tbnsgma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Post any Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire technical issues here only

[Post New]by tbnsgma on Aug 21, 13 8:05 PM
I also got the Out of Video Memory message. It didn't happen on just one of my computers, but all 3. This is definitely not an error on my end, as it can't possibly be all 3 computers (2 at home) and one at work.

Please fix this, as I would really like to try this game.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Aug 21, 13 11:33 PM
I also got the "out of video memory" message, and had to shut down computer to get game to stop running so I could un-install. It's odd, because the 'game system requirements' aren't really that strenuous.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 22, 13 6:24 AM
Heya Everyone,

polarglen - It sounds like your computer is indeed having some problems with the game. it might help to make sure that all the software needed for gaming is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

Ariinya - Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Usually uninstalling and reinstalling the game will solve these problems as it will force the Big Fish Games app to re-check for your trial.

Badut - Thanks for bringing this up! We'll be happy to forward this but it would also be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at it right away!

For those of you that are getting the "Out of Video Memory" message, if you have already tried to update your drivers, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team as well so they can have a look at everything for you and figure out what exactly is causing this message to appear.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

justbecaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by justbecaz on Aug 22, 13 9:12 AM
TigerJo714 wrote:
bfgSeine wrote:Hi TigerJo714,

It sounds like the game may have frozen, rather than that button not working, since the other buttons were not working either. If that continues to happen, I recommend reinstalling the game to see if that gets it working. You can find info on doing that here on our help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If that's not working, please let our <a href="http://bigfi.sh/18DIVz3">Tech Support Team</a> know so they can look further into that for you as well.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Thanks Seine. I guess I just wasnt' thinking this morning I tried and it worked. On my next exit, I got an Access Violation error and was thinking . So I tried one more level and it worked just fine. Bought it am loving it.

I am having the same problem the game was working fine until I purchased it now i am getting a Access Violation error have uninstalled and reinstalled but am still am getting the same Access Violation error

[Post New]by jaimemsu on Aug 22, 13 11:11 AM
Getting a write violation on level 69, crashes the game. I played the level once last night, worked fine. Now, even after a shutdown, the level will no longer load.

Gamer_Geek
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_Geek on Aug 22, 13 11:27 AM
Haven't had any issue with the game until today. Game play was fine until I hit about level 80. At that point, the animations at the end of the level started to slow down and this slowness persisted into the town area; game play (i.e., selecting pieces, piece movement) was unaffected. Until I hit level 86. Now, the level is loading VERY slowly - I can watch the frame of the game board coming together piece by piece. The timer is still running without any slowness tho.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game, rebooted, updated drivers - nothing has helped. I'm not getting an actual error message; the game is just unplayable.

Suggestions?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 7:14 AM
Hi folks!

For those seeing an access violation message, please check out the following help article for some advice on how to tackle that:

Access Violation

Gamer_Geek - given the options you have already tried, may I suggest that you run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. This will allow us to take a much closer look at what is going wrong for you!

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

meryllon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by meryllon on Aug 23, 13 10:52 AM
I have been unable to change the avatar. It apparently accepts the alternative choice but then flips back to the harem lady within the game.

Input Not Supported

[Post New]by happykatt on Aug 23, 13 7:34 PM
I keep getting the message input not supported error when I try to play this game again. The first time I played it, it played fine. Is this a resolution issue? And if so, what should the resolution be at to display?
Thanks, Staci

Edited on 08/23/2013 at 7:43:04 PM PST

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Aug 23, 13 9:28 PM
This game ran well when I played the demo. But after being activated, when I click the play button, I can hear the music, but no picture. I really liked the demo, but the game is not responding after buying it. ???

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 13 3:42 AM
Hi folks,

meryllon - It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

happykatt - Have you checked your screen resolution and updated your drivers already?

If not, I would suggest trying to make those adjustments as the first port of call as making these adjustments will hopefully improve how the game and your computer communicate.

Just to note that different machines handle and display games in different ways and some machines are more graphically powerful than others so it is not really possible to predict with accuracy, the perfect resolution to use.

We typically recommend to have your resolution set to 1024 x 768 (or higher) though, in case that helps!

ataloss - that is pretty annoying. Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement as it may be the case that the full game is no putting more pressure on your graphics card and a update may help to resolve this.

If the issues persist and you need more help, please contact our Tech Support Team One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at your game with you.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 3:43:25 AM PST

bt1151
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by bt1151 on Aug 24, 13 3:46 AM
I also have the "out of video memory" program on 2 computers.
The system requirements shown on the program page make it seem as if the program should run on even old , fairly weak computers. Maybe it's the requirements that need to be updated.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 25, 13 3:25 AM
Heya bt1151,

If you have already tried the steps that have been posted here, like updating your drivers or uninstalling and reinstalling and still have problems, I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything for you!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

stratacatQ
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by stratacatQ on Aug 25, 13 2:17 PM
Game ran fine after purchase until L61 today. I had been unable to complete the level in timed mode for the last day so when I logged in today, I switched to relaxed mode. The game froze upon entering the level & I get the 'access violation' error. I am running the Dr Felix report to send in but just seems like everyone is experiencing something similar, just not on the same level.

[Post New]by Clozar on Aug 25, 13 2:27 PM
My game has worked fine until I reached Level 90 and now the game is so slow it takes forever for the tiles to move. Funny thing is that the timer is as fast as ever. So can't finish the game. Very disappointing. Don't want to have to start over.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 13 3:57 AM
Heya Folks,

stratacatQ - As an access violation can have several causes it can be a bit difficult to know what exactly is causing this. You can find some easy steps that might help to get rid of the error here.

Clozar - Welcome to the Pond! It sounds like some files for your games might not be working properly anymore. In this case, uninstalling and reinstalling the game could help solve the problem as it gives all the files a refresh and makes sure they can work properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by DKenney on Aug 26, 13 8:18 AM
I have a message Error: access violation at 0x0071755E (tried to unwrite to 0x0000F50) program terminated.
Though maybe if I uninstalled and reinstalled it might work, but no get the same message. Please help

[Post New]by Clozar on Aug 26, 13 2:46 PM
I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it. It made no difference. Still am unable to play the game on Level 90 as it still runs painfully slow. Infact it might as well not run at all how slow it is.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 27, 13 4:47 AM
Hi there,

DKenney - please check out the following help article for some advice on how to tackle that error:

Access Violation

Clozar - I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our <Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at things with you.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Aug 27, 13 8:41 AM
My game is running unplayably slowly also, in my case starting around level 74 or so. I filed a Dr. Felix report with tech support, let's hope they can help all of us with similar problems.

Go to: