abcwxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by abcwxy on Aug 23, 13 10:31 AM
I am having same problem with missing Racoon and getting drum sticks
Used Racoon on control panel and Racoon disappeared
Cannot continue the game - so very disappointing!!!!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 23, 13 11:22 AM
Hello All,

nyxie63, I would suggest running your game as an administrator so that we can be sure it has all of the permissions it needs to run correctly.

If that doesn't work, the best option would be to contact our Tech Support Team, so that one of our Reps can take a look at that.

If you've already contact our Tech Support Team about the raccoon, thank you for doing that. This will help us know how to move forward with this issue. If you haven't already, it would be really helpful for you to do that with a Dr. Felix Report so that we can collect more information about what's going on.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 08/23/2013 at 11:22:27 AM PST

[Post New]by nyxie63 on Aug 23, 13 1:46 PM
bfgDeveron, I figured it out. Had to reboot the computer and finally the game launched. Doh! Should have tried that before posting here. *facepalm*

[Post New]by 5munchkins on Aug 23, 13 4:14 PM
I am having the same problem with the raccoon disappearing and not being able to get the drum sticks as the other gamers posted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but this does not solve the problem. I believe it's time for a fix. Thank you.

[Post New]by mandapoo on Aug 23, 13 4:42 PM
I am in the bonus level and can't do anything with the refrigerator handle. I've done everything I can to that point, but am totally stuck. There is no option to select the refrigerator.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 13 3:35 AM
Awesome nyxie63, glad to hear that and feel free to post in the tech thread anytime, often a easy fix is all that is needed but we are glad to make suggestions as we are as anxious to get the games running as you are to play them!

5munchkins - I know this is frustrating but please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so that they can provide some dedicated support for this.

mandapoo - I haven't played this game yet so I am not too sure what needs to be done here.

I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide to make sure that no other tasks need to be completed first, as sometimes, tasks need to be tackled in a certain order.

You could also try the hint button, even if it doesn't direct you to the refrigerator, following it will typically put you on the right path!

If that doesn't help and you feel like this may be a tech issue though, please feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can take a closer look at things with you.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

lmhagood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lmhagood on Aug 24, 13 10:35 AM
I'm also having the missing racoon issue that others are reporting. It ran to drums and now it is completely missing. I uninstalled and reinstalled game and still no raccoon....

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Aug 24, 13 12:50 PM
I have an issue with the refrigerator handle as well. According to the SG, it is one of the first things you pick up in the bonus game and then use it right away. The area where the refrigerator is located seem to be a "dead zone" as nothing happens in that area. No zooming eye for a close-up so that I can place the handle. So I'm thinking there is something wrong.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Aug 24, 13 3:53 PM
Mac Lion. Game crashed and deleted itself from computer. Right after tomahawk was put together.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 24, 13 4:01 PM
Hello All,

lmhagood, if you could contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report, that would help us collect data on this issue

biscuitsmama, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your game
to make sure that everything is installed correctly on your computer. If that doesn't work, the next step would be contacting our Tech Support Team, so one of our Reps can help out with this.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Aug 24, 13 6:22 PM
I had the same problem with the raccoon disappearing and not being able to get the drumsticks, so I played the game again, rather quickly. This time I purposely did not pick up all the soap bars or receive an achievement for them, and I was able to get through the game. So maybe it's a glitch involving the soap...just figured I would let you know! Good luck all!

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Aug 25, 13 1:25 PM
FunIt wrote:I'm near in the last chapter. I found Mary and used the racoon on the control button to open the room. I probably went out using the map, and when I entered the location again, the racoon ran towards the drums, but the sweets were already gone.
Now the racoon is gone and I can't get it back. There is no way for me to get the drumsticks - game stopping bug, please fix.

I had the same problem.. unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't change a thing. The only way to fix it is to start over with a new profile and make sure that after you use the raccoon on the control panel to lift the bars in the last scene, you go back only one (to the room with the mirror and rug where the drumsticks are).

If you use the map and go to the scene with the drums, your critter friend will bug out and try to get treats from there again, and you'll lose him.

I know this isn't the answer everyone wants to hear, but I tried all other ways and this was the only way. The good news is, that if you DO replay it, now that you know where everything goes, etc.. you can play it pretty quickly to get to that point. It took me about half hour to 45 minutes to get there. To me, it was worth it to finish the game and get to the bonus chapter, but some of you may not feel that way, understandably. Sorry

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 25, 13 5:35 PM
Count me as another who lost Rocky! Have no interest in replaying. Maybe someday.... what a waste.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 13 3:43 AM
Heya All,

I'm sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't seem to help a lot.

I would recommend that, if you are still experiencing problems despite having tried the steps we posted here, you get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything for you. They'll be more than happy to make sure to get your game up and running again!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Casperette on Aug 26, 13 9:24 AM
The demo worked fine for me but when I purchased and activated the full game it refuses to launch. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling a few times as well as running the game as an administrator, nothing seems to make it work. Any other ideas?

iwongcn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by iwongcn on Aug 26, 13 11:13 AM
I have reinstalled the game but the fridge in the bonus game is still not active. There is no way for me to continue

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 26, 13 5:25 PM
iwongcn wrote:I have reinstalled the game but the fridge in the bonus game is still not active. There is no way for me to continue
Is the raccoon by the rugby ball in the projector room instead? If so, there must be other things you can do until you get the scissors. Use the scissors on the ball to feed the raccoon. Then walk down once and use the raccoon on the shelves with the stuffed animals. After that he'll go to sleep again.

If you then go back to the office, he will run to the fridge and you'll be able to use the handle on the fridge.

iwongcn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by iwongcn on Aug 26, 13 10:18 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
iwongcn wrote:I have reinstalled the game but the fridge in the bonus game is still not active. There is no way for me to continue
Is the raccoon by the rugby ball in the projector room instead? If so, there must be other things you can do until you get the scissors. Use the scissors on the ball to feed the raccoon. Then walk down once and use the raccoon on the shelves with the stuffed animals. After that he'll go to sleep again.

If you then go back to the office, he will run to the fridge and you'll be able to use the handle on the fridge.

I'll try that thanks.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Aug 26, 13 11:02 PM
I lost my raccoon and drumsticks as well.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 27, 13 4:44 AM
Hi folks!

Casperette - This is definitely something that our Tech Support Team can help you with.

Sometimes, the save data from the trial version of the game can prevent the full game from playing so they will be able to help you find and remove any damaged files.

jeanniemouse - for this issue, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can look into this with you and offer some more specific suggestions.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Go to: