Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Post any Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 26, 13 7:21 AM
Is there supposed to be a bonus punch today? It's not showing that advert in my browser. Perhaps that's why no one is getting it?

PaulaSan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by PaulaSan on Aug 26, 13 7:28 AM
This game is not allowing my mouse/cursor to interact with the game.
If I choose the "hint" button, the game does point to the item and it will go into my inventory, but it will not let me move around or select items. So I couldn't even get out of the opening scene.

Will try deleting game and re-installing.

Anyone else having trouble with the game play?
It seem that this forum is mostly about the extra punchs not being applied.

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Aug 26, 13 7:30 AM
Bpup wrote:Is there supposed to be a bonus punch today? It's not showing that advert in my browser. Perhaps that's why no one is getting it?

There is a banner in my browser (Firefox) next to the tab my account.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 13 7:43 AM
Bpup wrote:Is there supposed to be a bonus punch today? It's not showing that advert in my browser. Perhaps that's why no one is getting it?

The usual Bonus punch ad is showing on the right-hand side of the main PC games page.

--- --- ---

And no, it has nothing to do with THIS game. I purchased a completely different game, and didn't get the extra punch.

copycat99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by copycat99 on Aug 26, 13 7:46 AM
PaulaSan wrote:This game is not allowing my mouse/cursor to interact with the game.
If I choose the "hint" button, the game does point to the item and it will go into my inventory, but it will not let me move around or select items. So I couldn't even get out of the opening scene.

I am also having trouble getting the cage into the hole in the wall on the 'dock'

Edited on 08/26/2013 at 7:50:27 AM PST

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Aug 26, 13 9:05 AM
PaulaSan wrote:This game is not allowing my mouse/cursor to interact with the game.

It does seem quirky . . . It helped me to increase the amount of cpu resources applied to the game in the Windows Task Manager . . .

I hope someone moves the bonus-punch stuff to an appropriate forum at some point, instead of allowing that stuff to muck up the topic . . .

Edited on 08/26/2013 at 9:06:18 AM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 26, 13 9:54 AM
I don't think there is an appropriate forum anymore, is there?

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Aug 26, 13 10:37 AM
I purchased a game today was today which with the bonus filled up my punchcard and received a pop-up message to say I had another pc credit but NO. My punchcard is not showing as full and I haven't received a credit.
Are there no mods left to sort this out?

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Aug 26, 13 10:43 AM
Gojira said
I hope someone moves the bonus-punch stuff to an appropriate forum at some point, instead of allowing that stuff to muck up the topic . .

I find this very offensive to a lot of gamers including myself who are having a genuine problem and have nowhere else to post. Our problems may be different to yours but that does not make it muck!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Aug 26, 13 12:21 PM
G'day,

I just wanted to pop in and clear up any questions or confusion about bonus punches.
There was an error this morning that did see some users not receiving the bonus punch.

Rest assured that this has been corrected and all punches will be awarded to those who earned them.

As mentioned, this isn't a technical or game related issue per se, however while the moderators and I work out the best way to address issues like this, I'll leave the thread as is.

We're looking closely at the reported technical issues here so that we can surface all the relevant information to the appropriate teams.

bfgMurrumbidgee

hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hibtug on Aug 26, 13 2:00 PM
i don´t think I ever earned an extra punch. In fact, every time I complete the card with 6 games, I have to ask for help, and only then the situation is corrected.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Aug 26, 13 2:15 PM
is it my PC or is something wrong with this game?
some times I can hear the characters talk and some times the are mute...
has someone else the same problem?

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Aug 26, 13 2:47 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,
As mentioned, this isn't a technical or game related issue per se, however while the moderators and I work out the best way to address issues like this, I'll leave the thread as is.

bfgMurrumbidgee

thank you for leaving this thread intact.

seems "the big flush of 2013" has created a bit of a catch-22, or perhaps we're stuck in a do-loop.
we have NO place to post issues like the bonus punch issue on the forums anymore.
live chat has been shut down, apparently for the long run, which means:
if you go to facebook to bring up the issue, you MIGHT get an answer, which is usually "there's not much we can do on facebook, so please contact customer service" but:
customer service is OVERLOADED and you're lucky to get an answer other than the first auto-response.

ETA: some problems, like this one of missing punches, needs attention NOW and cannot be handled in a timely manner through a customer service ticket. loss of live chat and forums has tied customers hands behind their backs.

so, what are we supposed to do, murrumbidgee??
please tell us how we are supposed to get BFG's attention to matters like this? this is a serious question that needs an answer, OT or not.

seems you have created yourself a problem. i wonder what the answer will be? seems like the answer right now is a fin slap and a "off-topic content removed" link. that doesn't really build customer morale or lead to increased confidence in BFG that problems will be solved in a timely manner like a few months ago....

giliraz, i don't have that issue, but i do have the issue of the whole inventory area turning black.... the inventory items are still there and i can use them, but i can't SEE them.... it's all black. going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. you might consider doing the same... it's worked for me before with off-again on-again issues like this...

Edited on 08/26/2013 at 3:24:02 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 26, 13 2:51 PM
I bought several games...and didn't get all of my punch codes. I guess there taking this away also?

Valdy & Everyone I miss:

Edited on 08/26/2013 at 2:53:33 PM PST

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 26, 13 3:21 PM
No Bonus punch for me either & no live chat; am I supposed to email CS, not sure?
Live Chat used to be a big benefit of being as member.
Sad what's happened after having spent a decade building a first-rate CS division.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 26, 13 4:54 PM
Giliraz wrote:is it my PC or is something wrong with this game?
some times I can hear the characters talk and some times the are mute...
has someone else the same problem?

No it isn't your PC as I have the same thing too. The people seem to start off a conversation but stop speaking after a sentence of two and leave you to read the rest..

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 13 5:54 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

I just wanted to pop in and clear up any questions or confusion about bonus punches.
There was an error this morning that did see some users not receiving the bonus punch.

Rest assured that this has been corrected and all punches will be awarded to those who earned them.

I still didn't get my extra punch, so I assume that only members who purchase games from this moment on, will receive the extra punch. I wouldn't have minded so much to wait to receive the extra punch. But I only still needed 2 more punches to fill a card, and since Saturday is the last day of the month, I don't want to lose 5 punches because I didn't receive the extra one.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Yes, indeed. This IS a technical issue. And if the non-existing extra punch isn't a TECHNICAL ISSUE, and BigFish's fault at that, I don't know what it is.

Edited on 08/26/2013 at 6:58:38 PM PST

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Aug 26, 13 6:20 PM
exactly right, valdy! i just checked BF's FB and a mod said to contact CS, but.... it takes a week to get a response sometimes! as was pointed out there, this issue needs to be brought to BFG's attention right now and there's no longer any way to do that without getting a fin-slap!

But I only still needed 2 more punches to fill a card, and since Saturday is the last day of the month, I don't want to lose 5 punches because I didn't receive the extra one.

yup, and if you fill that last punch thinking you won't get your bonus punch... and then you do, finally, that's also a wasted punch. so, you're REALLY stuck with the end of the month looming. i hope you get your bonus punch! *fingers crossed*

the point to all this is:
BFG set a benchmark for CS and now, with the "restructuring" have decided to drop down below their own benchmark. no support for issues like these in the forums and no *immediate* live chat support.
i'm not too happy about that.

at least murrumbidgee seems to realize there's a problem, and for that i am grateful!
can't wait to see if BFG will allow some sort of problem reporting with regards to the SITE rather than with a particular game. should i start holding my breath now?

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 26, 13 6:20 PM
Game goes Black Screen for me, "memory access error", must control-alt-delete for task manager & shut it down that way--otherwise it locks up my pc.
Have uninstalled & reinstalled twice, including clearing cache & registry, still can't get it to play--anyone else have this issue?

Edited on 09/02/2013 at 5:59:25 AM PST

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Aug 26, 13 7:04 PM
On the puzzle for the portal mix, when I skip it the bowl will not allow me to pick it up and put it on the burner. The hint button says that the bowl should go on the burner. I have not be able to figure out the "right" mixture on any of these types of puzzles so have had to skip them. I appreciate any help you can give. I did start a new profile and have played to that point, but am still not able to get the right mixture so don't know what to do next.

Go to: