underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Re:Walkthrough

[Post New]by underwriter on Aug 28, 13 3:25 PM
Part 13 is up now but I guess I need Part 14 or 15.

Later: Kthnxbai, I made it.

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 4:17:04 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 28, 13 5:12 PM
The full video walkthrough is now on youtube.

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 8:12:02 PM PST

[Post New]by cdprhys on Aug 28, 13 5:19 PM
Ok, this is frustrating. I use the walk-through when I get really stuck, and only then. Currently, I'm on the part with the rat from the docks. I've got it in the cage, but I don't know what to do with it. When I hit the hint button, it leads me to/hilites the guy by the docks who wanted me to catch the rat. However, when I try to give him the trap/cage he just grunts at me. When I try to talk to him, he grunt at me. What am I missing here?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 28, 13 9:05 PM
cdprhys wrote:Ok, this is frustrating. I use the walk-through when I get really stuck, and only then. Currently, I'm on the part with the rat from the docks. I've got it in the cage, but I don't know what to do with it. When I hit the hint button, it leads me to/hilites the guy by the docks who wanted me to catch the rat. However, when I try to give him the trap/cage he just grunts at me. When I try to talk to him, he grunt at me. What am I missing here?
That area of the game is in the Ashley Clark Secret of the Ruby walkthrough part 5 on youtube.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 29, 13 3:55 AM
Lizziek

I love you for this.

I was stuck on the same puzzle as deejae, and convinced myself the totals were 29,just don't know why, I added all the numbers and I think they came to 209, maybe that's where I half got it from.

I have enjoyed this game so very much and hate skipping puzzles, but this one I would never have worked out.

Thank you so much

Linda

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 29, 13 5:50 AM
You're welcome, Linda. My eyes and head hurt and I had to take an Advil when I was finished with that puzzle. I did tons of trial and error on it. The directions for the puzzle were confusing so that did not help.

PaulaSan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by PaulaSan on Aug 29, 13 10:58 AM
Lizzie K....

There will be a special place in Heaven for you!!

Thank you SO much for taking the time (and enduring headaches!!) to make this walkthrough for us.

I'm sure that more than a 'few' of us will feel adventurous enough to buy this game now, knowing we have a walkthrough as a backup for when we get stuck!!

Many blessings,
PaulaSan

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 29, 13 2:50 PM
Thank you, Paula.

The video walkthrough is not as good as a written walkthrough but it is better than nothing. It is always nice to have a little something to go to as a backup and check out before a game gets frustrating. I loved that the puzzles in this game were challenging and I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see how they could be solved.

I wish I could post the video walkthroughs faster but I work 4 days a week during the day so I only have the evenings and weekends and Wednesdays to work on them.

Happy gaming!

PaulaSan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by PaulaSan on Aug 29, 13 8:01 PM
Hey, LizzieK....

No need to apologize for anything! I don't see how you put the videos up as quickly as you did, having only weekends, Wed., and evenings to make them...I mean that's using so much of your own free time! You still have to eat and sleep, etc., etc.

I agree videos can be a bit more time consuming than a written walkthrough, but for some puzzles the instructions for the puzzle can be hard to put into words and so can some of the written solutions.....so videos of the solutions are "pictures worth more than a thousand words", as they say!

I love the puzzles, so I find it really helpful to see the solutions. Again, many thanks!

Hope you have a nice "restful" weekend
PaulaSan

Edited on 08/29/2013 at 8:14:32 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 31, 13 9:57 AM
LizzieK wrote:I am posting a complete video playthrough or walkthrough on youtube for this game.

On youtube search for Ashley Clark Secret of the Ruby walkthrough.

You are the best... your videos have saved me so many times when I get stuck.
Thanks for taking the time to do these.

Care

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 31, 13 3:31 PM
You are very welcome, Care.

I love to help out game players. Unfortunately every time I come to the forums now I get sad and mad because of what BFG destroyed. I am really struggling with whether or not I can be happy continuing to post on BFG. I am just taking it day by day.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 3, 13 5:54 PM
@ LizzieK

THANK YOU !

Preparing the video walkthrough must have taken you simply ages--it's a wonderful & kind thing you have done & I believe you are helping many players !

Thanks again for your time, effort & care.

Your walkthrough link should be pinned by a BFG mod IMHO.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 4, 13 1:53 AM
Pin the walkthrough Janie42?

What a great idea! Poof!

All done and thanks again for LizzieK for taking the time to share this with us.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Walkthrough (Info on user created walkthrough by LizzieK!)

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 4, 13 10:52 AM
Thank you Janie. I'm glad the videos helped. It's not the best way to post a walkthrough but it is better than nothing.

Thank you bfgBaikal for pinning this topic.

elaynemu
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by elaynemu on Sep 7, 13 6:03 PM
I don't like having to buy the CE's either. As far as I am concerned they are making you buy the WT by paying twice as much for a CE. I do usually play the bonus chapter if there is one but don't care about concept art, wallpapers, etc. And they won't let you use your free game credits for them either so usually my free game credits expire because there are not many games anymore that aren't released as CEs first. What are you supposed to use your free game credits on? And as for the forums, I also stock up on games when there are sales and by the time I get to playing them, no one is posting on the forum anymore. THANK YOU Lizzie K for your time an effort to make a WT for this game. I am hopelessly stuck and am headed for YouTube. I am an older player and I remember playing Myst. Yes, it was very challenging but back then you had to wait 6 months or a year for the next game from a developer so you could devote a lot of time getting through a game because it would be awhile before there would be another one. And it was also very expensive. I remember having to buy a Myst guide for $10 after paying, at least, $50 for the game.
Makes the CE's look a lot more affordable now that I look back on it.

vescova
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by vescova on Sep 21, 13 3:25 PM
I AM STANDING GROUND WITH EVERYONE BELOW HAS TO SAY>>I TOTALLY AGREE<<

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Nov 22, 13 8:45 PM
Hello all, I also agree with many things that have been said here. I play a lot of games from BFG and elsewhere. I'm also not the healthiest at over 60 and had my share of heartaches over the years. I don't watch television and can't do much of many things that I used to and some days even housework is impossible to do. There are games I can breeze through from beginning to end and then there are games that are so frustrating that they get left or I have to print the entire walkthrough out to be able to start. There are puzzles that leave me scratching my head, anything with lots of numbers to find the sequence, really needs guidance or you could be there forever. Today in this game I'm stuck on the star shaped key that is in the mill, I turned it and one of the clips moved but nothing happened. No skip and the hint keeps showing the key. I'm stuck and finding my way through forum. Will keep searching to find a way out. We all have different stages in gameplay and we all have different needs in the way we play them. Games on PC or other mode are to entertain us and in my case, keep me away from dementia and boredom. After saying all this > happy gaming.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Dec 8, 13 1:02 PM
How do you get more hints?

TY.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on May 7, 14 10:11 AM
I personally do not like You Tube walkthroughs because you have to watch everything you already went through or figured out on your own. I know you can skip ahead some but that sometimes messes up the video. Plus some of them are not complete. They only cover a portion of the game.
I'd rather have a written walkthrough with pictures of the puzzle solutions. But I only resort to it if I can't get anywhere after numerous tries.

Go to: