azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by azjmarie on Aug 27, 13 3:43 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed this demo.
Love the artsy graphics, as the remind me of the Drawn series, a personal favorite.
Gingerbread men playing roles of villains and hero's is very fun.
My only complaint is the annoying voice of the helpful hint gingerbread man. I suppose if cookies could talk, they may sound like that. But really? Drives me a crazy.
Overall a good creative game. Wish there were more like this!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Aug 28, 13 9:03 AM
Based on Demo:

MMMMM, spiteful GINGERBREAD MEN minions and NOT just another 'COOKIE CUTTER' game.

Yay... I am SO happy to have played yet another of the oft times far and few between CREATIVE and ORIGINAL offerings from BFG... and I feel as though I got my gaming 'belly' full with this one ~~ and it looks like another real keeper. (Yep, I want to have my cake and eat it too).

A nice blend of very slightly eerie, yet fun fairy tale, mixed with lots of charm, a pinch of humor and adventure, a sprinkle of H0G and most importantly, combined with a HUGE scoop of imagination to keep the game unique and appealing from start to finish. Collect cupcakes along the way and who can resist the little GB pal that paces around if you happen to use a hint ...

I absolutely loved this game and my finger was on the BUY button the minute the DEMO was over.

They don't come along very often, yet when they do... they are done right. This one is one of 'those' and it is definitely not half baked.

Kudos to the developer and BFG. Thank you!!!

PS: I played on the most difficult level and found it quite easy, yet thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 31, 13 8:32 PM
What a cute game!! That's my first thought when it comes to this game. It would be a great game for beginners - easiest mini-games I've ever played!! And even the HOS were no problem. The 40 cupcakes to find were practically the first thing you saw in the scene!! This was, as one of the reviewers mentioned, a good game to play if you didn't want to have to concentrate or get aggravated. It was simple, entertaining, and just plain ole fun!! Congrats Devs - job well done!

feenix

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

AT LAST......

[Post New]by greenshade on Sep 3, 13 5:11 AM
I LOVED this game so much even though I'm not fond of hidden objects so much anymore but after my gradchildren have been cutting their teeth on Hodgepodge Hollow for a couple of years there's finally a new game that I can help introduce adventure to their gaming experience. Case in point, my granddaughter was here and like me, she chose not to skip any of the puzzles because they were doable but not too easy for her. Several times I asked if she wanted to "stop here" and do somethiing else and the entusiastic reply was "NO I want to keep playing!"
Her time was up and had to go home but she promised to come back and finish the game.
So THANK you developers for a wonderful re-write of a kinda grusome fairy tale that was a DELIGHT to play!!!
More re-writes of fairy tales, please!!!!!!

(do the developers read these reviews?)

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 3, 13 6:20 AM
Didn't review this game, glad I bought it in a sale as I think this is the worst CE I've ever played.

This game doesn't deserve to be a CE, graphics are approximate, story is ridiculous, and sugary, bound to be for a Hansel and Gretel !!. Play is easy and childish. This game doesn't even deserve to be a DD.

Collectables do not make a CE and these cup cakes soon made me sick...

Worst game I ever bought here

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Sep 5, 13 6:37 PM
not ce worthy- this being said a fun rather short game, looks like a storybook, bought for half price so not to bad

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 7, 13 3:52 AM
I have not finished the entire game but I can tell that thre are just a very few minutes remaining.

I love the fairy tale setting and feel to this. The graphics were delicious and I did not mind any of the voiceovers at all. And believe me, when there is something to annoy people, I am the first one to complain!
The puzzles, the graphics, the challenge & just whole feel of it were good. I think if there had just been more TO it....several more puzzles and scenes and story aspects, this game could've been great instead of just barely good.
Like, if kind of bad were a 5 and great were a 9, this game would be a 7.

My absolute strongest wish in the world, pc/mac gaming-wise is that the developers of these games would come to some forums & read our feedback and realize that there are those of us for whom short games are a total letdown. Sure, you may have to put a couple of more hours of work into your games, but you will have gained loyal, happy, game-hungry customers.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Sep 7, 13 4:15 AM
I've just finished the full game and the bonus episode, and I thought both were wonderful. I had no technical problems at all, the story was interesting, the rhymes amusing, the artwork gorgeous (some of those sweets made me drool!) and the credits at the end are the only ones I've read the whole way through - the extra descriptions of the people invoved in bringing the game to us were fascinating!!

Can't wait for the next 'Fearful Tales' from this team.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Sep 13, 13 9:14 PM
Well, yes, I liked the game & thought it was very cute. I always enjoyed the story as a child. It spooked me. It did seem kinda short to me but I am a fast player even on Challenge mode. All & all, I do recommend this. It is very enjoyable!!!

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Sep 14, 13 1:48 AM
Enjoyed this very much, waiting on it to come out non-CE as I don't buy those very often.
Storyline was cute, I enjoyed the graphics and puzzles. It was light hearted and a good time, my grandkids will surely enjoy as well.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Oct 29, 13 5:29 AM
I had a good time playing both the main game and bonus. The game was very cute and much fun to play. Also enjoyed watching the Making Of Video in the extras - very funny.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on May 28, 14 10:00 PM
fun little game. found all but one cupcake. cute charcters.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Jul 31, 14 8:19 PM
I had such high hopes for this game. I am sure most will love it but for me too many HOGS every time you turn around there is another ! Darn it , pictures are fun story is fun puzzles are fun such high hopes and then HOGS at every turn. I purchased it but I will not be finishing it .

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel CE- watch the "making of" movie

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 26, 14 7:02 AM
I love it when you get to "meet" the artists/developers/creative team behind these games and I especially love to watch the credits that are written with a sense of humor, like these guys have. I am giving away my age, but how Monty Python can you get? Did anyone ever read the credits for MP and the Holy Grail?

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on Jan 28, 15 11:47 PM
Have just played this game on IPad, it was good except for it going back to Menu page or I would get a black screen. Very frustrating. The bonus game was good to, especially liked the map, hints and collecting small cakes.

Slgplg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Slgplg on Mar 29, 15 7:32 AM
I cannot find all 40 cupcakes. Only 39. The walkthrough from big fish games doesn't even address the cupcakes. I send a request but no help

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 24, 15 9:27 AM
I love this game! I bought it when it first came out and am replaying it now. I wish there were more games of this sort being offered. It's so different from the usual, tho I love that type too. Come on, devs, hear my plea!

Go to: