Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

Re:Reviews for Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby

[Post New]by Ismene on Sep 20, 13 7:08 AM
I finished the game last night, and I've got to call it "average".

You can move directly to an area via the map. It would have been nice to have a direct link to the map, instead of having to go through the notebook, because there's a lot of back-and-forth going on. The map does not indicate if there's anything to do at a location.

I got the impression that the developer was artificially boosting the difficulty of the minigames by giving us poorly-written instructions for them.

The conclusion of the game fell flat. Clicking through a conversation between two game characters (with no interaction by you-the-detective) followed by watching a cutscene isn't all that exciting.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 3, 13 11:21 PM
I ran out of hints within about the first 10 minutes, probably half of which were spent on the second HOS, and then I couldn't figure out how to earn more. I finally had to use the 5th and last hint to get out of the dungeon. After that, I discovered that the hint button still worked. Go figure.

I just didn't like this game. I got as far as the old wino yelling for more wine, ran out of patience and quit.

I might get it on a DD or COW.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Feb 4, 14 1:16 PM
Finished the game, it could have been a fun game if I knew what I was doing half the time!

[Post New]by slgibbs1 on Mar 3, 14 2:36 PM
If it didn't have so many bugs I'd give it 5 stars. As it is right now-2 stars. I had to reload the chapters so many times!! It's frustrating to collect all the butler's pieces and be unable to place them under the tree. And others are having the problem at the dock picking up the wood. Reloading helped there, but I am ready to give up at the butler's tree!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 27, 14 12:20 AM
Funny... I completely forgot I'd previously demoed and reviewed this game until I got to the "old wino" that I complained about the first time! Then, when I did get to him, I didn't remember that I hated him... although this time I did find him very annoying the way he kept calling for more wine! So, being a woman of very short memory, I continued on until I finished the demo, and I'm liking it much better this time -- a nice mix of humor in with the adventure.

Go to: