. It's not majorly challenging so far, but fun and has several elements I enjoy:

Interesting Story
Pleasing music and graphics
No Timer
Inventory items that carry from one scene to another.
Extra goodies to find in each scene (mask pieces, coins for power-ups)

The Spot the Diff puzzles I don't find tedious because I like Spot the Diff in general and these are the right level of challenge. By choice I suppose I'd rather have more HO to Spot the Diff ratio but it's ok. I am thinking the end of chapter puzzles will become more difficult as that was the case in the first. Don't know that they will and it was good enough as is to earn my credit and my upward thumbs. Not earth shattering omg it's my fave evah or anything, but a good solid game imo that had me involved until the end of the demo.

My one concern is there were power-ups to buy that talked of fire and water levels and you could buy extinguishers or air tanks for "More Time" so that might prove a bad timed element. WIll report back when I run up against those.

I agree with Poodlebear, have just finished it and liked it better than the first one. I'm not usually a fan of STD but for some reason with this series of games, I'm enjoying them. There was only one fire level (that I had anyway) and maybe two water levels, just remember to use the oxygen and the water level goes down. The end of chapter puzzles do become a little more challenging but not impossible. At the end there is a "to be continued" so it's a trilogy at least.

I did have the usual problem of finding things in the darker part of the scenes especially when it's STD, but that's what hints are for, right

I ended up with a heap of coins and hints over.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 7, 09 8:44 PM
For the most part I really, really dislike STDs and wish they would go away but, in this game, they are not so bad. The only diffs I could not find were generally in dark places. I left the Auto Hints on and when I got stuck just patiently waited for the Hint. I am still playing but I believe I am nearing the end. Am back in Egypt.

The minis were not too hard. The only one I had trouble with so far was the one early on that had two puzzles, the moving columns and the books. I stopped for a bit (interruption) and when I started again I realized the game does not save your progress in the minis so be sure to finish them before shutting down the game! It took me a few seconds to realize the books were a take on "Tower of Hanoi". It took me longer to solve it but not too long. I really enjoyed the wooden beam puzzle, hope to see more of that in the future.

The worst STDs for me were those dark monochrome ones in the level where everything was monochrome. I just had a hard time seeing things on that level but I had plenty of Hints and the Auto Hint too to help me through that level.

I love Anubis, gives me a smile when he pops up and he reminds me of Felix. I hope that one day Felix will play with us in a BF game (Hint, Hint)!

I am enjoying this game. It has a few challenges but still is pretty easy and enjoyable. Some will find it too easy but it is just about right for me

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 7, 09 9:07 PM
I got a tickle when it came to Anubis.
And yes he reminds me of Felix! But? Anubis throws arms when you click on him! LOL
I'm glad BFG gave this game to me!
I LOVE it!
And it's a game that you can play over & over again & objects will be different in the game.
Thank you, BFG!!
Joy

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Mar 7, 09 9:26 PM
OMGosh bribling I had to think a minute when I read

For the most part I really, really dislike STDs and wish they would go away

LoL

So I've DLed this game but yet to try it. Hope it's a good one! Thanks for all opinons y'all!

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Mar 7, 09 9:56 PM
I played the first one and enjoyed it but this one is just not as good. I found it confusing and boring, however my wife disagrees and thinks it is a good game. So I guess I am stuck playing it. I think they seemed lost in trying to explain the many objectives, goals and options. I think some people will like it like my wife does but it just does not work for me.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 8, 09 12:27 AM
it's just reading the registered owner of your computer

Yeah, I know that. It's the fact that a game is reading into my computer. I say to them - **** out! That and the fact that [I feel] that they think I am too lazy or dumb to type in my own desired name (which isn't always the name registered to my PC).

Not surprised scotcat found it too easy, always is for her.

Sorry, can't help it. I was born this way. It ticks my hubby off too. He has about 22 years of education under his belt + his required continuing education every year and I can out play him also.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 8, 09 12:33 AM
suzangh wrote:OMGosh bribling I had to think a minute when I read

LoL

So I've DLed this game but yet to try it. Hope it's a good one! Thanks for all opinons y'all!

I had the same thought that I believe you had when I wrote that. I really, really hate those other STDs too. Thankfully I have only had to deal with those in the games

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Mar 8, 09 8:14 AM
Thank God for that bribling! LoL

Anyway, I tried the game and it said Welcome Susan. Before I typed in a name. Kinga threw me off for a minute. I don't like that cause it made me think I'd played it before. LoL

Then playing it I realized I have sort of played it before. It's just like the first one, so far. Didn't care for that one and don't care for this one. It's boring to me. Spot The Diff is not my thing and there seems to be a LOT of that in this game.
Not saying it's a bad game. Just that it's not my cup of joe.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Mar 8, 09 8:55 AM
Robilyn wrote:What is the object of this game? I don't get it. And it doesn't tell you what you are looking for, or what to do next. Help please. Thankssupiscious:

You can use the Hint button to help find objects and coins. At the bottom of the screen you will see outlines of what missing items you need to look for in the 8 different sites. At times the screen will flash on an object if you are taking a while to look for something. You can also slowly move your cursor around the screen and it will tell you if you have landed on a missing object. There will be another sequel in the future to these 2 games.

[Post New]by Cls899 on Mar 25, 09 8:02 AM
I am having trouble with the puzzle of 5 volumes of books and the three sets of bookshelves. You have to set them in order from one bookshelf, in order of volumes I through V to bookshelf 3 in order of volumes I thru V . You can use the middle bookshelf to store volumes of the books as you try to put the volumes of books in order on bookshelf 3. I can't do it. I have tried, and tried. Please can someone help me? I can't go any further in the game without solving this puzzle. Thank you!

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Apr 24, 10 7:42 AM
*bumping* this thread because there are good some reviews here for today's DD!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Apr 24, 10 8:17 AM
suzangh wrote:OMGosh bribling I had to think a minute when I read

LoL

Suzan, you beat me to it! We really have to come up with a better abbreviation! So funny...at least she didn't say she LIKED them!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 24, 10 9:10 AM
I'm about half way through the second group in Venice - I think that's the 3rd group. Did someone say there were 6 chapters? Anyway, I think this is a buy for me for the price - can't beat that! I didn't like the music. Even turned way down in the options, it was too loud and annoying for me. Finally turned the volume down on my speakers. Only problem was then the sounds weren't as easy to hear.

While not the best game I've ever played, it did hold my interest for the full hour demo, which makes it worth the DD price. Finding all the separate pieces - coins, mask parts, missing items - added to the find the diff and hidden objects. For me, this is enjoyable without being totally frustrating and having to use hints all the time to just keep going. I'll watch for the other two as DDs. Or I may break down and get them when I need one more punch at the end of the month. Not a problem this month!

Go to: