bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Aug 25, 13 7:56 AM
PerfectSecty wrote:
bri_rose1978 wrote:
naomi4195 wrote:I bought this game and the bar pops up and says Run and I click on run and the game manager opens but no game downloads. What is going on?

I have the same problem! I've tried it three or four times now, but no game ever downloads.

I've had this same problem with purchased games since the new game manager/app was introduced.
There is a definite glitch there.

What works for me is to click on Purchase History in the game manager. Then I wait a few minutes and click on the refresh arrows at the top of the game manager. (The blue circle with the curved white arrows.)
The game should now be showing up on the list and you can activate it from there.
This has always worked for me and I hope it works for others too, but it's annoying to have to do it this way.
I hope they fix this soon.

It worked!!! Thank you so much!!

Kimhaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kimhaz on Aug 25, 13 9:09 AM
I liked what I saw of the game but there are glitches that make it not worth my while continuing. I am using the trial version.
Once in the garden, I did not have an arrow to allow me to return to the inside of the house. I had to use a hint & get to the children's bedroom from there.
Having done that, I could not complete the HO puzzle: unable to pick up the coin to put in the piggy bank.
Checked here, uninstalled and re-installed the game but still cannot pick up the coin. My computer is new and all my drivers are up to date.

[Post New]by Grantosh on Aug 25, 13 9:49 AM
I'm having issues as well ... having bought and installed the full version, I've tried to play but after each and every action the games freezes; picking up the metal butterfly, using the butterfly on the gate and then trying to enter the forest. On each time I've ALT + TAB and then back again. Restarted the laptop but nothing seems to help.

This needs a patch - not install/reinstall tips.

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Aug 25, 13 11:50 AM
Another really great game .... another item which I can't pick up, so can go no further. This time, it's the magic seeds which I need to plant in the plant pot. I use the tuning fork to break the glass jar, try to pick up everything available (i.e. the seeds and the magnet), but can only pick up the magnet, then the close-up closes and I can't go back. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with no improvement.

The last advice I received from technical support for a problem like this (the most recent Echoes of the past game) was to start over with a new profile, but once again this has happened well into the game, so I'm reluctant to do so. Any other ideas would be welcome!

(One question - I know games are sent out in beta form for testing by selected club members, but from personal experience, it's usually a small portion of the final game. The problems I've encountered recently have been quite far into the game - how much testing of the complete game happens?)

birdboysf
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by birdboysf on Aug 25, 13 12:37 PM
I posted on a thread about the inn code and will here too.
I have let the awning down with the umbrella, which disappeared from my inventory, I collected the apple seeds and my information from the guide is that Mr. Gideon should offer me the code to get into the inn. However, he is just standing there with his ear trumpet.
The hint tells me there is nothing to do in all the areas of the game. The door to the inn tells me I should ask someone for the code.
Whom do I ask if not Mr. Gideon?
So far I have wasted much of the trial on wandering nowhere. Not a very fun game experience so far.

Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by NanaPinheiro on Aug 25, 13 4:53 PM
For the first time I played I could go to bonus chapter but not played cause I decided start again with another profile to get more achievements. That's when the problems began, with the new profile I played till the end and for my surprise the bonus chapter never opens again. I've already reinstall many times, created new profiles, played with every one and even though the bonus chapter don't works. After the "loading bird" it turns to menu of extras. What could hapen?

Edited on 08/25/2013 at 5:04:17 PM PST

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Aug 25, 13 7:08 PM
Demo on Mac 10.6.8: cursor froze after the HOG scene in the kids' room. After reading all the entries here, I've decided to delete the game rather than pursue it further. It just isn't ready for prime time.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 25, 13 7:27 PM
NanaPinheiro wrote:For the first time I played I could go to bonus chapter but not played cause I decided start again with another profile to get more achievements. That's when the problems began, with the new profile I played till the end and for my surprise the bonus chapter never opens again. I've already reinstall many times, created new profiles, played with every one and even though the bonus chapter don't works. After the "loading bird" it turns to menu of extras. What could hapen?

Since you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it may be time to go ahead and get in touch with tech support directly. Look down at the bottom of this page and look for "Get Help" and then click on "Customer Support". Good luck!

e11a22s33
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by e11a22s33 on Aug 25, 13 8:13 PM
When I played the Demo version of this game, I had no problems what so ever. Bought the game, loaded it and nothing but problems. Uninstalled, re-installed, used a new profile, and that worked for a while. Now the game is AGAIN freezing. You cannot tell me this game does not have issues with it. We cannot all have computer issues!! I have again uninstalled, and will leave it uninstalled until I see there is a fix for this game!!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Aug 25, 13 11:32 PM
I'm playing the demo and am stuck in the children's bedroom. The strategy guide tells me to open the drawer to get something and to grab one of the knitting needles too, but the cursor doesn't change to let me pick up the needle or open the drawer. I can't proceed so it's a definite no buy for me unless this area gets fixed.

Edited on 08/25/2013 at 11:34:01 PM PST

[Post New]by Pookeypookey on Aug 26, 13 12:43 AM
I posted previously about trouble I am having with the game freezing and have been completely ignored! There is no point linking me to the help section either as I have done everything there and nothing works. My husband, who is an IT engineer, has had a look too and I still can't play the game, even though I have paid for it. It sounds like that there are a few glitches with this game. Please could someone actually try to help me before I have to ask for my money back. Thank you.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 13 3:24 AM
Heya Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about all these issues.

If you find that some of the elements of the game won't work, for example when you can't pick up an item, it could be that some of your game files could do with a refresh, For this, uninstalling and reinstalling the game could already be enough as it will make sure that all game files are in good shape.

If your game is freezing, this could be a sign that some of your software could do with a little update before it can run the game properly. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date with the steps here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Aug 26, 13 9:49 AM
I wanted to give this game another try since I really like how it looks and I love fairy tales, so instead of doing the reinstall, I just created another profile and this time I was able to get the cursor to pick up the knitting needle and open the drawer. That was fine since I was at the very beginning of the game but I wouldn't have wanted to do that if I was near the end. Glitches like this should have been caught earlier by those in quality control.

[Post New]by Pookeypookey on Aug 27, 13 2:37 AM
Someone here said to create another profile, which I did, and now the game works perfectly! Thank you to whoever said that!
I KNEW it wasn't my laptop or any of my settings that was the problem. There obviously IS a glitch in the game. I have to tell you, I'm quite surprised and disappointed Big Fish haven't been more helpful with this, they're usually awesome at helping out.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Aug 27, 13 7:13 AM
Grantosh, same problem here. All was fine until I purchased the game. Now have to control/alt/delete to do anything. I am going to try it one more time. If it freezes, guess I will restart with different name. Hate doing this. Wish they would get these games right the first time.

Brennagrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brennagrl on Aug 27, 13 3:27 PM
I am having the same issues many others are having, I did uninstall and reinstall the game and still have it freeze when trying to do a task. Since the other game I bought has not done this I feel the glitch is in this particular game. I have sent an email since "live chat" is almost impossible to access. I am waiting for a refund. I have yet had a response to my email.

[Post New]by Pookeypookey on Aug 28, 13 2:30 AM
I am going to ask for a refund too. Although I posted yesterday that making a new profile works, it only works until you leave the game then it starts freezing again. It's obviously a glitch and if no-one is prepared to sort this out then I want my money back.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 4:16 AM
Hi Folks,

If you have tried the advice already offered, such as updating your driver and the other programs that help run your game and you are still having trouble, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

They will be happy to provide more personalized assistance, that we are unable provide via the Forums. Also, they can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

Hope this helps and thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 4:16:52 AM PST

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Aug 28, 13 10:00 PM
I am on the HOS in the kitchen and I cannot pickup toothpicks. I also cannot exit this HOS, I can only exit the game. I had a similar problem in the 2nd HOS, I exited the game, uninstalled/reinstalled from the BFG site and now this problem. I know it must be a glitch with the game as several people are having this same issue with different HOS scenes so it can't be our computers causing it.

I will not buy this game until this glitch is fixed, its a waste of money. Also, it doesn't make me want to leave a positive review. I don't know what's going on but lately I've had a problem with a couple of games in the past few months, this isn't a good sign, I rarely had problems until then and I've been a BFG customer for many years.

[Post New]by ticaheart on Aug 29, 13 12:06 AM
Like others I am unable to pick up items in the HOS, right now I am not able to pick up the mortar and pestal. Previous to that it was the coin for the piggy bank. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and that did not help. I am only on the demo right now, and would like to play the game and purchase, but I won't at this point and wait for the glitches to be taken care of. Have done all the fixes outlined from previous comments.

Go to: